5e.... D&D Next Playtest OOC - Full

renau1g

First Post
Excellent!!! So we'll need to be careful with how we run it obviously. I'm up for it, now I just have to read the rules a bit more closely to figure some things out, I'd only been glancing over them as I didn't expect to play. So, how important is the tactical elements? i.e. could it be run without a battlemap? I've been playing with one since 2e days in my RL group I actually struggle a bit to think of running without (it's pretty impossible in 4e).

btw - mudbunny, are you still doing that CS stuff for WotC?

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] - are you going to run one still?

I'd need everyone to make sure they download the rules and agree to the playtest rules.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Excellent!!! So we'll need to be careful with how we run it obviously. I'm up for it, now I just have to read the rules a bit more closely to figure some things out, I'd only been glancing over them as I didn't expect to play. So, how important is the tactical elements? i.e. could it be run without a battlemap? I've been playing with one since 2e days in my RL group I actually struggle a bit to think of running without (it's pretty impossible in 4e).

A lot of the reports I have seen have ben people playing without a battlemap. Theatre of the mind-sorta stuff.

btw - mudbunny, are you still doing that CS stuff for WotC?

Yup. Still sending reports to WotC.

I'd need everyone to make sure they download the rules and agree to the playtest rules.

I have downloaded and aggreed to the rules.

hafrogman

Adventurer
When I ran it, I used the battlemap. The combat is easy enough to adjudicate without one, but I think I would have been lost trying to do the low-light vision/stealth rules without one.

I have signed the OPTA and downloaded the playtest documents.

renau1g

First Post
I may use the battlemap. Just easier for my brain. I use Maptools already for me 4e PbP's so it seems like a good idea.

So does everyone want to jump right in, i.e. start at the caves with a summary of the backstory and the quest? there's a couple hooks to use, so I can grab one and use that, or we could RP a bit of the upfront stuff?

mudbunny

Community Supporter
So does everyone want to jump right in, i.e. start at the caves with a summary of the backstory and the quest? there's a couple hooks to use, so I can grab one and use that, or we could RP a bit of the upfront stuff?

I am up for whatever anyone else wants to do.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I am still running one, I'm about to relaunch it. I'd still like to play in yours. I have signed up as a playtester on wizards site and agreed to the OPTA

Walking Dad

First Post
So interested! Signed up, agreed and everything and had not get yet a chance to play. Take me! I will play everything, but the rogue.

BTW, the weem made some great maps, the links are somewhere on ENWorld.

renau1g

First Post
So currently for here I have WalkingDad, mudbunny, hafrogman, & Charwoman Gene. Need one more to fill it up then we can get started, hopefully in the next day or so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases