HM's Skull & Shackles AP

Fenris

Adventurer
Jaakali worked over the last few days to haul up his treasures from the bilge. He found a out of the way beam were he was able to stash the items and remain fairly well hidden. Jaakali kept up his work in the rigging, hauling the mainsail. It was hard work, but he knew the work well, and the wind in his face and taste of salt were comforts to him.

[sblock=OOC]
Day5 rigger/sneak checking out the bilge again.

And fatigued for dinner

Took some liberty with hiding stuff, let me know if we need to modify that.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Grok is delighted to see Kolto the following day and says she has something special for him.

Although hard to see the blush on the Red-man he starts to raise a hand in refusal of what he thinks he's about to be offered and suddenly finds the hilt of his falcata once more in his grip.

The wooden handle curves around his dark red hand as if trying to caress it, while the weight of the blade causes his arm to tingle in remembered bliss. (descriptive enough for you)

Speechless, Kolto turns to Grok as he tries to find the words. She smiles at him as if she understands.

"Here is the rest of your things," she says with a gesture to the crossbow, bolts, and pack lying on a table."I heard about the fight you and the others got into. Let them know if they should want their items back they can come down to get them. Maybe then the others will leave them alone."

Her eyes look deep into Kolto's. "No one will bother you now, my Red-man."

[sblock=OOC]Well now. May be an on ship romance brewing that I didn't see coming. You beat that DC by 11 so helpful + is what I RP'ed.

So now everyone may get back their starting gear with a Diplomacy check DC 0 - (yes rangerjohn that was a wasted high roll, sorry.) and a ship action to Shop, normally day only but now Grok will let the PCs into the quartermasters area after she locks up.

You may also try the following actions with the quartermaster which also require the Shop ship action:
- loan of goods worth up to 150gp DC 11
- loan of equipment up to 300gp DC 21

Note the +4 was only to influence her and is now moot as she is helpful now.

So far only Kolto and Bella have gotten their starting gear back. And everyone will have to wait till after my special post before posting night ship actions.

Just need actions and checks from Insight and ghostcat. Will update FRI night regardless though.[/sblock]

[sblock=EDIT]Also everyone has a footlocker (with a poor lock DC 15) near their hammock. But Fenris you may hide things as it adds to the RP.[/sblock]

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Kalir keeps on with the seemingly never-ending task of swabbing the decks. Whenever possible he cheats and uses his Prestidigitation spell. At the same time he keeps skiving off and chatting to Tilly.

Unfortunately Kalir find talking to Tilly heavy going and falls behind with his swabbing. He ends up having to rush to catch up and exhausts himself.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
As the evening meal starts to wind down Mr. Plugg calls for silence as he takes and walks out to the center of the deck. With a nod to Master Scourge (who then heads below deck) he turns in a slow circle looking over everyone as they finish their meals.

"I think things have gotten a bit boring hereabouts," he shouts acting like some showman about to introduce his next act. "And I think I know just the thing to liven' up this old tub."

Most of the crew smile or rub their hands in anticipation, obviously knowing what is to come. And then Master Scourge comes back on deck with the simpleton Owlbear Hartshorn in tow, and a cheer erupts from half the watching men and women, followed by a chant of "Fight. Fight. Fight."

Mr. Plugg raising a hand to silence the crew once more, but by the huge grin on his face he is enjoying the spotlight. "Yes a fight, a match up if you will. But who to pit against the Owlbear? Who would stand a chance?"

Not waiting for volunteers Mr. Plugg moves quickly to stand before Nightstorm. "I've heard you've been wanting to test your skills since you got on board. And you watch the crew gamble almost every night, but don't seem to have anything to wager." His smile shows his nearly perfect white teeth. "Well tonight's your lucky night," he says pulling out a small sack of coins. "You get your fight and if you manage to beat Owlbear I'll throw in this purse." The sounds of coins clinking together comes from the burlap bag as he waits for an answer.

Nightstorm stands easily against the rail watching and listening in silence. When Mr. Plugg is done the ninja nods once in acceptance and the crowd roars it's approval. "We have a match the Owlbear versus the Sod-lander!" the first mate yells above the noise. "Bare-knuckled fists or wrestling only! No magic tricks and no help from your friends!"

Quickly the crew jostle for a good position to watch as they form a fighting circle around the two combatants. The Owlbear looks to have gotten his name from the recent tar and feathering that some cruel mischievous crewmen played on the man. Nightstorm wears a determined look as he watches and waits for some sort of signal to go. But nothing happens and the Owlbear gets the jump on the man.

The savage Owlbear let's out a huge demoralizing roar, that makes Nightstorm take a half a step back from the man. Nightstorm is somewhat taken aback by Owlbear's display. Having encountered the man chained up on his first day of work, he is suddenly not terribly confident about his chances against such a savage.

As such, when the ninja moves in for the attack, his roundhouse is misjudged and falls short as his opponent leans back slightly.

With his opponent within arms length the long armed Owlbear clasps his hands together and brings them up high above his opponent. Before the double axe chop comes down hard across Nightstorm's back, the ninja attempts to jam his fist into Owlbear's face, but he hardly has time to register his miss before being walloped.

The crowd roars again cheering as the opponents circle one another. Nightstorm notices that Owlbear keeps his head tilted to the left and only his right eye on him. As the combatants move back and forth Owlbear tries not to let Nightstorm over on his left side.

The ninja still shaken a bit finds it no surprise when his next attack is also completely ineffective, and easily blocked by his opponent. But as the return counterstrike comes the ninja prepares to duck and roll as he dives to the left, his fist connecting with the pirate's solid stomach as he moves by, knocking the wind out of Owlbear. He rolls out of the way of the oncoming haymaker, and the meaty fist sails over him. Quickly recovering and getting back on his feet, Nightstorm spins and slams his knee into Owlbear's side, dealing another solid blow, though the man seems he has a lot of fight left in him yet.

Owlbear staggers and looking a little fazed, by the repeated blows, attempts another punch at Nightstorm that misses completely, but still allows the ninja to counterstrike.

Nightstorm is not quite able to capitalize on the wounded Owlbear as he follows through with his swing. When he turns though he gives Owlbear a solid knock on the head, but it is not quite the blow it could have been.

The sailors gathered round urge on both combatants, some now even crying out for Nightstorm to win. But Mr. Plugg is not so sure, as he notices Nightstorm's advantage, and all the extra opportunities Owlbear has given the ninja to attack.

"Owlbear! Here!" he says sliding a club across the deck, trying to even the odds.

Owlbear steps back and picks up the club. He swings it around getting a feel for the weapon, and the sailors roar louder. Turning to face Nightstorm he holds the weapon up defensively across his chest to protect himself.

Nightstorm smiles wickedly. "I reckon you just as good as conceded this match," says the ninja, no longer feeling so cowed by the bigger, crazier man. "But we might as well give these folks the rest of their show."

Stepping forward, he pivots on one foot as the other rockets forth to slip past Owlbear's guard and give him a solid kick in the chest. All the while, Nightstorm watches for the moment he needs to dodge that piece of lumber.

But the kick sends Owlbear reeling into the crowd. They jostle and push on the big man to get back into the fight. Soon he is back standing beside the ready to fight Nightstorm.

Owlbear's eyes go wide and he looks afraid as he backs away from his opponent. His club is held at his side as he withdraws.

Nightstorm steps back into a fighting stance and readies himself for if Owlbear approaches again. "Looks like your man does not have his heart in it anymore," he says. "Were he in his right mind, I might take a certain amount of pleasure in that as I finished mopping the deck with him. But he isn't."

Owlbear's eyes go from terror to relief as the anticipated attack never comes. He gives Nightstorm a grin as he stands there.

Then Mr. Plugg steps up and slaps Owlbear in the back of the head. "Bouts over!" he says in disgust tossing the sack of coins to the ninja before stalking off to the officers cabin, dragging Owlbear behind him.

The crowd surges forward as the quick ninja scoops up the coins, but they only wish to pat the man on the back in congratulations.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Thanks but half of that came from Kaodi. We pm'ed the fight and I just put it altogether. I figured that was better than everyone standing around watching the Day 5 event,

With the fight over everyone can post their night ship action if they wish to take one.[/sblock]

ghostcat

First Post
Kalir waits until the rest of the crew has finished congratulating Nightstorm before going up to congratulate him himself "That was awesome. Mr Plugg won't try anything like that again. Still I feel he has it in for us newcomers and can't help be wonder what he will try next."

Kalir is feeling exhausted after a day of scrubbing and retires to his berth as soon as it is possible.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"No, he will up the ante," Bella replies. Probably, send his toadies against an individual, next time. If one of us wasn't in the kitchen, he would probably try to poison us. So everybody keep a sharp lookout, and try not to be alone. Why he doesn't want us here, when he brought us here, I don't know."

sunshadow21

Explorer
Lightning watches quietly, not terribly surprised at the blatant cheating on the part of the officer. "Tis certain he will try something. The hostility is strange. I don't expect them to treat new "recruits" with completely friendliness, but this is just bizarre." He spends the rest of the evening continuing to talk with Jack Scrimshaw.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kolto makes some minor adjustments to his gear, getting re-accustomed to the weight as he watches the fight with clinical detachment, analyzing each combatant's moves with a critical eye and refraining from any overt show of emotion even as his fellow press-gang member comes out the victor.

Once the fight's over, he resumes his assigned duties for the day and finishes out his work before going below for mess. He hits his rack immediately after mess, and dreams sweet dreams of his beloved falcata - and not so sweet dreams of the fabulous Grok - until he wakes in the morning.

[sblock=Stat Block]
KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
NN Medium Outsider (Native)
Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8)
Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 30 ft.
Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases