D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???) - Page 13





+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 188
  1. #121
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: @FourMonos I think in this case, Treex is considering the rider + lizard as one creature, else it would have its own attacks and stats listed for defenses.

 

  • #122
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: @FourMonos I think in this case, Treex is considering the rider + lizard as one creature, else it would have its own attacks and stats listed for defenses.

  • #123
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    ° Ignore treex
    OOC: Another mid-round update, just so you guys know I'm kicking. (Ugh, school is draining me to the bone right now)

    As Nate strikes down one of the Portal Keys, his innards start mixing together. In what seems like a chemical reaction, he bursts into a golden shower of sparks. Another golden rift swirls around where it was previously standing.

    "Proteccct the keeeeys!" the Arcanist hisses. "They are the pivot in our plan, without them the army cannot traverse forth!"

    Monsters
    Yeah, the lizard and rider are considered as one (heh...WE ARE ONE \('A')/ Those hivemind things I hear about...)

    Damage Taken
    Demon Herder: 12
    Demon Rider: 109/180 (BLOODIED) (Bloodied by Nate)
    Swarm 1: 54/89 (BLOODIED)
    P3 Dies
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #124
    OOC: If someone can kill the swarm, Nate could avoid the aura damage.
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #125
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    ° Ignore Son of Meepo
    OOC: Looks like Lerrick and Malakai are left to act? Lerrick is a pacifist healer, so he' won't be able to take out the swarm by himself, so it looks like it is up to Malakai.

  • #126
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    OOC: Looks like Lerrick and Malakai are left to act? Lerrick is a pacifist healer, so he' won't be able to take out the swarm by himself, so it looks like it is up to Malakai.
    ooc: Lerrick goes after the monsters go. (see post below)

    Quote Originally Posted by treex

    Initiative
    Everyone but Lerrick gets to go a turn, then the monsters
    22: Artie
    22: Dina
    21: Nate
    17: Malakai
    12: Lilli
    11: Monsters
    10: Lerrick
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #127
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Sensing weakness in those demons close to him, Malakai's already disturbing visage transforms into a wicked sneering grimace, full of hatred and anger and sadistic glee. The Tiefling lets out a sigh of ecstasy as Dina's magic empowers him once more, and he travels, once again, into that realm of elemental energies within his mind, searching out a large source of power for his spells.

    Malakai shouts with a primal laughter that echoes strangely in the forever-scape of the magic bag as he comes upon a river of burning magma that runs over a sheer cliff, creating a deadly but beautiful lava fall that smolders and melts the rocks beneath it. Pulling on its energy harder than he could normally withstand, feeling powerful and confident with Dina's magical assistance, he watches as the magma lake slows, halts, and then freezes over, while his body attempts to withstand the disintegrating temperatures of his energy source.

    "De medius ut visio orbis. Profusum per ira. Caedo inimicus mei!"

    Again, Malakai feels a connection with the same conduit location where the shards of ice had pierced his magic circle. Waves of heat emanate from the runes on the ground beneath the feet of the lizard and the hungry swarm of maw demons and for just a moment, when the link between Malakai's portal to chaos opens beneath them, they can sense, more than feel, a bubbling font of lava beneath them. However, as predicted by Niks, what came forth was not to be fire, but ice, in a great font of ice and earth that rushed toward the "ceiling" of the magic bag that surrounded them. Hitting that magical upper limit, the gush of frozen lava splays outward like a mushroom cloud and then rains back down in a blizzard-like hail of razor sharp chunks of ice the size of small daggers.

    Still feeling a connection to the now-frozen element, Malakai catches a glimpse of the herder, whips brandished and snapping at his enslaved minions. With one last shout at the end of his spell, dagger thrust toward the demon, Malakai pushes his will into the falling ice and sends it flowing toward the whip wielder, piercing and freezing demonic flesh.

    While the herder was only minimally hurt by the icy spell, Malakai was satisfied to see that the horde of maw demons were pulled into the icy hazard he had created and shredded until a fine mist of demon viscera lay upon the frozen ground, continuing to be pelted, stabbed, and frozen by the effect of his perpetuating spell. He was also gleefully laughing at the rider and herder in a somewhat shrill voice and yelling at them in a strange language while circling around to Dina's other side, careful to stay near her lest the empowering magic she lent out would not reach him.

    Primordial

    "Ahahaha! Die pawns of weaklings! Join your master in the depths of chaos and tell him I'm coming for him!"


    Actions

    Standard Action: Malakai uses Ignition (area burst 1 centered on Q10), targeting S1 and R.
    Free Action: Malakai uses Elemental Escalation, which allows him to target one additional creature just outside the radius of his area burst, which targets the Herder. E.E. also adds an additional 1d10 damage to each target hit by the attack.

    Attack rolls vs Fort: (This includes Dina's bonus to attack and Malakai's racial bonus to attack vs. bloodied creatures where applicable)
    S1: 24
    R: 23
    H: 20

    This hits all three of them.

    Damage roll: 28 (This includes the +1d10 from E.E. and Dina's Magic weapon bonuses. THANKS AGAIN @SonOfMeepo !! )

    The Swarm and the Rider are both bloodied, so they take an additional 2 damage from Malakai's Crimson Determination. The swarm has vulnerability 10 vs Area/close attacks.

    This means that the creatures take the following total damage:

    S1: 40 cold damage
    R: 30 cold damage
    H: 28 cold damage

    The area burst 1 creates a zone that lasts until start of Malakai's turn. Any creature that enters the zone or ends its turn there takes 4 fire cold damage. A creature can take this damage only once per turn.

    As part of E.E., Malakai is allowed to shift half his speed (3 squares) as a free action, which he uses to shift to L10.


    OOC:
    Turn Summary:
    -S1 takes 40 cold damage and dies.
    -R takes 30 cold damage (Now taken 139/180)
    -H takes 28 cold damage (Now taken 40/??)

    -Malakai shifts to L10


    Malakai's Stats

    Malakai - Tiefling Sorcerer (Elementalist) 4
    Passive Perception 12, Passive Insight 12
    AC 17, Fort 17, Reflex 13, Will 20
    HP 46/46, Bloodied 23, Surge Value 11, Surges 10/10
    Speed 6, Initiative +2
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind
    At-Will Powers: Elemental Bolt, Ignition
    Encounter Powers: Elemental Escalation (Fire) used 1 of 2, Hellfire Heart, Shield of Flames
    Daily Powers: Diabolic Transformation, Black Wrath of Hell
    Item Powers: Chromatic Robe Power (Encounter)




    Last edited by CrimsonFlameWielder; Tuesday, 5th June, 2012 at 05:18 AM.

  • #128
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    ° Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Meepo View Post
    OOC: Lerrick's roll does not count the +2 from Dina nor the +2 from Nathantiel, so his initiative should be a 14 and before the demons.
    OOC: If I'm not mistaken, this should mean that Lerrick goes before the demons.

  • #129
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,063

    ° Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFlameWielder View Post
    OOC: If I'm not mistaken, this should mean that Lerrick goes before the demons.
    OOC: Correct.

  • #130
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    ° Ignore dimsdale
    Hey all. I'm sorry for holding everyone up. I'll Post lerric's turn later tonight
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 6th June, 2012 at 09:02 PM.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th December, 2011, 01:21 AM
    2. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    3. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
    4. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •