HM's Skull & Shackles AP

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: Wow, talk about a difference between the two rolls there.

The storm seems to feed Lightning's strength as he works throughout the night, always remaining calm, but clearly reveling in the challenge the storm presented to both the ship and him personally.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
After the man overboard incident, Tara returns to work...and it's some of the hardest work of her life so far. The ship rocks madly, and waves break over the deck. The rain washes the salt off, though, and it's not long before she can't even imagine what it must be like to be dry. Ropes and lines have to be pulled and tied...sails lowered and stowed...water that gets below decks has to be bailed in buckets.

Somehow, incredibly, though her body cries out against the abuse, Tara finds a second wind to carry her through it. Maybe she is her father's daughter after all!

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The ship's crew works through the night and nearly everyone is on their last leg when the waves start to subside. As the world lightens with the rising of the sun behind the storm clouds the sea returns to it's normal choppy self and everyone gives out a cheer that they survived the night.

Rain still falls, but it is not the heavy stinging drops like during the heart of the thunderstorm. Wet and fatigued the crew is disheartened as the brass clock starts it's mournful tone, signally the start of a new work day.

"Well? What did you think? That you'd get a day off because you worked a few extra hours? Ha!" Mr. Plugg says as he joins the captain on the poop deck. "Master Scourge!"

"Sir!"

"Give them their daily assignments and put them to work."

"Aye, sir! AYE!"

The crew moans in unison.

[sblock=Work]
Kolto - Mainsail Duties: Tough work raising and lowering the mainsail, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Bella, Tara, and Nightstorm - Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying knots in the ship’s ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Strength check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Jaakali, Kalir, Lightning - Repairs: Things constantly tear or break aboard the ship and need repairs, whether sewing sails or splicing rope all day, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check

Reiko - Cooking: Assisting Ambrose Kroop in preparing the day’s meal. If Kroop is sober, no check is
required. If Kroop is drunk, this requires a DC 10 Profession (cook) or Intelligence check. status= Fishguts is drunk.

Don't forget the -2 to STR and DEX checks for those that are fatigued.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Bella fatigued
Kalir fatigued
Kolto fatigued
Lightning fatigued

Tara - good to go
Nightstorm good to go

I'm very sorry sunshadow21 but I can't allow for re-rolling. I think it best to take the roll and change it by applying the right modifiers. It will help in the long run with things like - bless, bardic performances, and the like. If a person forgets to add those to their roll they can go back and add them in, but they can't re-roll the dice. So Lightnings roll would have been a 10.

Auto failing those that didn't post, so everyone but Tara and Nightstorm are fatigued, but the game wants everyone fatigued or exhausted. So now it is FORT DC 18 saves at the end of the day or become fatigued/exhausted.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Reasonable enough[/sblock]

Lightning continues to work throughout the day at a steady pace, clearly tired from the storm, but definitely not broken by it. Instead, it simply fills him with greater resolve to learn more and come closer to being one with such forces of nature.

OOC: actions-working diligently to give me an autosuccess on prof (sailor)

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kolto groans with the others, feeling every ache from the strenuous night previous. Nevertheless, he sets to with a will, pushing his body and to it's very utmost limit; the work is grueling today, and takes a further toll on the Tiefling's battered body.

Profession (Sailor) (1d20+4=22)
Fortitude Save (1d20+2=16)

[sblock=Stat Block]
KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
NN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Coming off a long night of working, Nightstorm decides to continue taking it easy and hedging his bets by working diligently throughout the day. His hauling and rope work is near to perfect, though his hard earned endurance is being tested by the end of the day.

[sblock=OOC]Not quite sure what you are saying: The DC 10 checks are really DC 18 (because I assume you use cut and paste for the work descriptions), or is there an additional check at the end of the day? If it DC 18 and I failed that check, am I able to use my Heart of the Fields ability again? This is one of those corner cases I think where it largely rests on when you consider my 1/day ability to have been used and when it is considered to have been recovered.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
After the previous nights toil, Kalir is too tired to mess about. So he diligently works at his assigned tasks all day. He uses his magic to help whenever practical.

However, despite been fatigued, Kalir finds that he is a lot more adapt at repair work than swobbing and turns in a exceptional days work

[sblock=OOC]I am assuming a +1 from Prestidigitation as previously. Also using Archaeologist's Luck

DEX Roll Modifiers: +8 = +4 (DEX) +4 (Work Diligently) +1 (prestidigitation) +1 (Archaeologist's Luck) -2 (fatigue)[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Not quite sure what you are saying: The DC 10 checks are really DC 18 (because I assume you use cut and paste for the work descriptions), or is there an additional check at the end of the day? If it DC 18 and I failed that check, am I able to use my Heart of the Fields ability again? This is one of those corner cases I think where it largely rests on when you consider my 1/day ability to have been used and when it is considered to have been recovered.

Sorry for the confusion - everyone will work like a normal day and make al ltheir work checks and take ship actions if they wish. (Working diligently seems the order of the day ;) )

Then after the work day they will need to make their DC 18 FORT saves to see if the double work load fatigues or exhausts them.

Your ability will run from 5am (when the clock tones for the work day to begin) to the following day at 5am. So you could use it if you failed the work check (but you passed that) or when you go and make your FORT save (but if you pass that you could use it to take an extra night time action as you have before).[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
By the time his work shift is over, Nightstorm is relieved. He is weary, in the relative sense that he is not feeling one hundred percent, though the ninja is not fatigued. But he is getting there. Sleep will be a welcome reprieve from work tonight, though were it not that the Tian woman was looking a bit worse for wear, he might have risked getting his sleep at the end of a beating in the ring. These sort of things had to be done right though: both combatants in good condition for the fight. Maybe tomorrow night.

[sblock=OOC](Almost strange to post this now that you saw it in the other thread, ;).) Okay, thanks. Also, I honestly had no idea that ability would be so amazingly useful in the first part of the adventure. And that is not even considering I do not use it half the time because of my aversion to finding out what happens to people caught sneaking around at night, ;) .[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Relieved to be doing something that actually demands some of her skills, Tara throws herself into the work with vigor that seems inexplicable for someone who worked most of the night before as well. Maybe it's just a long-running adrenalin rush from the storm, or maybe she's actually drawn some kind of surge of power from the storm directly by mystical means...but today she seems indefatiguable, and keeps the ropes and lines in top shape all day.

(OOC- Hoo. Guess I can't complain about rolls anymore for at least...an hour. Yeah, an hour. Hmm...seems I misapplied the Diligent modifier! Rolls should be 29 and 18. Still enough to pass the save though! Insanity.)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases