[FMG]3PP AP you'd like to see

gdmcbride

First Post
Greetings all,
My name is Gary McBride and I own Fire Mountain Games. We are half way through"Way of the Wicked", Pathfinder's only evil adventure path and are considering what comes next. We won't be making any definite decisions for some months, so this is your chance to toss out suggestions.

If you could have any third party adventure path for the Pathfinder RPG, what would it be? Don't worry about practicality or marketability. We'll worry about that for you. Instead, describe your dream product no matter how outlandish. What would be an adventure path that would make your heart race?

Remember, we can't use Golarion or Paizo's IP and we aren't interested in licensing anything (beyond using the Pathfinder Compatibility License). But we can make an epic adventure easily portable to any fantasy world.

Also, this is not the right place for "I don't like adventure paths" or "I don't buy anything third party" posts. Those opinions are of course valid. APs and 3PPs aren't for everyone. But I would prefer instead to discuss what adventure paths you think should be done that have been neglected.

I'm listening and thanks for taking the time to post.

Gary McBride
Fire Mountain Games

paradox42

First Post
You could do a lot worse than team up with Dreamscarred Press and do a full Psionics-themed AP. Psionics are a fairly popular alternative ruleset, and they've never been given the full Adventure Path treatment.

Crothian

First Post
A couple difficult to do well ideas I'd like to see

Present us with a kingdom in its glory and have some plot going on and then have the PCs time travel to different historical events and see the Kingdom being founded, dealing with civil war, and interacting with many different generations of the royal family.

I'd really like to see an AP that travels the planes. If there are some that are open content you could use those or just create your own versions of other planes of existence.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
A true urban adventure with lots of intrigue, backstabbing, political riddles and assassinations.

A wilderness adventure where the PCs need to aid the supposed monsters instead of killing them.

PCs getting turned into stone and wake up in the future to find themselves the supposed heroes of some prophecy.

Or maybe the PCs wake up in the bodies of monsters and need to find out what has happened.

Ad I also like the kingdom-come time travel idea.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Never let it be said that our hobby is not full of jargon!

I just giggled when I saw a thread title which began: FMG 3PP AP :D

triqui

Adventurer
Never let it be said that our hobby is not full of jargon!

I just giggled when I saw a thread title which began: FMG 3PP AP :D
The fun part is I understood it ^_^

To Gary:

I think a truly urban adventure would be incredibly. Specially if you spice it with some cool backstabbing from lovely NPC in a very well detailed City. It does not need to be swashbuckling to work. Just Urban.

I'm thinking on Paizo's Curse of Crimson Throne here: it started great, but then they had a very strong change of style, when the Party leaves Korvosa and it becames a barbarian adventure. The barbarian part was good as well, but it wasn't in the same mood than the first 2 books.

Thanael

Explorer
To differ from Council of Thieves' roguish bent, how about an wizardly detective/intrigue urban AP set in Absalom: a metropolis, a wizard's school, the Starstone artifact, historic ascensions... Though this may be hard with all the IP from Paizo.

How about Nex & Geb and their neighbor Osirion for a setting ? They have an interesting history (hint: get paizo users Sutekh & Set as advisors.) You might even do an undead AP there or another evil one.

Hmmm... Dwarven lands AP? Underwater AP ? Alkenstar AP? Indian/Vudran AP ?

Last edited:

Derfmancher

First Post
I would enjoy using an AP for the adventure my group is currently running. Basically we have taken kingmaker and made it evil. There are many things that can be done similar to kingmaker, and some that must be changed. Not to mention some ideas that fall completely outside of the existing AP. All we are really keeping is the kingdom building rules, the roles, the buildings, and the hex system. everything else is on me. I would love to see a company take on how that ap would run.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases