Zenimax files trademark for "Dragonborn"

Lexeme

First Post
... the final result was that the second company can release a game called "Scrolls" under the condition that it's not a direct competitor with The Elder Scrolls series, which as a trading card game/board game hybrid video game obviously is not the case. No likeliness of getting mistaken for each other, no claim to the word.
If Scrolls would be an open world RPG, the situation would probably very different.

Well there goes my idea for an open world RPG about two brothers, surname Krulz, who battle it out into old age. I was going to name it "The Elders Krulz"

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Well, since money talks and B.S. walks, I think Bethesda (and the Elder Scrolls franchise) has the upper hand. I predict a name-change in D&D Next.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
eating-popcorn-03.gif

Well, since money talks and B.S. walks, I think Bethesda (and the Elder Scrolls franchise) has the upper hand. I predict a name-change in D&D Next.
Yeah. They should cut to the chase and just call them "Dragonboobs."

Warunsun

First Post
Non-Issue

I think this is a non-issue for WotC or Hasbro. Why would they even care? WotC has far more important things to work on like keeping their jobs. They need an attractive and selling D&D property or it all goes to video games away. Dragonborn are not an essential piece of D&D and if they were even concerned they could call them saurials or draconians instead. Non-issue.

Hussar

Legend
Well, considering this would be a job for Hasbro Legal team, and not 5e designers, fighting this out with Bethdesda wouldn't actually take away from 5 development. And Hasbro is pretty keen on guarding it's IP. They might take this up just on principle.

Weren't there Dragonborn in 3e though? I thought they appeared in Forgotten Realms or something like that.

Dire Bare

Legend
Well, considering this would be a job for Hasbro Legal team, and not 5e designers, fighting this out with Bethdesda wouldn't actually take away from 5 development. And Hasbro is pretty keen on guarding it's IP. They might take this up just on principle.

Weren't there Dragonborn in 3e though? I thought they appeared in Forgotten Realms or something like that.

Yup, dragonborn made their debut in the 3e product "Races of the Dragon". Not sure what year that was released.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases