D&D 5E Guidelines for D&D Next playtest/adventure discussion here at ENW

Li Shenron

Legend
How about a simple "uphold your NDA"? If we all respect our NDAs, nothing bad happens.

I don't think there will be any need to repost actual snippets of the rules, since the playtest is open to everybody and thus everybody WILL have the rules at hand. But it's good to keep that in mind of course...

hafrogman

Adventurer
Hmmm...

I predict a lot of "Rogue HP is too low because it is based on that value on his sheet. This is because something bad happened when the group reached pages 12. In THAT one room."
Well, if I recall correctly, the playtest will not just be the Caves of Chaos, it will be exactly the same map. So referring to room 22 on the map should be fine, since it's been published forever. If it's the same as before and there's an ogre sitting on a bunch of leather sacks, even that's fine.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Although I know WotC will have their closed playtesting forum for all these questions, and I'm sure I'll be posting over there too, I'd like to discuss as much as I can here for one simple reason.

I like you guys better. ;) ENWorld's a more civil, rational, and fun place to be, and I would rather have a full, meaningful discussion here than on the wizards forums anytime.

So, that's why I ask for specifics. Thanks.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In practice, stickies enhance one's ability to find a thread, but typically decrease the thread's traffic and visibility. If it is constantly in one place, folks tend to elide over it in their reading of the forum.

So, for now, as it is discussed, bumps are better than stickies. When it settles down and people need it for reference later, a sticky would be preferable.

I feel like we repeatedly have to explain this! I might write a short article and have "sticky" auto link to it! :D

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Although I know WotC will have their closed playtesting forum for all these questions, and I'm sure I'll be posting over there too, I'd like to discuss as much as I can here for one simple reason.

I like you guys better. ;) ENWorld's a more civil, rational, and fun place to be, and I would rather have a full, meaningful discussion here than on the wizards forums anytime.

So, that's why I ask for specifics. Thanks.

I'd rather you did, too. Redirecting all our traffic to WotC isn't going to be a recipe for continued survival!

Mercutio01

First Post
I feel like we repeatedly have to explain this! I might write a short article and have "sticky" auto link to it! :D
Sorry. I was just noting the fact that I nearly missed the thread in my posts, and I felt fairly sure that I would not be the only one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases