HM's Skull & Shackles AP

rangerjohn

Explorer
"Lets save some time, my notable skills are surgeon, swimming, the gods and the undead, contrary to appearances I do know my way around a ship when it doesn't involve climbing. These are my mundane abilities, I also enjoy the blessings of the queen, which you have sorely tempted me to demonstrate." Bella replies to mister Plugg. "oh, wait I did, though I was thinking in a more violent fashion."

Insight

Adventurer
Reiko says nothing, preferring to watch the others as they try to please the deck master. The truth is that Reiko does know her way around a ship, but she has no interest in jumping at the call of these dogs.

She examines her surroundings and wonders if she can find a way off this ship.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Your quiet girl," Mr. Plugg says coming to stand in front of Reiko.

"Can you speak? You understand Common?" he asks as his face shows for the first time he recognizes her eastern linage.

Insight

Adventurer
"Your quiet girl," Mr. Plugg says coming to stand in front of Reiko.

"Can you speak? You understand Common?" he asks as his face shows for the first time he recognizes her eastern linage.

"Of course, I can speak," Reiko replies. "I'm certain that I have nothing to say that would interest you in the slightest."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why you little..." Mr. Plugg says starting to raise his cat o' nine.

He thinks better of it and says, "Bah! Didn't want to send a girl to the kitchens, but it looks like you volunteered." He says to Reiko with a sneer.

"Your now the cook's mate and you best be good at it or you'll end up hanging from the closest yard-arm. Go below and report to Fishguts!"

Turning his back on the petite woman he looks to the rest of you and says, "The rest of you are swabs, and your not even good enough to be that, but your what we got! And I doubt you make it three weeks before your keel-hauled!"

After the outburst everyone stands around looking at the first mate for more, but it is Master Scourge who speaks up. "You'd 'eard the man. You lot grab a holystone and get to scrubbin'!"

"You!" he points at Reiko. "To the kitchens! And you Red-man get to helping with the line work!"

"Move!"

*crack* *crack*

[sblock=Jobs]
Assigning jobs for everyone but Reiko now.

Kolto: Line Work = Hard work hoisting and lowering sails, requiring a DC 10 Profession (sailor) or Dexterity check. The PC must also make a DC 10 Constitution check to avoid being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Everyone else but Reiko: Swab the Deck
= Backbreaking work mopping the decks and scrubbing them with sandstone blocks called holystones, requiring a DC 10 Strength or Constitution check. Failing either check results in the PC being fatigued at the end of the shift.

Before your rolls and posting...

Please check out this add-on to the RG about Ship Actions as it may modify your roll or give you something extra to post about.[/sblock]
[sblock=Last three weeks?]
Well if you prove Mr. Plugg wrong and do survive three weeks aboard The Wormwood you all will level up. So that leads to your level up goal -

Survive 21 days aboard The Wormwood.

Easy?? We'll just have to see.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Lightning chooses to spend the day focusing on his task, and establishing himself as a competent ghost on the ship before trying to make a move. With an ease that suggests previous experience, he handles the mop and holystone adeptly while largely letting the rest of the ship go on about him without notice or care.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nightstorm looks forward to wrapping that whip around the Scourge's throat, but for now there is nothing for it but to keep to his work. The others who had been abducted and press ganged might have their work cut out for them, but this man has spent his whole life working hard. Swabbing the decks would be easy. However, Nightstorm looks forward to breaking this mop over Mr. Plugg's head...

Nightstorm gets to work scrubbing the deck. He focuses on the parts of the ship that are necessary for good footing, as good footing is always necessary on a ship. Always best to focus first on the functional. With all the moving about, he finds that time to time he has the opportunity to sneak off for a moment here or there to explore. What he really wants to know however, more than the layout of the ship, is more about that Tian girl. At the first opportunity he has, he moves in close to speak to her privately.

" I do not know if they allow sparring aboard this ship, " whispers Nightstorm, leaning in close. " But one way or another, you and I are going to fight, hand to hand. I have waited for the opportunity to test myself against a native Tian fighter for years. You have the look. And now that you and I are stuck here aboard this ship, I am not about to let it pass me up. "

[sblock=OOC]Do the two additional nighttime ship actions count as happening on the same day as the regular daytime actions and nighttime actions, or are they counted as occuring the next day?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Reiko takes to her new position as assistant cook. She doesn't mind Fishguts... much. At least she's away from the rest of the crew, who are the honorless curs she expected them to be.

OOC: Not sure how you want to work Reiko's job performance. The closest skill I can see is Heal, and she's not trained in it. It would be the same as a Wisdom check for her, which may be broad enough to make sense.

At night, Reiko bides her time for the first few days. It is only until she gets restless that an idea pops into her head.

OOC: So, Reiko first three actions for each cycle are:

Day 1, Day 2, Day 3: Work Dilligently
Night 1, Night 2, Night 3: Sleep

When we get past this point, I'll post what she does next.

Insight

Adventurer
While traveling to and from the pantry to get supplies, Reiko notices Nightstorm watching her. She approaches him.

Nightstorm gets to work scrubbing the deck. He focuses on the parts of the ship that are necessary for good footing, as good footing is always necessary on a ship. Always best to focus first on the functional. With all the moving about, he finds that time to time he has the opportunity to sneak off for a moment here or there to explore. What he really wants to know however, more than the layout of the ship, is more about that Tian girl. At the first opportunity he has, he moves in close to speak to her privately.

" I do not know if they allow sparring aboard this ship, " whispers Nightstorm, leaning in close. " But one way or another, you and I are going to fight, hand to hand. I have waited for the opportunity to test myself against a native Tian fighter for years. You have the look. And now that you and I are stuck here aboard this ship, I am not about to let it pass me up. "

"It is absurd that you seek to fight," Reiko replies. "Though perhaps sparring for sport could be a reasonable way to pass the time and I wonder if we might earn some money doing this. These idiots would kill for some good entertainment and I know that we could provide some."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases