D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] Rift in a Bag (DM: treex, Judge ???) - Page 4




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 188
  1. #31
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    OOC: Bah, your Arcana checks are OP.

    Dina
    You find out that it is a maw demon, a simple creature that understands only two concepts: hunger and food. They are dim and stupid and driven into battle by hunger, not anger or bloodlust. However, you take note that the demon has signs of being whipped and suffered of malnutrition. And a tooth nicks your finger when you examined it. Hmph.
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

 

  • #32
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Quote Originally Posted by treex View Post
    OOC: Bah, your Arcana checks are OP.

    Dina
    You find out that it is a maw demon, a simple creature that understands only two concepts: hunger and food. They are dim and stupid and driven into battle by hunger, not anger or bloodlust. However, you take note that the demon has signs of being whipped and suffered of malnutrition. And a tooth nicks your finger when you examined it. Hmph.
    OP
    Dina is one of Mireva's Celestial Librarians. Specifically her divine task is to spend ten thousand lifetimes among mortals in order to build a great library of first-hand knowledge. She already has the knowledge of a thousand lifetimes already behind her.

    In other words, she is completely optimized for knowledge skills.

  • #33
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    Artemis arrives, his belt pouches clinking with his new potions. Upon seeing the slain demon on the floor, he comments "Looks like we better get going before more of them get out or the whole rift opens up."

    OOC: Artie is ready to go.

  • #34
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)



    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotherham
    Posts
    865

    Ignore Neil1889
    Lilli runs in, panting heavily. Upon seeing the carcass, she croaks "Er...I see it's all in hand for the moment then?" hoarsely and steps back outside to get her breath back.

  • #35
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Lerrick follows Artemis, checking one more time her supplies, especially the potions in her new belt. She takes in a deep breath, then exhales slowly. I'm ready to go.


    @Son of Meepo Lerrick's CS should be finished by tonight if you want to give it a check tomorrow. My bad on not having her ready to go. Thanks for being willing to give it an approval.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #36
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    Malakai shows up...finally... and walks through the door to Niks' shop.

    "Sorry I'm late... had to get something out of my system before we went into the bag..."

    Somewhere far in the distance, in a forest outside of the borders of Daunton, a stream of rising smoke can be seen wafting upwards toward the heavens, and anyone close enough to the area can hear the vehement curses of a group of druidic elves.


    OOC: Malakai is ready to go!


  • #37
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 6)

    "Let's do this
    ."
    Nate says agitated, his Blink Dog Berry at his side.

    OOC

    all his dailies are summonings. I assume they work normally in this adventure, right? If not, I would have to level up to 7 after all to compensate for my lack of daily powers...
    I also assume teleports and other powers work normally, too?

    Quick Sheet

    Nathantiel Xiloscient
    Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
    Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
    Hit Points: 56 / 56 Bloodied: 28
    Temporary Hit Points: -
    Resist:-
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Milestones: 0.0
    Healing Surge: 14 Surges per day: 9 / 9
    At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
    Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
    Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), Summoner's Staff

    Condition:

    Berry Sheet

    Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
    AC 22 Fortitude 20 Reflex 20 Will 20
    Initiative: +7
    Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
    Temporary Hit Points: -

    Conditions:
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #38
    Registered User
    Gallant (Lvl 3)

    CrimsonFlameWielder's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    26035 Moulton Parkway #140, Laguna Hills, CA 92653
    Posts
    936

    Ignore CrimsonFlameWielder
    OOC: Are we waiting on anyone else? Can't wait to see what you've cooked up, @treex! You're doing great, by the way. I love the premise of this adventure!


    Treasure and XP Note for Treex

    When I DM'd Catastrophe, I placed all of the XP, wishlists, wealth levels, and treasure passed out in the adventure in the first thread and updated it as encounters were completed and treasure was handed out. This allowed me to have everything in one place and just link to that first page as necessary for Judges to approve. You may want to do the same thing so that you can keep an eye on who has what on their wishlists, and also on your PC's wealth levels (so you know how much you're allowed to spoil us!

    In fact, if you look on the first post in Catastrophe, you'll notice that I placed a small chart of what characters' wealth levels should be at by the end of the level shown. You can use that as a guideline if you'd like (and since I already have listed the wealth levels for Dina, that's one less person you'll need to calculate!

    Anyway, here is my wishlist for Malakai! Keep up the good work, and thanks for trying your hand at DMing!

    Malakai's Wishlist







  • #39
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)



    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Malaysia, Kampar
    Posts
    614

    Ignore treex
    "Well, I see that everyone has gathered round. Let's head to the back where it's more...discreet." said Niks. "Not airing the dirty laundry and all that, heh..."

    The gang heads to the back of the store: the walls are lined with shelves, filled with wondrous treasures; trinkets hang from various hooks; a huge red gem is shows proudly through a glass case.

    "Okay, gather round. I'll go over the plan now..." Niks said as he leyed out three sheets of cloth on a large table. They emit a soft purple glow and have runes etched into them. "Knax! Get the patent out, if you please."

    Knax brings his master a huge piece of parchment, covering more than half of the table. Niks spreads it out and you see that the parchment has runes scribbled on every inch, one long endless line from start to end.

    "Now, these are the 'plans' of the runes inside the bag, an item enchanter's equivalent of a blueprint so to speak. Those of you who are fluent in the ways of the arcane arts can obviously see a fatal flaw here, here and here." he points towards three points on the map.

    He gestures towards the strips of glowing cloth on the table. "These patches of cloth are what we will be using to seal the rift. Technically we won't be sealing the rift, per se. Rather, we will be undoing the mistakes of my apprentice by placing my runes over his. This is the first, this is the second and that is the last one." he says as he points to each.

    "The first two errors are somewhere around the middle, the last one is dangerously close to the rift. The concentration of their army would be thickest there, I suppose."


    He takes a deep breathe and sighs "I can't believe that I'm saying this but since Knax is my responsibility, I will guard the portal back against any stragglers or sneaky demons." he says. "Once you have secured the area, I will enter with a slew of magical items to aid our cause. Knax, go prepare the items on that list I handed you earlier.

    "Alright, before we enter I want to hand this to you." He extends his hand towards the party, in it are three rings: three silver bands, each with a different gemstone set in it. "This will let you communicate with me, put it over your finger and your thoughts will be sent to the bearers of the other two rings." he puts one of the rings on his index finger: it has a bright emerald-coloured gem in it.

    "Keep in mind that the effects are constant: every thought you make will be sent to me and one other. I suggest you discuss further as to who shall bear such a heavy burden." he places the rings on the table gently.

    GM: Last discussion session before the first encounter. Bah, now I'll have to make that map...let's see here =_="
    Emsy (Deva Bard 1) Kruor (Warforged Vampire 3) Themes (Genasi Scout 1)

  • #40
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Fitchburg, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    2,068

    Ignore Son of Meepo
    Dina snatches the strips of cloth and one of the rings. She begins to examine them to determine first of all, if the runes will work as intended and second if the ring has an additional properties or... side effects.

    Let me look at those. If the student can make such egregious errors, the work of the teacher becomes suspect as well.

    OOC: There's that 8 Charisma showing up again



  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 4
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th December, 2011, 01:21 AM
    2. [Adventure]The Eye of the Tiger(Judge: ???)
      By EvolutionKB in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 588
      Last Post: Wednesday, 3rd August, 2011, 04:31 PM
    3. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
    4. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •