OOC discussion: Diabolical Plots - Page 6
+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block dave_o

° Friend+
    Just as a heads up I'm posting right now!

IRL I am a musician as well as technical trainer so I have to really squeeze posting in, but I promise to always make time!

Woo!

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block Starman

° Friend+
    Not sure if you wanted me to roll my own Perception check or not, @mazzoli, so I just put my modifier in my post. I've had different GMs handle it different ways. Let me know what works for you and I'll do it that way in the future.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block mazzoli

° Friend+
    @Starman
    If you're going to take the time to try to find or hear anything, go ahead and roll your own perception. If you're walking by something I'll roll perception to see if you notice it. Basically if you're actively using a skill, roll it yourself, but if it's a passive use I'll roll it. If anything comes up where it's not obvious I'll just let you know if you need to roll. I rolled this one for you and got a 19, so it worked out.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block dave_o

° Friend+
    I am a little confused as to what tone we are going for -- is this, like, anime-level silliness? Or dark and brooding? I'm down for whatever but I want to know what direction to go...

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block mazzoli

° Friend+
    I was intending it to be dark and gritty, but with a knowing nod and wink that it wasn't to be taken too seriously. I'm up to whatever feel the players want, so if everybody wants a completely serious campaign I can work that too. I honestly think it would be fun if some of the characters played it straight while others didn't take things seriously, but we should probably have some agreement on this. Until we come up with something we can all agree on we'll just continue as we are.

Official question to all players: What kind of tone do you want the campaign to have?

Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block HolyMan

° Friend+
    I like the idea that some of the characters would take the troubles seriously while others were along for fun or what not. Keeps a sense of realism that each character has had different experiences and so reacts to the world around them in different ways. As to game tone whatever leads to the most fun.

As to what's going on in the game I'm not sure right now. Fir is hoping that the others are following behind while he loudly tromps ahead.

His idea is to hold of the thing while the others move in to engage it. And at a 24 AC my little bearded tank should be able to do just that.

HM

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block dave_o

° Friend+
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyMan View Post
    I like the idea that some of the characters would take the troubles seriously while others were along for fun or what not. Keeps a sense of realism that each character has had different experiences and so reacts to the world around them in different ways. As to game tone whatever leads to the most fun.

As to what's going on in the game I'm not sure right now. Fir is hoping that the others are following behind while he loudly tromps ahead.

His idea is to hold of the thing while the others move in to engage it. And at a 24 AC my little bearded tank should be able to do just that.

HM
    Din plans on letting the dwarf draw out any would-be ambushes. Especially because your dwarf is the only PC that Din has probably at least seen before?

The one oddball character I'm having trouble reacting to is the Changeling -- are Changelings common in this homebrew? If not, I think we might want to consider how we react in character to this strange, form-changing being who appears to be insane.

The name, "changeling" is a bit of a misnomer. Here you go if you want to know more about them.

Changeling - Pathfinder_OGC

As for commonality, I would say someone who is used to fighting hags and the such, ie. Oraia, would know who they were, or perhaps someone who shoves their nose in a book, ie. Talys would have an inkling. However someone that has spent their life in the same forest, may likely just see a rather beautiful human. Mazzoli can give final say on it though.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block mazzoli

° Friend+
    My ruling is that changelings are not unheard of, and most people who have the skills of an adventurer will likely have at least heard of them and would have their suspicions of someone like Lanalia, who bears all the common marks. So really, however you want to play it. Justify knowing about them by having had dealings with them in the past or something. Feel free to be creative.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

° Block dave_o

° Friend+
    Did Din connect with that attack? What about the pup?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply