Iron DM 2012 -- R2 complete, Finals in Progress

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Congratulations [MENTION=21629]ender_wiggin[/MENTION].

Thanks [MENTION=150]Radiating Gnome[/MENTION] for the judging and feedback.

My initial write ended up over 2400 words and I struggled to get it cut back to 1998 for submission. I'm inclined to think some of what got cut might have helped make some of the elements a bit more thorough and/or meaningful.

There simply wasn't the space. C'est la guerre of IronDM.

But glad you liked the creativity and playability. [I'm glad you got the "King" thing. hahaha. Wondering if anyone got the coleoptera quartet reference as well. ;) ]

Now, ender_wiggin, go on to kick further DM butt that my loss will not have been in vain. :D
--SD

ender_wiggin

First Post
The word count was also the biggest challenge for me. I think a lot of the unique flavor of tautorite was perhaps lost to editing, resulting in a pitiable comparison to unobtanium.

For what it's worth, I really liked your interpretation of the Staff of Storms and it was my favorite part of your adventure. It was unconventional, imaginative, and in my mind it was just the kind of idiosyncrasy that makes a setting come to life.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Round 1 / Match 3

Haven't heard from Waylander the Slayer since I proposed this time, but his previous post was around 1:30 AM, so I'm going to assume he's on a different sleep schedule than I am and trust his word that he's ready to go starting today.

Shoe and Waylander the Slayer, you have until 6:pM on Thursday, May 31st (Eastern Time).

Your ingredients are:

- Pious Pawn-Broker
- Puzzled Nobility
- Dying Jungle
- Pursued by Pirates
- Blink Dog
- Ghost Voice Helmet

May the most evilly creative rat-bastard win. ;)

Cheers, -- N

Shoe

Explorer
Haven't heard from Waylander the Slayer since I proposed this time, but his previous post was around 1:30 AM, so I'm going to assume he's on a different sleep schedule than I am and trust his word that he's ready to go starting today.

Shoe and Waylander the Slayer, you have until 6:pM on Thursday, May 31st (Eastern Time).

Your ingredients are:

- Pious Pawn-Broker
- Puzzled Nobility
- Dying Jungle
- Pursued by Pirates
- Blink Dog
- Ghost Voice Helmet

May the most evilly creative rat-bastard win. ;)

Cheers, -- N

Oh god, this should be FUN

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Sorry for my delayed response, but I had an overly long Memorial Day weekend and am only now beginning to play catch-up. I wanted to thank Wicht for allowing me to move forward, and Rune for giving me a very good and close run.

Steeldragons, I very much liked your adventure, particularly the lizardman first mate. I very much like that character. Congrats to Ender for moving forward and his portrayal of a different sort of minotaurs.

As for you chaps in round 3, ouch! That looks like quite an ingredient list!

Loonook

First Post
Must say I am sort of sad I missed that list...

I wasn't aware we were vying spots after the initial. Just been waiting... Also, why no Mention tags on the posts? Definitely makes it easier to keep track.

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Shoe

Explorer
Mine is almost done! CURSE YOU BLINK DOG!

I have always loved the idea of the blink dog, but good aligned monsters are FRIGGIN HARD to use well!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases