[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

treex

First Post
The initial wave of assault caught the demons by surprise, most of them are trying to get into position right now, although failing terribly.

One of the crowds of monsters have already thinned out considerably, but only seems to have angered the surviving few.

[sblock=Mob Initiative 11]Hah, crappy roll here[/sblock]
[sblock=Initiative]Everyone but Lerrick gets to go a turn, then the monsters
22: Artie
22: Dina
21: Nate
17: Malakai
12: Lilli
11: Monsters
10: Lerrick
[/sblock]
[sblock=Update]
Damage Taken
Demon Rider: 61
Swarm 1: 54/89 (BLOODIED)[/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina joins the rest of her allies and then throws her spear at the Demon Rider once again, enchanting the weapons and implements of her allies with arcane power.

"Spread out before those swarms and their arcanist retaliate!"

[sblock=actions]Move: M9
Standard: Magic Weapon (Demon Rider) (1d20+14=28, 1d6+7+5=15)
Result: HIT Demon Rider for 15 damage.
Malakai, Lilli, and Nathantiel gain +1 to attack and +4 to damage until the end of Dina's next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 6
Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 17
AC 21, Fort 15, Reflex 19, Will 22
HP 49/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 7/7
Speed 6, Initiative +11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon,
Commander's Strike
Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [],
Shocking Feedback [],
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [],
Use Vulnerability [x],
Curative Admixture [],
Inspiring Word [],
Adaptive Stratagem [x],
Animate Helper [],
Bold Victory Armor []
Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [],
Destructive Surprise [],
Philosopher's Crown [x],
Power Jewel [][/sblock]

OOC: I have an item power that triggers when an ally bloodies an enemy, so I need to know who makes the attack that results in an enemy becoming bloodied.

OOC: Turn Summary
HIT Demon Rider for 15 damage.
Malakai, Lilli, and Nathantiel gain +1 to attack and +4 to damage until the end of Dina's next turn (power bonus).

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli arrives in the bag and sees the wall of monsters before her. She throws down a magical carpet of shadowy tendrils that writhe around some of the demons, but it is uncertain as to whether they have an effect. She shouts a warning in Allarian, "Look out for the shadowy tendrils, they aren't friendly!" before darting off away from the portal, but she also takes a very brief moment of time to magically capture the image of a demon at the back inside the crystal clear orb that she carries.

[sblock=actions]Standard: Grasping Shadows at square R10.
Maw Demon Swarm: Total = 10 (a natural one.) MISS
Maw Demon Herder: Total = 12. MISS
Potential damage, in case any passer's-by kop for a dose: 13.

Until the end of Lilli's next turn, there's a zone left in the squares: Q9,R9,S9, Q10,R10,S10, Q11, R11, S11.

Grasping Shadows (Encounter Standard Area burst 1 within 10 squares Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
Target: Each creature in burst
Attack: +9 vs. Will
Hit: 1d8+6 Psychic damage and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 Psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn. Targets can only take the zone damage once per turn.

Minor action: On the Arcanist, Lilli uses this power from an item on the Arcanist.

Orb of Far Seeing +1
Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Choose a target within 10 squares of you. Until the end of the encounter, this target is considered half as far away for the purpose of ranged attacks made with this orb.

Move action: Moves to M14.

Some potential interrupt actions:

If Lilli is hit by a foe and use of the Shield spell will make it the hit miss, she'll use this:

Shield (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Personal Arcane, Force)
Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.

If Lilli takes damage in this round from an attack that isn't from a swarm that makes her bloodied, she'll use:

Fade Away (Encounter Immediate Reaction Personal Illusion (Racial Ability))
Trigger: You take damage.
Effect: You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.

Invisible Castle hates me this week.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats:]
Lilli

Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Fade Away
Second Wind
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Use Vulnerability
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows - USED
Horrid Whispers
Shield
Maze of Mirrors
Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
Majestic Word
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis tries to pear around the lizard, "Did you say Arcanist?"

[sblock=ooc] Any opinions regarding moving Artie to go engage the arcanist? [/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: The rider is already engaged and heavily wounded. I'd like to see if we can take him out before he attacks, as he is an elite. The arcanist is probably a good second target for Artemis. I could possibly even give you a charge against him next round if the positioning is right.

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 6)

Nate braces himself as he enters the swarms aura. From outside the back, Berry moves to follow his master/friend.
Nate sighs as he releases a hail of deadly thorns...

[sblock=OOC]
move: Berry into the bag, Nate into the swarm aura O10
standard: Thorn Spray
hit enemies also take a –5 penalty to all defenses until the end of Nate's next turn.
forgot Dina's bonuses:
add 1 to all hit rolls (only P2 is a miss) and the damage is 16.

LeMap
[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
Temporary Hit Points: -

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Any opinions regarding moving Artie to go engage the arcanist?

OOC: The rider is already engaged and heavily wounded. I'd like to see if we can take him out before he attacks, as he is an elite. The arcanist is probably a good second target for Artemis. I could possibly even give you a charge against him next round if the positioning is right.

OOC: Don't run through Lilli's spell! If anyone can slide the Arcanist into it, that'd be cool, though.

Quick heads up; I'm off for a few days overseas on Monday. I'll be back on Saturday 9th June, but feel free to take Lilli's go for her in the meantime if I can't post myself.

FourMonos

First Post
With a steady hand, Artemis presses the lizard riding demon. While the demon prevents a death blow, the starshadow blade pierces his shoulder. Light flashes from the impact.

[sblock=actions]
Standard: Resplendent Blade vs. demon rider: 1d20+13, 1d10+15 → ([13, 13], [2, 15]) Roll. Hit AC 26 for 17 radiant damage. One enemy adjacent to target takes 3 radiant damage. I'm not sure if the lizard is a potential enemy we have to deal with, but I guess I'll deal damage to it if appropriate.
[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
Resist 5 cold

HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 5 squares,
Languages: Common, Primordial

Action Point: 1

Second Wind: unused

Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases