OOC discussion: Diabolical Plots

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
My status:

Work tonight so am planning on finishing background and equipment tomorrow night. Then I will be set.

I take it the group doesn't know each other yet.

HM

mazzoli

First Post
Sounds good. I've almost got my friend who's new to this up to speed. He's playing an inquisitor if anybody is still undecided on their class. It's looking like our group is going to consist of a fighter, druid, wizard, ranger, inquisitor and holy warrior cleric.

The party isn't going to start out totally acquainted, though if you want to work with somebody else you could work another party member into your backstory. I've got a good idea for a dramatic gathering of the party, but I'll need the history for Colvin and Talys to figure out how they'll play into it.

It's looking like we're getting pretty close to being able to start!

mazzoli

First Post
I just realized that I haven't included all of the rules that we'll be using so I'll list them here.

HP: For first level take your full hit die. For every level thereafter, take your full hit die minus 2.
Example:
A ranger with 12 Constitution taking the skill point FC bonus starts with 11 HP at level 1 (d10 HD + 1 con mod). Upon advancing to level 2 he takes the HP FC bonus and gains 10 additional HP (d10 HD - 2 + 1 con mod + 1 FC bonus) for a total of 21 HP at level 2.
Money: Start with your average wealth for your class.
Experience: I normally work with a milestone system, but I'll be using experience points here. We'll be using the fast track, and I might be accelerating the earliest levels further than that. Does anybody want to cap at a certain level and just do feats from there, similar to an E6 system? Otherwise, we'll just level as normal.
RP: If anybody wants a special chance to RP a certain element of their character, let me know and I'll try to work in a situation for it if possible.
Spell Lists: Casters can choose any spells included in the Core Rulebook, Advanced Players Guide, Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat (I think they put a couple spells in that one, didn't they?)
House Rules: The plan is to try to follow core Rules as Written for the most part, but we'll deal with stuff as it comes up. If anybody has a favorite house rule, let me know and I'll take a look and see if we can make it work.
If I'm missing anything important just ask and I'll address the issue.

Mlwells

First Post
Hello, I am the new guy that mazzoli was talking about. Looking forward to playing this game and getting it started. Finished building my character earlier so I am ready whenever. Here's her introduction (Hoping my over active imagination helps out though I'm the definition of beginner):

A day of no note whatsoever marked the arrival of a lovely dark- haired beauty to the town of Perium. The young woman had a spring in her step as she whistled a tralala. Though the town's perpetual fog obscured much of the sun, she maintained a neat viridian parasol above her to protect the pale, fair skin of her face.

Not far into the town the lass spied a small group of children lazily rolling a ball back and forth. As she got nearer, their emotionless faces turned and stared at her. Their gazes were so intent that most people would quicken their gait to avoid the pressure. But not this one.

The girl pivoted and skipped over to the children. She came right up to their sitting bodies and leaned over and gave each of the little brats a stern gaze with her eyes of differing colors. Her point made, she stuck her tongue out, revealing a tattoo of "laugh" upon it, and with a giggle she skipped away on her original path.

Lanalia L'as had fun to do.

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
In the same boat as HM. I have work tonight but I should be able to work up the details of his background since I already know what I want the basics to be.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fir is up and ready.

I am going to rework the sheet as I think it looks a mess, lol.

Ready to game when the group is.

HM

mazzoli

First Post
I'm going to post the game thread in about two hours. I'll link to it here when it's up. For [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION], [MENTION=2933]dave_o[/MENTION], [MENTION=6694241]Masrenzrik[/MENTION], and [MENTION=6694368]Mlwells[/MENTION]: you'll appear in the intro post. For [MENTION=6667065]Terrible Swift Sword[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7663]Starman[/MENTION]: you can just RP your way into the scene since I don't have your backstories yet. Don't worry about that too much, I understand that stuff gets in the way, but it sounds like some are itching to play so we'll get it off the ground a bit early.

mazzoli

First Post
Gameplay thread is up!

Let's continue here.

If you've still got outstanding character stuff, don't worry. I'm anticipating just some basic RP over the holiday weekend, so it shouldn't be too pressing.

Last edited:

Remove ads