D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???) - Page 12


What's on your mind?

  1. #111
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore treex
    The initial wave of assault caught the demons by surprise, most of them are trying to get into position right now, although failing terribly.

    One of the crowds of monsters have already thinned out considerably, but only seems to have angered the surviving few.

    Mob Initiative 11
    Hah, crappy roll here

    Initiative
    Everyone but Lerrick gets to go a turn, then the monsters
    22: Artie
    22: Dina
    21: Nate
    17: Malakai
    12: Lilli
    11: Monsters
    10: Lerrick

    Update

    Damage Taken
    Demon Rider: 61
    Swarm 1: 54/89 (BLOODIED)
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: Lerrick's roll does not count the +2 from Dina nor the +2 from Nathantiel, so his initiative should be a 14 and before the demons.

  • #113
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Dina joins the rest of her allies and then throws her spear at the Demon Rider once again, enchanting the weapons and implements of her allies with arcane power.

    "Spread out before those swarms and their arcanist retaliate!"

    actions
    Move: M9
    Standard: Magic Weapon (Demon Rider) (1d20+14=28, 1d6+7+5=15)
    Result: HIT Demon Rider for 15 damage.
    Malakai, Lilli, and Nathantiel gain +1 to attack and +4 to damage until the end of Dina's next turn.


    Dina's Stats
    Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 6
    Passive Perception 17, Passive Insight 17
    AC 21, Fort 15, Reflex 19, Will 22
    HP 49/49, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 7/7
    Speed 6, Initiative +11
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind []
    At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon,
    Commander's Strike
    Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [],
    Shocking Feedback [],
    Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [],
    Use Vulnerability [x],
    Curative Admixture [],
    Inspiring Word [],
    Adaptive Stratagem [x],
    Animate Helper [],
    Bold Victory Armor []
    Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [],
    Destructive Surprise [],
    Philosopher's Crown [x],
    Power Jewel []


    OOC: I have an item power that triggers when an ally bloodies an enemy, so I need to know who makes the attack that results in an enemy becoming bloodied.


    OOC: Turn Summary
    HIT Demon Rider for 15 damage.
    Malakai, Lilli, and Nathantiel gain +1 to attack and +4 to damage until the end of Dina's next turn (power bonus).
    Last edited by Son of Meepo; Sunday, 3rd June, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

  • #114
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    870
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli arrives in the bag and sees the wall of monsters before her. She throws down a magical carpet of shadowy tendrils that writhe around some of the demons, but it is uncertain as to whether they have an effect. She shouts a warning in Allarian, "Look out for the shadowy tendrils, they aren't friendly!" before darting off away from the portal, but she also takes a very brief moment of time to magically capture the image of a demon at the back inside the crystal clear orb that she carries.

    actions
    Standard: Grasping Shadows at square R10.
    Maw Demon Swarm: Total = 10 (a natural one.) MISS
    Maw Demon Herder: Total = 12. MISS
    Potential damage, in case any passer's-by kop for a dose: 13.

    Until the end of Lilli's next turn, there's a zone left in the squares: Q9,R9,S9, Q10,R10,S10, Q11, R11, S11.

    Grasping Shadows (Encounter Standard Area burst 1 within 10 squares Arcane, Illusion, Implement, Psychic)
    Target: Each creature in burst
    Attack: +9 vs. Will
    Hit: 1d8+6 Psychic damage and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
    Effect: Shadows writhe in the designated area and continue until the end of your next turn. Any creature that enters the area of the grasping shadows takes 5 Psychic damage and is slowed until the end of its next turn. Targets can only take the zone damage once per turn.

    Minor action: On the Arcanist, Lilli uses this power from an item on the Arcanist.

    Orb of Far Seeing +1
    Power (Encounter): Minor Action. Choose a target within 10 squares of you. Until the end of the encounter, this target is considered half as far away for the purpose of ranged attacks made with this orb.

    Move action: Moves to M14.

    Some potential interrupt actions:

    If Lilli is hit by a foe and use of the Shield spell will make it the hit miss, she'll use this:

    Shield (Encounter Immediate Interrupt Personal Arcane, Force)
    Trigger: You are hit by an attack.
    Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to AC and Reflex defense until the end of your next turn.

    If Lilli takes damage in this round from an attack that isn't from a swarm that makes her bloodied, she'll use:

    Fade Away (Encounter Immediate Reaction Personal Illusion (Racial Ability))
    Trigger: You take damage.
    Effect: You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.


    Invisible Castle hates me this week.


    Ministats:

    Lilli

    Female Gnome Illusionist Wizard, Level 5.
    Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 18. Senses: Low-light vision.
    AC:18, Fort: 13, Reflex: 17, Will: 17.
    HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge Value: 9, Surges left: 7/7
    Speed: 5 squares. Size: Small. Languages: Eladrin, Allarian, Draconic. Dwarven.
    Saving Throw Bonuses: +5 Racial bonus against illusions.
    Action Points: 1
    Powers:
    Fade Away
    Second Wind
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Prestidigitation
    Mage Hand
    Orb of Deception
    Use Vulnerability
    Illusory Ambush
    Nightmare Eruption
    Grasping Shadows - USED
    Horrid Whispers
    Shield
    Maze of Mirrors
    Visions of Avarice [Visions of Avarice Secondary Attack]
    Majestic Word
    Last edited by Neil1889; Friday, 1st June, 2012 at 07:28 PM.

  • #115
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore FourMonos
    Artemis tries to pear around the lizard, "Did you say Arcanist?"

    ooc
    Any opinions regarding moving Artie to go engage the arcanist?
    Last edited by FourMonos; Monday, 4th June, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

  • #116
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: The rider is already engaged and heavily wounded. I'd like to see if we can take him out before he attacks, as he is an elite. The arcanist is probably a good second target for Artemis. I could possibly even give you a charge against him next round if the positioning is right.

  • #117
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 6)

    Nate braces himself as he enters the swarms aura. From outside the back, Berry moves to follow his master/friend.
    Nate sighs as he releases a hail of deadly thorns...


    OOC

    move: Berry into the bag, Nate into the swarm aura O10
    standard: Thorn Spray
    hit enemies also take a –5 penalty to all defenses until the end of Nate's next turn.
    forgot Dina's bonuses:
    add 1 to all hit rolls (only P2 is a miss) and the damage is 16.

    LeMap
    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.0
    Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

    Condition:

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
    Temporary Hit Points: -

    Conditions:
    Last edited by Walking Dad; Sunday, 3rd June, 2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: added Dina's bonuses. Thanks, Son of Meepo!
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #118
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    870
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Neil1889
    Quote Originally Posted by FourMonos View Post
    Any opinions regarding moving Artie to go engage the arcanist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    OOC: The rider is already engaged and heavily wounded. I'd like to see if we can take him out before he attacks, as he is an elite. The arcanist is probably a good second target for Artemis. I could possibly even give you a charge against him next round if the positioning is right.
    OOC: Don't run through Lilli's spell! If anyone can slide the Arcanist into it, that'd be cool, though.

    Quick heads up; I'm off for a few days overseas on Monday. I'll be back on Saturday 9th June, but feel free to take Lilli's go for her in the meantime if I can't post myself.

  • #119
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: It looks like Nathantiel's attack does not include the +1 to hit/+4 to damage that Dina gave him.

  • #120
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore FourMonos
    With a steady hand, Artemis presses the lizard riding demon. While the demon prevents a death blow, the starshadow blade pierces his shoulder. Light flashes from the impact.

    actions

    Standard: Resplendent Blade vs. demon rider: 1d20+13, 1d10+15 → ([13, 13], [2, 15]) Roll. Hit AC 26 for 17 radiant damage. One enemy adjacent to target takes 3 radiant damage. I'm not sure if the lizard is a potential enemy we have to deal with, but I guess I'll deal damage to it if appropriate.


    mini-stats
    Atremis Harks- Male Human Hexblade 5
    Status:
    Initiative: +3, Passive perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16

    AC 21 (20): For: 16 Ref: 18 Will: 20
    Resist 5 cold

    HP: 42/42 Bloodied: 21 Surge value: 10 Surges/day: 8 Speed: 5 squares,
    Languages: Common, Primordial

    Action Point: 1

    Second Wind: unused

    Powers: Resplendent Blade, Eldritch Bolt, Dire Fate
    Wield the Warp 1 2, Heroic Effort, Spectral Fade
    Confusion of the Cosmos, Shard of Darkness, Inspiring Word, Frostwolf Pelt, Ironscar Rod, Lesser Planar Ally

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th December, 2011, 02:21 AM
    2. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 05:31 PM
    3. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 05:14 PM
    4. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Wednesday, 5th January, 2011, 12:39 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •