[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: @Son of Meepo : I added the defenses/hp chart to the adventure page... thanks for creating that page! Hope you don't mind me tweaking it and adding to it.

I think you have the first wave just right. Also, if you have any abilities that just give out free "basic attacks" (not specifically melee basic attacks), then you can also use it on Malakai, as he has a very nice attack with his at-will Elemental Bolt power, which can be used by him as a ranged basic attack.

OOC: I have:

• Commander's Strike: MBA only
  • Provocative Order: Charge
  • Surprise Strike: Str or Dex weapon (melee or ranged) attack.
So, nothing that could take advantage of Elemental Bolt. Artemis is by far the best target for Commander's Strike and Provocative Order, but Surprise Strike is pretty much a dead power in this group. (Nathantiel is probably the best target, but even his attack insn't spectacular).

[MENTION=84680]treex[/MENTION]: I added Initiative to the page so that you only had to refer to one place when rolling initiative for us.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Artemis's defense and hit points were not correct, maybe from his hybrid warlock/warlord days, but they are fixed now.

Nice job on the tables and data SoM and everyone

Son of Meepo

First Post
OOC: Thank you.

Whenever I play Dina, I had been doing it on "paper" to help make decisions for my lazylord powers. But I figured that there was some value in sharing numbers with everyone.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Can those outside an opened bag launch ranged attacks into it at enemy foes or be attacked out of it, I wonder? I suppose we'll find out, one way or another.

Neil1889

First Post
After calming down, Lilli eventually puts the ring on. Suddenly an assault of language, memories and colour floods the other ring wearer’s minds before she masters control of the band on her left forefinger.

“It is rather a nice ring, such sweet little sapphires, but that is a quality ruby on the on the top shelf; oh, so very pretty, wonder if it is a Power Jewel (which would be very nice, must consider those) or something like a Gem of Seeing – ahee-hee think of the secrets we could find with that! Might have to take a look at this place more closely, what with the 7 x 9, 42? 63 shinier items on the hooks and shelves to look at if we get back. Admirable work on the bag, nevertheless; most gratified to see that our lovely little ritual book would likely be appreciated here; calm down Lotte, yes I know you’ll be watching him, dearest. Oho, here we go, looks like the shuffle to our doom is beginning, Oh Vena, demons why did it have to be demons? Maybe Lerrick will know about them, wonder if she’s read Patriarch Mordinion’s seminal treatise, not likely to read and speak dwarven, he-hee, sometimes I impress myself. No escape now, hope I can help Artemis from here, depends on what we can see when the bag is opened, speaking of opening, wonder what is like to have access to so many lives at once, having all that knowledge and memories of friends and family lost? NOOOOO! Don’t go there just now. It’d be a fine thing, but would I still be able to study several different texts at once or would it be like a an empty cave with shadows reflecting back off the walls, Oh Vena I’m so sorry wait I’ll shut up, probably should have made the holy water, too late now…”

treex

First Post
"Alright, if everyone is ready, you should try and get the jump on them." Niks said. "Three, two, one, GO!"
Niks mutters a word of the arcane and the smoldering rune disappears in a cloud of smoke. The bag is brimming with a bright blue light which bathes the room. The opening is still small, however: only once you try to step inside will your body shrink to fit in the bag.
[sblock=Mechanics]
[sblock=Entering the bag]If your character is at squares D3, E3, F3 or F4, you can take a move action to enter the bag. You are spit out in the blue area (the purple bit is where the swarm aura overlaps) and you pick where you land. When you land you are upright and perfectly fine, and does not affect any of your other actions.[/sblock]
[sblock=Telepathy]Dina, Lilli and Niks share a telepathic link which can be utilized however they see fit.[/sblock]
[sblock=Shooting through the bag]Heck, why not? Looking into the bag, everything looks really tiny. It's gonna be like trying to snipe an ant from 100 ft. away through your scope. You can take a -5 penalty to make a ranged attack or pass a Perception Check of DC 23 to reduce it to a -2 penalty. The origin square of the attack will be the blue A.[/sblock]
[sblock=You are ambushing]You all have the advantage here, as previously mentioned. Once everyone has taken a turn (Standard, Move, Minor), roll initiative.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Map (New Link)]LeMap[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Malakai was standing on the table, lol. I moved him to somewhere more appropriate.
And nobody worry about how I might turn you all into midgets forever. Also, everything is homebrewed but hopefully balanced as well.
Once you've all taken a move action, I'll have another post with IC fluff descriptions and stats.
Lastly, I apologize for the late post as school has just started and my sleeping patterns prior to this do not clash well with my schedule. Lost some sleep. Well, maybe more than some, quite a bit.
EDIT: Realized I didn't put in PC stats but why do that now when I can do it later? :D But I sure wished it would magically write itself *hint*[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads