5e.... D&D Next Playtest OOC - Full

Obryn

Hero
Thanks WD, I've looked at them and at another one with some less details to maybe not reveal the whole map, but being an open playtest I'm sure most people here are already pretty familiar with the set-up/adventure.

So based on my reading of someone else's playtest ([MENTION=11821]Obryn[/MENTION]), I've decided that we'll start in the private study of King Monarch Plotdevice, you have heard rumours that vile evil humanoids have kidnapped his son, Prince Macguffin Plotdevice, who had been out hunting alone, as those in the Plotdevice line are wont to do. (Awesome job Obryn, I really laughed hard at your summary, sounds like a fun group)
Awesome :) Thanks!

It especially worked well after the TPK. "Despite the previous group's utter failure, I have decided to send a nearly-identical party, thinking that eventually the results will turn out differently..."

-O

mudbunny

Community Supporter
Was sick most of yesterday and last night. Will post in IC thread later on tonight.

The name will stick.

I can haz puke-less sleep now??

Walking Dad

First Post
Thoughts on 5e thus far:

I miss the spell/power description on the sheet. I suppose one can do one, but the current sheet hides the complexity of the character and forces the player to refer to the "Handbook".

I miss Int to AC or the Mage Armor spell. The wizard's AC is terrible.

I like the new way they handle skills.

I'm eager to say the new saving mechanic in action (what saves are rolled with Charisma?).

Walking Dad

First Post
I hope not. If dwarfs go back to Cha penalty, it would mean that they are among the most vulnerable to be charmed.

Edit: I just found it, the handbook lists charmed as sample save for Wisdom saves and (may not quote) for Charisma. Sound s pretty similar. It is on page 5.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases