HM's Skull & Shackles AP

Shayuri

First Post
Noticing Tara with concern Bella whispers "still thinking about the evenin's entertainment? Don't let them see your weakness."

[sblock=Shayuri] You baely made your fort save.[/sblock]

Tara nods, looking a little green in the gills, but manages to put a good face on it. She takes the opportunity to get to know another 'crewmate' as well when she trusts herself to speak.

"I'm Tara," she says quietly. "They take you too, or did you volunteer?"

rangerjohn

Explorer
Bella moves Tara's hand to the goose egg at the base of her skull and lets her draw her own conclusions. "Oh the crew is oh so welcoming, are they not? I wasn't just playing hard to get, when I went for my swim."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
After dinner and their rum rations everyone feels slightly tired. The warm liquid not only makes everyone a bit friendlier but also effects them physically.

[sblock=Rum rations]
Aboard many ships, half a pint of rum is distributed to each crew member at dusk. The rum is staggeringly strong, and is often watered down to make grog. Characters drinking the ration are affected as though they had taken an addictive drug (see page 236 of the GameMastery Guide for details on drugs and addiction). The rum ration is doled out more to keep the crew sated and docile than for recreation. The penalty for selling or spilling the ration is six lashes, or six lashes from a cat-o’-nine-tails for a second offense. Deliberately tipping away rum on board a crowded ship without being seen requires a DC 10 Stealth check. While on merchant or navy vessels rum rations are strictly limited, on pirate ships, crew members can often request more rum if they please.

Shackles Rum Ration
Type ingested; Addiction minor, Fortitude DC 5
Price; 2 sp
Effect variable; +1d4 alchemical bonus to Charisma and fatigued for 1d8 hours
Damage; 1d3 Con[/sblock]

The crew start to talking and Tara takes the opportunity to see if she can win over a few more of the crew. While she doesn't alienate anyone they crew give out cat calls for a bawdier song or heckle at her to dance.

She is saved by Kalir who comes in, and standing on a barrel, tells them of Captain Rorenet and his lost plunder. He mentions that "The Buzzard's Bounty" is just north of their current location, and waiting to be found. Talk of gold and booty always wins a crowd of cut-throats, so the story goes over very well.

Cogward proves a stubborn unfriendly sort who only grunts at Lightning's comments. While Tilly proves indifferent acting like she prefers her rum as a companion than other crew-mates.

The remained of the night goes by mostly uneventful and soon it is time for everyone to rest for the day to come.

[sblock=Sandra to Bella]
"Wrong place at the right time I guess," Sandra laughs. "Looks like My Queen answered my prayers just not like I thought she would. I am out to sea even if it is on another's boat. I'll keep to the code and my day will come Besmara willing."

Carve your name on the ever-changing sea with a saber of terror and triumph. Fight for plunder, fame, and glory, and earn your place among the legends of the sea. -Besmara's code [/sblock]

[sblock=Kalir] Currently heading north up Jeopardy Bay. Going to add map to RG soon.[/sblock]

[sblock=Nightstorm] Your assumption of her home town is correct and Samms and you talk a few hours of home. She tells you that life aboard the ship is not so bad if you don't stand out to much.

When you ask about fighting she looks about and in a hush voice she tells you that sometimes Mr. Plugg brings Owlbear Hartshorn up on deck to "spar" with crewmen he doesn't like. Owlbear isn't bright but he is strong and a good fighter.[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes] - If Sleep is one of your night actions you will not be able to take any others, sorry.

So for Kolto we will say he talked to Rosie but not enough to get a roll. You do learn that what she lost is with the quartermaster just like the rest of everyone else gear.

Night Actions:
Kolto - sleep
Nightstorm - influence (successful)
Lightning - influence (unsuccessful)
Bella - ?? sleep
Kalir - entertain (successful) +2 to all CHA checks for next 24 hours
Tara - entertain (unsuccessful, DC 20)
Reiko - sleep
Jaakali - influence Tilly (unsuccessful)

Bunks: Everyone gets a hammock and sea chest (small chest) with a poor lock (DC 15) located in the Lower hold/Crew berths. ([/sblock]

[sblock=Middle Hold]
This is the ship’s main cargo hold. The hold is mostly empty at the start of the adventure, save for the 14 pigs; normally kept caged, they periodically escape and run loose within the hold. In the forward section, a flight of wooden stairs climbs up to the officers’ quarters (area A4), while a second set of stairs descends into the lower hold (area A10). Owlbear Hartshorn is invariably chained to the foremast here to keep him from causing trouble and to keep people out of the officers’ cabin. Another flight of stairs in the aft section next to the galley leads up to the captain’s quarters (area A5), but it is common knowledge among the crew that the door is trapped. Stored near the mainmast are two light ballistas, a disassembled light catapult, and 12 barrels containing 20 gallons of oil each.

Note: Owlbear doesn't pay you much mind until you near the steps leading to the officers cabin. When you do he uses exasperated gestures to warn you away. Saying "No go! No go!" over and over.[/sblock]

Attachments

• The Buzzard's Bounty.jpg
    The Buzzard's Bounty.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Crimson Cogward.jpg
    Crimson Cogward.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Owlbear Hartshorn.jpg
    Owlbear Hartshorn.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 67

Fenris

Adventurer
Finding Tilly less than responsive after several tries to make conversation or a confidant, Jaakali heads to his bunk to sleep fairly early, he knew that he had another long day of scrubbing ahead. And perhaps another side trip to explore a bit.

ghostcat

First Post
Tired after all the unaccustomed work but with a slight buzz due to the rum and successful performance Kalir retires to is bunk and sleeps the sleep of the just.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Content to sit quietly and observe the rest of the crew, Lightning will wish Cogward a good night, go off to the side and meditate a bit, and turn in, keeping his few possessions on him despite the presence of the chest.

OOC: Updating spell selections in RG.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Day 2:

Rising before dawn your second day aboard The Wormwood, everyone is well rested from a good nights sleep. As you gather your belongings and prepare to make your way up on deck you notice that only a few of you are left in the crew hold.

And near the stairs is a gang of other sailors acting as if the mean to block your way. At the fore front is Areta Bansion, Fipps Chumlett, Jaundiced Jape, and Slippery Sy Lonegan.

The first gong of the bronze clock echoes throughout the hold and Fipps crosses his arms.

"In a hurry?" he asks not moving.

A half dozen other crewmen sit on the steps watching in anticipation.

[sblock=OOC]Not in combat (yet) but please try and keep your actions to those you can perform in a single round. Thanks.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nightstorm's expression remains impassive. He looks from one sailor to another, sizing them up, figuring which of them knows how to hold himself (or herself) in a fist fight. He readies himself to take down the first one coming his way.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases