HM's Skull & Shackles AP

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
As soon as the boat is anchored, Kolto steps to the rail, shifts his beloved Falcata to his back where it will provide the minimum interference with the coming swim, and follows Nightstorm into the sea. His dive is clean; he breaches and begins the swim with an even, steady stroke designed to cover the distance with a minimum of fatigue.

The sun is warm on his back, the sea cool as it flows around him, and the Tiefling thoroughly enjoys the change of pace. As he gets into the swim, muscles cramped from long days of work and nights spent crammed into a ship's berth stretch and warm up, and he moves even more easily.

By the time the small group reaches the reef, Kolto's spirits are higher than they've been since the day he was press-ganged to the service of the Wormwood and her nefarious captain and crew.

[sblock=Stat Block]
KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
NN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Lightning enjoys the long, calm swim, pondering mostly how Besmara plans on punishing the fools that have claimed the Wormwood as their's to command. Who in there right mind would send a bunch of human pirate "recruits" to swim six miles one way? Not everyone was born to water like he was; surely the captain and his mate were clearly mad. Still, for his own part, he was perfectly happy being back in his element, and reaches the reefs with complete ease, and confidence in both the group's success and the captain's eventual demise.

ghostcat

First Post
Kalir's heart misses a beat when he hears the word "swim". He realises that he was being optimistic when he thought they would be given a boat.

Although Kalir can swim, he is not very good and it is not an activity he enjoys. Still now that he has his equipment back he is not risking loosing it again, so decides to keep it with him. With a stroke half way between a doggy paddle and a crawl, which involved a lot of splashing and not much forward motion, Kalir eventually reaches the reef.

Shayuri

First Post
Tara is no stranger to the water, though the open ocean is rougher than what she's used to. She has some skill, but lacks the conditioning and physical hardiness to use it for very long. More than once she has to pause and rest a bit before swimming on, though she manages not to fall behind in the relatively calm seas they enjoy for the moment.

"So," she says once they arrive. "Has anyone else here caught crabs before? Any tips? I have this feeling the weather's going to turn, or that this reef is a dangerous place to be for some reason."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The swim is peaceful and serene. It takes you some time to find a spot that you can wade in shin deep, but once there you can catch your collective breathes.

"Well to get this done we will need some spotters and some divers." Sandara says ringing out the front of her shirt. "When a spotter sees a crab he should direct the diver to the area and then they can go down looking for the crab. Then..."

Suddenly Kalir points out into the water. "I think I found something a bit more interesting than crabs. Look!"

[sblock=Taking a look under the water]
coral_reef_2_by_indigodeep.jpg
[/sblock]

OOC: Crab hunt or treasure hunt? Which will it be?

Kaodi

Hero
"Well," says Nightstorm, crossing his arms, "I cannot say it is not tempting to take a look at the sunken ship. But it might be wiser to do what we came here for, crabbing, and then try to convince Mr. Plugg to ask the Captain for the time we need to explore it properly."

"In any case," he continues, "If we do choose crabbing, obviously it is going to be Blue, Red, and myself here doing the diving. If the rest of you want to explore though, I will risk my hide for that. Not like I would be able to catch enough crabs by myself anyway."

Shayuri

First Post
"Maybe we can do both," Tara suggests. "I won't be much good for long dives, but I brought a few things that might help...and I have some magic. I can call creatures of the sea and command them."

Her cheeks color slightly at this admission, as it still sounds strange even in her own ears. She hurries on.

"When a spotter spies crabs then, I can direct a creature to get it. The only limitation is that they don't stay long...and I can't do it very often. But if a spotter were to find several crabs, we could use my creatures to bolster our numbers and make up for the ones looking for treasure."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Pleasant as the swim was to get here, I don't relish a six mile swim to the nearest civilization if we miss the boat. I say we take our quota of crabs, then if there's time left we go exploring."

With a longing look in the direction of the sunken ship and a wistful thought of the knowledge that might lay in wait upon it, Kolto puts his face to the water and begins looking for crabs.

[sblock=Actions]I'm guessing a Perception Check is in order? Perception (1d20+0=10), Swim Check (1d20+6=22)[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
NN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Let us do the crabbing first. That way, one way or another, we have supper. If we get done with that soon enough, and the weather seems to be holding, we can explore the ship. Save for magic for trouble, madam. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to." Lightning readies his pot, and starts to look for crab.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: NP - A crabbing we will go.

Kolto and Lightning quickly spot some crabs as they treed water above the reef. They both break the surface going after the crawling creatures.

[sblock=OOC] For crabbing you need to make a DC 10 Perception or Survival check followed by a DC 10 Swim check. This means that's an auto catch for Lightning.

4 crabs fill a pot, but please roll in groups of two and then let me advance the thread

Good Hunting[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases