Insanely high powered entities from my storyline/ Gods and Monsters update

RPWT

Explorer
Some old threads discuss the imbalace in very high level adventure.I think it's not fault of AH system.Only because any being more tend to omnipotent will become homogenization.You idea of word of chaos make a great deal in this problem.I think word of chaos can also use for Eschatolic Dragons.
[h=2][/h]

Some old threads discuss the imbalace in very high level adventure.I think it's not fault of AH system.Only because any being more tend to omnipotent will become homogenization.You idea of word of chaos make a great deal in this problem.I think word of chaos can also use for Eschatolic Dragons.
Hey RPWT! Thanks for the feedback!

I disagree, homogenization of Omnific beings only comes from a lack of understanding of the system and a lack of vision on how to fix it. A good DM should make their own solutions based on the scenario, I have several examples, the new Eschotolic Dragon, the Gankyil, for instance, has 'Omnific Mimic' right? Mimic in the IH Ascension handbook has no cosmic, transcendent or Omnific variants of these powers, a bad DM would just allow the ability as is, and it would be utterly game breaking as some lvl 40 diety could mimic a Time Lord's Expression of Power simply by witnessing it, and that's retarded.

So many of these beings are made to be taken with a grain of salt. People looking for balance in these games again are looking in the wrong place, even standard 3.5 balance isn't there.

A basic Fighter at lvl 20 is no where near the power of an equally leveled Sorcerer, and also on that note regarding homogenization, any sufficiently leveled being in standard 3.5 is going to appear homogenized to a low enough level being. Example: a lvl 5 fighter comes across a lvl 20 Sorcerer and a lvl 20 Fighter, the two of them will likely have powerful magic gear, items and weapons, and will appear incredibly impressive no matter what they do, and even if that fighter got in a straight no magic sword fight with that lvl 20 Sorcerer, by sheer levels and attack bonus alone he will be that low level fighter's superior, even with a poor attack bonus and likely very little actual armor on the Sorcerer's part. My point is is that things, when you actually play them out, especially from low levels all the way to Omnific levels, which I have done several times at this point, are not nearly as cut and dry as it seems initially.

Based on the way one plays out their character, you'll see certain 'key abilities', such as the Body/Mind/Soul/Spirit abilites, as the bonuses they give are incredible and before Abrogate comes into play give a massive edge that never loses power, Template powers are very strong, Abrogate, as I stated, is a bread and butter ability, without Abrogate many times you're simply toast, Apostasy is another as there are beings who can without save change your alignment and subsequentially instantly defeat you, so a certain amount of abilities need to be spend a certain way, however, this is no different thatn 3.5 again, as in 3.5 you'll be spending your hard earned gold, ability points, and feats on better armor, better spells, stat bonuses and the like, just to be able to survive the encounters your DM throws at you, it doesn't matter if you want to be a Paladin with a 20 intellect who's a scribe, you'll end up doing that sure, but you'll also spend plenty of money, time, and effort into things like weapons, armor, items, Str, Con, and Cha to better help you survive the campaign and not be relegated to being a 'Hopeless' character.

Also, regarding the Eschatolic Dragons, and The Akashic Aspects, the Words of Chaos are not trivial, only a single being in existence, besides the Supreme Being has access to a given Word, so Reim is the only one who can use SinKuRyEpSu for instance as he is in fact those Words incarnate, they aren't something one can learn, not even for incredibly powerful beings, only something one can be granted, the Eschatols on the other hand, though vastly, mind numbingly, powerful can potentially have several Dragons in their clade, there could be a whole Flight of Impossibility Dragons outside of this current Omniverse, The Annorath is one a several Infinity Dragons, though in this particular timestream, or fatestream, he is the only one here. The Eschatolic Dragons deal more with vast concepts, not specific traits of the Multiverse. Reim might be the Akashic Aspect of Darkness, but Oros the Taiji Dragon is the Dragon of Absolute Nothingness, Diaz might be the Aspect of Light, but The Annorath is the Dragon of Infinity, see the difference? One is a specific idea, a specific element created by the Supreme Being to make the Universe function as we see it, the the other is a much more vast and broad sweeping concept, something that even encompasses the Supreme Being in it's vastness.

So Thychen, the Supreme Being, only has one of each such Dragon in Existence, that is, his Reality. Throughout the Pleroma, there is only one, One Gankyil, One Taiji, One Wuji, Nothingness, Infinity, Impossibility, however outside the binds of the Pleroma and all the Supreme Being controls, there are other Supreme Beings, and things that exist in that place that can challenge them, such as Gankyil Dragons, that may eventually even control of a Kosmos here and there. In the books they describe the Lapika, the old Supreme Beings who live within Kuvatchim, the place beyond the Pleroma, and tend to the Supreme Being, they come from somewhere, they are deposed somehow. In my Multiverse, Thychen plans on at the end of the 12th existence, passing the torch to the Annorath, at which point the Annorath will be able to read the Words of Chaos as they are the words written in the Akashic Library, the storehouse of all knowledge of all beings from mortal to god to all things beyond them that have ever existed in any multiverse in all timestreams, in all fates. They are the only one's who can grant Words of Chaos to a being, the only one, but as such, their ability is unmatched. Syno, even though only a stage 2 Highlord, can manifest any desire within any entity, regardless of power, the Ultimate however, might be able to beat some ass, but he has no access to any ability of this magnitude, he has his Rainbow Lotus, which allows him to break free of being affected by such things, but that is an act of willpower, vice knowledge of anything similar to a Word of Chaos.

Hope that clears it up. As DMs messing with the stars themselves people should play with wonder not balance, trying to balance things when many such effects have no numbers is stupid, this becomes a game of chess, not checkers.

Last edited:

jboud045

Explorer
Very interesting concept the Words of Chaos, regarding the build for those metempiric abilities, how many divine abilities is each metempiric ability worth?

Question what stage high lord is Thychen?

So Thychen is a Stage 36 Highlord currently, he grows in power each time he dissolves the current existential epoch adding the number of existences he has previously created to his Status. Currently my campaign is taking place in the 8th of twelve existences, so thusly 1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8= 36 but if one leaves the Pleroma that is the universe of universes the multiverse if you will, and gets through Kuvatchim, the diamond realm of infinity at heart of the Pleroma and reaches the seat of Power, the point in which all experiences filter and are stored, the Akashic Library, Aravoth, one would encounter Thychen's true form which is the combined power of all 12 existences combined and is a Stage 78 Highlord.

His Three forms are Thychen, his form who rules over Pleromic Space and all universes and timelines, The Cosmic King who rules over all existence and is the one who turns the mighty Keys of Creation setting the very parameters of our multiverse, and The Man Behind the Desk, he who rules from the Akashic Library, less ruling existence and more gathering knowledge and experience but who's motives are impossible to know. What's crazy though is there are still beings larger than him, the Creator of the Supreme Being is a nameless entity called 'Antithychen' or 'Dennis' as my PCs have dubbed him, he's the actual Supreme Being but used his own existence to open the Throne up to others, using his methods to grow their own power and simultaneously gaining ever new heights himself, he's an effectively infinite being, likewise there are infinite infinities and thusly infinite Supreme Beings, each an unimaginable being able to create whole multiverses with utterly different parameters, and also there is The Akashic the Personification of the Akashic Records, he is a passive observer with a crazy history with Thychen in my narrative but this is dragging on so I'll leave it at that, lol.

Very interesting concept the Words of Chaos, regarding the build for those metempiric abilities, how many divine abilities is each metempiric ability worth?

And referring to Metempiric Abilities, they are worth 6 Omnific Abilities so thusly 1296 Divine Abilities.

Last edited:

jboud045

Explorer
You mention that each word of chaos is a Metempiric Ability, so Riem's got 5 words, that's equivalent to 6480 divine abilities, how does he get that many divine abilities.

You mention that each word of chaos is a Metempiric Ability, so Riem's got 5 words, that's equivalent to 6480 divine abilities, how does he get that many divine abilities.

Oy Jboud!

So two things, 1 go to Ascension Pg. 26 it outlines Divine Artifacts. Each Divine Being gains 4 artifacts, by liquidating artifact slots a Diety can gain extra divine abilities, it's a permanent exchange so if a God of Monsters for example has 0 artifact slots it would instead gain 5 Divine abilities per divine rank, extrapolate that to Highlord Stage 5, a being of 1000 Divine Rank I believe, and then add feats which I use Pathfinder rules so 1 feat every other level, which 6 feats can be exchanged for 1 divine ability, and also take into consideration that being an aspect is far more powerful than being a standard Highlord, they are Highlords granted power by Thychen himself, so their powers tend to be more powerful by proxy. It's been a while since I made Riem, but I believe his Words of Chaos are free abilities granted to him by Thychen as it was the utterance of that word that created Riem in the first place.

Let me see, doing the math, Reim would gain 833 divine abilites base, he has 2 artifacts so that's 2,500 divine abilites, divide by 6 equals 416 cosmic powers, divide by 6 equals 70 transcendent powers, equals 12 omnific powers, plus his two artifacts, the cube of zoe and the nightblade, and then his two unique powers, his Words of Chaos, which he has 5, and his Heart's Desire ability, it makes sense.

So thoughout my cosmos, there are an infinite amount of Highlords and Time Lords but only 12 Aspects who rule over all instances of certain existential fundamental forces or elements of creation.

Lesser Aspects
Fire: Rei Stage 2
Id: Syno Stage 2

Greater Aspects
Courage: Actoshen Stage 3
Victory: Taccien Stage 3
Wind: Ithen Stage 4
Water: Par Stage 4
Darkness: Riem Stage 5
Light: Diaz Stage 5
Loyalty: Maximus Stage 5

Higher Aspects
Quintessence: Solarius Stage 6
Cosmos: Ko Stage 15
Gravity: Kassen Stage 15
*Earth: Gamma Undefined (The Aspect of Earth, Naras, was a Stage 8 being and was destroyed by the Anomalous being Gamma, who is in fact the personification of the Akashic Library, sent to the Kosmos to learn about itself, as such it has ne definable stats and is considered to be invincible)
Energy, Creation and Destruction: Sercasembra Stage 18 (created to destroy Gamma, was unable to affect him, annihilates the Kosmos when he awakes from his slumber)

Supreme Being
Time/ Fate: Thychen himself Stage 36 (78 in the Akashic Library or Kuvatchim)

Unknown
'Dennis' or 'Antithychen': Uncertainty Unlimited beyond such concepts
Power: The Mulahatimic Dragons

Each one is considered to be far more than a match to a standard Time Lord or Highlord and are all truly indestructible as they are simply the materialization of a true concept of creation, though such beings could defeat them or stand in their way, seal them away or destroy their manifestation, even for all of the rest of a Existential Epoch.

The Lessser Aspects, Rei and Syno are deliberately made to be able to be toppled, representing lower ideals. The Greater or 'True' Aspects: Diaz, Reim, Par, Taccien, Actoshen and Ithen are made to be more absolute, but still able to be defeated in certain circumstances, The Higher Aspects: Ko, Kassen, and Sercasembra are truly absolute, other than The Annorrath, Shimmer, Oros (and those three would have extreme difficulty and could just as easily lose), Gamma (The Akashic) and Thychen Himself, nothing could face them and hope to succeed.

Gamma Rules over planets and life, earth, matter, etc, there was once an Aspect known as Naras, the Original Aspect of Earth and Matter, who fell in combat to Gamma and Gamma absorbed him. Thychen has attempted to remove the power from Gamma untold times and cannot effect him, he can manipulate certain concepts of him, once splitting his emotions, soul and body into three distinct entities but Thychen has learned to allow Gamma to exist as each time he interferes with him it ends in some major calamity.

Thychen Himself controls the flow of time, and keeps the power for himself, hence why times flows forward, all things are affected by it and little can be done to effect it. I'll post one of the Higher Aspects soon so you can get a glimpse, and likewise I'll eventually put Thychen up here eventually, these things take time to create though, lol. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads