[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

treex

First Post
"Alright, alright, everyone gather round." said Niks. "Heh, Master Niks, I like that."

"Ahem! Once I open the bag, there's no guarantee that you'll all be able to squeeze in at once. So, the frontliners should head in first...just saying. Get in position, everybody."

[sblock=Map]LeMap[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Later, once the bag is opened it'll cost one move action to enter so keep that in mind please. You can use the pretty token that I made or make one yourself if you're not satisfied :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: I placed Malakai in the google docs sheet.

Malakai has pretty decent HP for his level, but he's still only 4th highest HP in the group, and his defenses are pretty abysmal, so I'll let our tougher members get in first. Malakai's attacks pack a punch, but I will most certainly need to be kept out of melee as much as possible... otherwise this will be a very short adventuring career for him ;)

treex

First Post
OOC: I forgot to post saying that I fixed it so...I fixed it! :D
And I wonder what Malakai's reaction would be if someone pointed it out that he is relying on the party's protection. So he's not asking for it, he just demands it. Wow.

OOC: In his eyes, Malakai isn't asking or demanding that anyone protect him. The concept of selflessness and teamwork is completely lost on him. He sees other people as objects and pawns in his game of power, and as such, he is more than willing to allow them to go first, absorb the first wave of attacks that come, and then unleash his power on the distracted mob of enemies... Of course, that's not always how things roll... so he may be in for a rude awakening and a harsh lesson... if he survives.

While the group gets ready to venture into the magical bag, something occurs to Malakai...

"Hey Niks...we're all excited to venture into your magical bag of portals to the inner realms of chaos and all...some of us more than others, I think...but we never did discuss how much you were going to pay us for this job. I know we're on a time schedule here, what with demonic denizens attempting to force their way out and all, and I can't speak for everyone here, but I'm certainly not here for the benefits of my health. What kind of compensation are we looking at for dealing with your apprentices screw up?"

OOC: I looked through the older posts, and I didn't see anywhere that we actually discussed what we would get for this adventure, LOL. We're so eager to get this going that we forgot the #1 rule for mercenaries/non-bleeding-heart-adventurers...

treex

First Post
"Are you daft? I am an enchanter of magical goods! I'm sure you can find something to your liking after all this. And I suppose I could deduct some of Knax's pocket money to pay for your...services. More of a gesture, really. My artifacts should more than make it worth your time."

[sblock=Dina and Lilli]Niks thoughts reach your minds faster, so his spoken words seem like an echo of sorts. It sort of feels like "Arare you-u d-daft-t?" and sometimes his thoughts do not match up with his speech, like thinking something but speaking alternate words. But you're already used to this effect. Mild images of various treasures surge from within your mind as Niks tells everybody of his intended reward. Dina, Lilli and Niks' thoughts are linked and your thoughts will be sent to Niks (and each other) while you're in the bag. If you don't let your mind wander, you will not reveal anything you do not want to.[/sblock]

OOC: Yeah, I'm not so good with the rewards thing yet? Same goes for the XP thing :< *checks up the charter for XP ratios*

EDIT: Ugh, I'm forgetting mechanics and dropping all my marbles. Once you're in the lighter coloured tiles, you can take one move action to enter the bag, so up to four can enter and send their first wave of assault while the last two need to file in and will enter "late" and won't get their standard action. Only then will we roll initiative, so you may potentially get two attacks.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: The ones going last have the worst position, as they can be attacked but loose their main action? In this case I want to go first, seems to be the safest place...
Could the second row not just wait a moment longer and only enter combat in the second round, but with their full actions available?

Remove ads