[Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???)

FourMonos

First Post
With the explanation of the magic bag, any good humor evaporates from Artemis's face and he sits forward, "Wait a second, you brought a pocket dimension of demons into the middle of a major city? To what end? To kill as many people as possible?"

OOC: Doing greet treex!

treex

First Post
With the explanation of the magic bag, any good humor evaporates from Artemis's face and he sits forward, "Wait a second, you brought a pocket dimension of demons into the middle of a major city? To what end? To kill as many people as possible?"

OOC: Doing greet treex!

"Exactly that! This is why I am so cross with Knax, if the demons manage to rally a large enough force, they would just squash the whole of Daunton. Which is why all of you must be quick and strike while the iron is hot. They are amassing an army, but their numbers are still small."

"The seal I've put on is still keeping them in and it should last for another two or three hours, there should be no possibility of them breaking out. Yet. That's why I must head back, to renew the seal. And it would have been worse if I left it at the shop, it is best that I have it under constant supervision."

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli peers over the edge of the table with extreme interest at the bag, but on the mention of demons she raises a hand to her head and mutters, "Oh, dear Vena, I really am cursed by Fate to fight these things, aren't I?"

To Niks she says, "Look, if we were to go inside the bag, how would we get out? Also, where is your shop, exactly, so I can meet you there? I'm going to have to drop these borrowed books off with their owner; I shan't be longer than one half of an hour, probably much quicker."

treex

First Post
To Niks she says, "Look, if we were to go inside the bag, how would we get out? Also, where is your shop, exactly, so I can meet you there? I'm going to have to drop these borrowed books off with their owner; I shan't be longer than one half of an hour, probably much quicker."

"You get out the same way you get in of course! When I went in, there was a bright blue portal behind me. In the distance I could see a large purple rift, like something made a gash with great, monstrous claws. The glowing runes speckled the insides of the, I suppose you could call them walls...the structure is quite like a cave. And it was huge, vast, emptiness as far as the eye could see. It was beautiful and mesmerizing but I didn't have time to appreciate it much, as soon as I went in I was rushed by demons. I manage to fend themselves off and jumped back into the blue portal, but a demon tried to follow me out."

"It was clawing at me with it's other half stuck inside, somehow. At that point I blasted it back with everything I've got, to push back whatever else that may be coming out. Then I promptly sealed it. It didn't start deteriorating until much later, which I suppose means that they have their own kind which are well versed in the arcane arts."

"My shop is two streets down from here, directly behind the magical treats store...The Cloud Nine. My shop is Nicholas' Emporium of Magical Doo-hickeys. It used to say Magical Assortments until some vandal came by to wreck it. I've tried fixing it but it changes back to Doo-hickeys every midnight.

Neil1889

First Post
Lilli grabs the books and makes for the door.

"Then, I shall meet you there," she says and promptly leaves the room, a summoned spectral hand opening the door and then closing it behind her.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Dina watches the bag cautiously the whole time, wondering if demons would start to spill forth as the bag lie on the table. She grabs a hold of her spears just in case.

"If the seal prevents the demons from coming out of the bag, would it prevent us from returning as well?"

When the bag is put away, she still eyes it suspiciously.

"I have only two requirements. First, I will need to accompany you back to your shop so that I can observe the bag as well as the sealing. Second, you must teach me this sealing, so that I can employ it within the rift if necessary."

[sblock=treasure suggetion]Dina is looking to collect as many rituals as possible, perhaps this would be a good opportunity for her to learn the Seal Portal (level 8) ritual. She isn't high enough level to actually master the ritual currently, but will probably be close by the end of the adventure.[/sblock]

[sblock=wiki]I wanted to experiment with creating wiki pages to hold information useful during an adventure. I created one for this adventure with a few bits of information already filled in.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wishlist]
  • Mireva's (Ioun's) Revelation - Level 8 Divine Boon
  • Gauntlets of Remote Action or Sure Shot Gloves - Level 9 Hands
  • Rituals
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=treasure suggetion]Dina is looking to collect as many rituals as possible, ...[/sblock]

OOC: Likely that she'll get on with Lilli, then!

I'm just posting this here for later.

[sblock=Ministats:]
Lilli

Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Fade Away
Second Wind
Ghost Sound
Light
Prestidigitation
Mage Hand
Orb of Deception
Use Vulnerability
Illusory Ambush
Nightmare Eruption
Grasping Shadows
Horrid Whispers
Shield
Maze of Mirrors
Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
Majestic Word
[/sblock]

treex

First Post

"If the seal prevents the demons from coming out of the bag, would it prevent us from returning as well?"
"Well, it would keep you from getting in, but I'll remove the seal once you're all ready to enter. The portal will be left open until you all return, I'll enter after you've cleared the way, after which I'll make sure no stragglers can sneak into the portal."

"I have only two requirements. First, I will need to accompany you back to your shop so that I can observe the bag as well as the sealing. Second, you must teach me this sealing, so that I can employ it within the rift if necessary."
"Well, sealing the portal that leads in and out of the bag is will not be too hard to teach. That's a good idea actually, it'll ease my mind a bit to know someone else besides me can keep the portal sealed. The rift within will be sealed with another method, however. Since it's rather complicated, once we've gathered at my shop, I'll reveal how."

[sblock=OOC]I don't see why I can't let you have the ritual, not sure how this will change treasure and what not. I haven't the foggiest about that. Baby steps, treex, baby steps...I'll worry about that after I've finished brewing this monster (it's not even the last monster, it's the last monster to complete the first encounter X_X)

This interview is just a smokescreen so that I have more time to prepare, muhahah. And I like the fluffy bits.[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
As everyone is getting ready to depart a you girl shrouded by hooded a cloak sneaks her way into the room. Once inside she moves to a see next to Artemis and pulls away her hood revealing a beautiful face with blazing emerald green eyes.Hi Artemis she says with a warm smile. I was hoping to find someone I knew here. Turning towards Niks. I'm sorry I was late. I can't go around town these days without concealing myself. Mother almost wouldn't let me go, but eventually decided it would be in my best interest to keep occupied and learn more about my special gifts of healing. I heard something about demons.. The cleric's expression shows an expression of concern, but not fear. If we are in a hurry my friend Artemis can fill me in on the details.

[sblock=Lerrick's stats]
pending

[/sblock]

[sblock=treasure wishlist]

I'll think of something soon :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
The well worn smile returns when Lerrick removes her hood. Some of the worry relaxes behind his eyes.

"Well, Niks, you may have quite a problem, but seeing who has stepped up here, I think you're in good hands. Let's be off to the Emporium."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases