Iron DM 2012 -- R2 complete, Finals in Progress

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
The judges re conducting high-level negotiations (re: rolling off) to see who judges the final match in R1.

Do we have players? [MENTION=1861]Loonook[/MENTION] and [MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION] ? You guys around?

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Here, although I'll be busy playtesting until Monday night.

I'm in Europe but timezone matters little as I'm a night owl.

Shoe

Explorer
Thanks Nifft. Your points are all well taken. I agree fully with your criticisms. I fully expected to loose this round since my writing and adventure were very underdeveloped; the last half of the adventure was done in about 15 minutes. The dying jungle, astral pirates, and even the pious pawn broker all needed further development. The writing was also very flat; there was more telling than showing since I was running out of time.

Shoe, I think your writing was stronger than mine, and I loved your death cult. I wouldn't have been surprised if you had won.

Now where is [MENTION=67]Rune[/MENTION]?

Oh wait. :D

I knew you had this one as soon as I read your entry, non-traditional concepts are hard to pull of, and you did spectacularly. My first idea I scrapped was a hackers/super hero setting, but I just couldn't fit in the damn jungle. Ghost voice helm virus , blink dog as the code name of a wonder-pet sidekick, software pirates ... But I just couldn't work in the jungle AND the pawn broker AND nobility (since there isn't really nobility in modern day).

Good luck next round
-Shoe

Radiating Gnome

Adventurer
Okay, I can't wait any longer, so I'm going to go ahead and post ingredients. You both indicated that today would work, and I'll just have to assume that you're just AFK right now and will get these ingredients later tonight. If there are problems, let me know, we'll figure something out.

Round 1 Match 4: Lwaxy vs. Loonook

Ingredients:
Awakened Bear
Sinking Island
Esoteric Scholar
Family Reunion
Treehouse
Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Remove ads