Sneak Peek of Pathfinder Comics #1

Steel_Wind

Legend
The New Pathfinder Comic Book Series – Sneak Peak

There is a new sneak peak of the 1
<sup>st</sup> issue of the new Pathfinder Comic at Bleeding Cool. The new comic is due to be released this August – sometime around Gencon. To be published by Dynamite, Issue #1 of the new Pathfinder comic promises character profiles, game stats, a pull-out map and a poster, too! The new series, to be written by Jim Zubkavich sounds pretty cool. Moreover, it looks pretty cool, too.

It also looks pretty violent and is not shying away from an adult theme and feel, which is a refreshing change from my perspective.

There are few story details available right now, but the first 40 page issue will be set in Varisia with the "iconic heroes" battling goblins and their evil mastermind pulling the strings. The initial arc is expected to last at least six issues, and then I guess Dynamite will see if they want to continue with the series further.

The pull-out map and poster in Issue #1 sounds like an especially cool bit of promotional SWAG. Well, it's SWAG for those of us who pick up the new Pathfinder comic, that is. I admit I was on the fence, but the words "pull-out map" were enough to grab my undivided attention immediately!

[UPDATED]
Paizo has announced more details on the forthcoming Pathfinder Comic Book Series HERE.

"The iconic heroes at the core of the Pathfinder's world are brought to life for the first time in a brand new story full of charm and high adventure that will please fans and entertain new readers alike. Issue 1 clocks in at 40 pages (and remains $3.99) and includes over 10 pages of character profiles and Pathfinder RPG game statistics, plus an EXCLUSIVE removable, playable tactical map and poster. Be sure to pick up Pathfinder #1 from Dynamite, coming this August to comic stores everywhere!

In issue #1, Valeros can rely on only his sword arm and his friends, the mysterious and beautiful sorcerer Seoni and silver tongued quick-witted elven rogue Merisiel, but nothing can prepare him for the dangers that lurk ahead. The scattered and chaotic goblin tribes of Varisia are changing, growing in power and unifying in ways no one has ever seen before. At the heart of this strange evolution is an ancient evil looking to establish itself anew."

For a look at more panels from issue #1, check out Bleeding Cool,
here.

Attachments

• Pathfinder01-Cov-Parrillo.jpg
    Pathfinder01-Cov-Parrillo.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 6,989
Last edited:

Alphastream

Adventurer
I can't throw a stick in a comic shop without hitting lots of violence/gore. I really would like to see an RPG comic that we could share with our young kids, as it would be a great way to get them into the hobby.

This clearly won't be it... anyone have suggestions for something RPG-ish that is good for kids who are just learning to read? (Our kids don't watch violent cartoons or movies, or really much media at all). Thanks for any suggestions.

Edgewood

First Post
What ever happened to having a working knowledge of human anatomy to draw comics? I recall when I placed submissions to Marvel and DC comics. They were almost tyrannical in their replies that I needed to improve my figure drawing and to display a working knowledge of human anatomy. Clearly, with this company, that's not the case.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
There is an alternate cover. I personally don't like Parillo's style.

This image is apparently drawn by an artist named Scalera.

Pathfinder01-Cov-Scalera.jpg

Holy Bovine

First Post
What ever happened to having a working knowledge of human anatomy to draw comics? I recall when I placed submissions to Marvel and DC comics. They were almost tyrannical in their replies that I needed to improve my figure drawing and to display a working knowledge of human anatomy. Clearly, with this company, that's not the case.

Marvel employed Rob Leifield for years. I would have thought people living in glass houses wouldn't throw stones...

Holy Bovine

First Post
I can't throw a stick in a comic shop without hitting lots of violence/gore. I really would like to see an RPG comic that we could share with our young kids, as it would be a great way to get them into the hobby.

This clearly won't be it... anyone have suggestions for something RPG-ish that is good for kids who are just learning to read? (Our kids don't watch violent cartoons or movies, or really much media at all). Thanks for any suggestions.

Almost my reaction verbatim. I don't even have kids but I would surely have loved to give this to my friend's kids who are just at the age where RPGs would appeal. I don't have any suggestions for kid-friendly RPGish comics but I would recommend TSRs old [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Pillars-Pentegarn-Endless-Dungeons-Adventure/dp/093569692X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337060622&sr=8-1"]Endless Quest[/ame] series by Rose Estes. The first half dozen I found quite engaging as a young lad of 12.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
...and the sorcerer chicks wears an annoying almost nothing in WINTER again. And the alternate cover looks like an ad for a magic whorehouse. The elf ears are stupid antennas again. And way too much gore.

*sigh*

Paizo, you can do better than that. You did do better in the past. I had high hopes for this but I won't be getting those.

Holy Bovine

First Post
And people wonder why I don't post that much...

???? Errr - I think you might have misunderstood what I was inferring. Leifield is a terrible artist that Marvel employed for years - he has no concept of anatomy so them telling you to get a better grasp of it sounds utterly ridiculous to me. Marvel is the one living in a glass house throwing stones. I'm really sorry if you thought I was insulting your artistic talent!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases