D&D 5E Guidelines for D&D Next playtest/adventure discussion here at ENW

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Barista is a new type of Devil right?

Astrology is built into the system. As well as race, class, theme, background, favourite colour and blood type you have a star sign that determines your character's abilities.

Sadras

Legend
Astrologer*
Hit Dice: d14
Starting Skills: Navel Gazing, Bad Science, Self-Delusion
BAB: +1
Starting Money: 11d7 gp

Damn the astrologer is not going to just have the best hit points but his starting monies is through the roof, considering the economy is gonna be rewritten using silver as the common currency.

Last edited:

Chris_Nightwing

First Post
Damn the astrologer is not going just have the best hit points but his starting monies is through the roof, considering the economy is gonna be rewritten using silver as the common currency.

Yeah but he only has a Base Astrology Bonus of +1!
That's only +1 more than the other classes, and this is the whole class schtick!

S

Sunseeker

It's probably more of a 'do not redistribute in whole or in part' kind of clause. Nobody is supposed to see the mechanics except people who have agreed to their EULA (or whatever it ends up being).

Which makes no sense in the slightest since we're supposed to hand these out to our friends who likely didn't sign up, and play a game with them.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Which makes no sense in the slightest since we're supposed to hand these out to our friends who likely didn't sign up, and play a game with them.
Except that you are explicitly NOT supposed to do that. You can, nobody can stop you. But you're not supposed to. They're supposed to sign up and get their own copies.

S

Sunseeker

Except that you are explicitly NOT supposed to do that. You can, nobody can stop you. But you're not supposed to. They're supposed to sign up and get their own copies.

Considering that not everyone who signs up will get a copy, I find this a silly and pedantic idea. Sorry my best friend John, you can't play with us because Wizards says I can't show you the playtest. We'll just shun you for the next few months because we'll all be talking about the playtest stuff, and we can't say it around you.

Yeah, people are gonna play with their friends, not the like, 2 people in town who might have signed up and might have gotten a copy. I live in a small town, there are maybe 2 or 3 D&D groups in the whole town, and some of them have repeated members. I'm gonna play with the folks I know, not sit around wondering if I'm breaking some NDA.

Wizards woulda been better to just make this public.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases