OOC discussion: Diabolical Plots

Caim

First Post
I'm sitting down now to finish Colvin up and just so you know I am having issues with the site. Either I can't log-in at all or I have HUGE wait times. I clicked on the IC thread and went and ate before it came up kinda wait times.

Also is this game going to be set in town mainly or wilderness?

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
I've been having problems with the site taking a while today, but nothing quite that bad. I wasn't trying to put any pressure on you, just trying to get something going for the people who want to start "right this instant". I've got to say that I'm looking forward to seeing what Colvin's character is going to be like!

I think the initial bit is going to be moving between the surrounding wilderness and ruins and small habitations and the town, but it really depends on what starts happening and what the players enjoy. Do you have a preference?

Last edited:

Caim

First Post
I was just wondering because if the game took place mainly in the city I was thinking urban ranger instead if guide or being both.

mazzoli

First Post
I thought that might be what it was for. The short answer is "I don't know", but my hunch is that you'll be sticking to towns like Perium at the largest for the most part. From a metagame perspective I will say that the rogue aspects of an urban ranger could come in handy in the party, especially since a lot of the wilderness aspects of the ranger can probably be comfortably handled by the party druid.

Starman

Adventurer
Sorry about the delay. Every time I sit down to get my character finished up, I get distracted. Apparently my daughters think they're important or something. Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm going to make every effort to have Talys finished up tonight.

Caim

First Post
Rogue was in the front of my mind when we needed a skill monkey and still is to be honest. I was/am planning on making an assassin but I can easily do this with an urban ranger.

mazzoli

First Post
Sounds good. Feel free to keep adjusting your characters up to the point where you need to start making rolls, especially those who haven't entered the IC thread yet.

That is, once you roll for an action, I'm going to say your character is locked in at that point.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Hey mazzoli (may I call you maz? - please call me HM)

Hope you don't mind my sandbox/railroading/weirdness :)

I thought getting out of the busy inn and having the group go find the loner woodsman would give you an easier RP time (having only one NPC), and give us the chance to learn all the players.

For a minute there I was stuck trying to remember who was the DM and who were the players. Everyone's name starts with "M" (is this a conspiracy?)

Also wanted to know if you could put a few key links into your first post.

- The Obsidian Portal page.
- A link to the OOC here (might want to change the thread name).
- And later this links area could have key posts to use as reminders.

Thanks for listening let me know if I step on your toes, I'll take of the steel toes to make it a little easier :p

HM

mazzoli

First Post
HM,

Don't worry about how you're playing so far. I absolutely love it. It saves on me having to come up with this stuff, and gives me a starting point for making new content. It's especially helpful since I'm essentially creating the world from Perium out. I want to make it abundantly clear that you are absolutely not stepping on my toes.

I put the links in the top thread and changed the name of this one as suggested. Don't be afraid to make suggestions and ask questions...you can't have a good game without good communication between everybody.

I'd also like to point out the wiki on Obsidian Portal to everybody. I'm pretty sure everybody has the authority to edit it, so if you want to make notes on an NPC or place, or if you want to add something to the world, feel free to do so. If you add anything new you might post it in this thread so that I can take a look at how to integrate it into the game.

In further news, I'm incredibly excited now that the game is truly afoot!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases