Iron DM 2012 -- R2 complete, Finals in Progress

howandwhy99

Adventurer
I would like to volunteer as an alternate, but only behind Ender, Deuce, and Fickle if they don't get in on time. They posted earlier and I've mucked my way through a few times already.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
how come im not in the list of contestants?:erm:
This is your first post since sign-ups started, which was yesterday at noon. I'm going to assume that you wish to sign up now. :)

I would like to volunteer as an alternate, but only behind Ender, Deuce, and Fickle if they don't get in on time. They posted earlier and I've mucked my way through a few times already.
If you want to defer to someone in the Alternates slots, that's certainly possible, but only if you claim a place in the main game now. Are you in?

Cheers, -- N

Rune

Once A Fool
how come im not in the list of contestants?:erm:

In Nifft's original post, he said that he would open the sign-up at Noon, Saturday (your posts preceded this).

This is a throwback to the old days--slots would fill so quickly that the only way to make sure that everyone had a chance to be online at the right time was to announce the sign-up in advance. Judging from the interest generated so far, this is a pretty good idea (also, it's good practice in discipline for the contestants--which they'll need, if they want to win, believe me!).

That said, if I were a judge, I'd definitely count your last post as a sign-in.

Edit = Ninja'd by Nifft!

Remove ads