HM's Skull & Shackles AP - Page 24




What's on your mind?

  1. #231
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OOC: Advancing...

    As the day after the storm ends most of the crew turns in almost right after dinner. Most look to be ready for sleep on the deck but mange to drag themselves below.

    This melancholy state last through the next day aboard and into the night. With the dark clouds moving on, so too does the crews darker moods at having to work for nearly a day straight - in a thunderstorm - and things seem back to normal.

    But life abroad can get very dull when all you do is work and sleep, and soon the crew is hoisting the mainsail and singing as they work.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNhuaDm41w&feature=related]Treasure Island 2012 Sail song - YouTube[/ame]

    So after dinner moods are a little better and a game of "Hog Toss" starts up. But it doesn't last very long as yawns take way of wagers and soon the ship is quiet and settled once more.

    OOC
    Day 10 = no job rolls required but no ship actions allowed as well as everyone recuperates from the 24 + hours of work.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

 

  • #232
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    OOC: Day 11 - Ten days till Level Up

    The brass clock tones another work day and the crew all make their way to the deck of The Wormwood.

    Master Scourge starts barking out work details in his loud raspy voices, and as usual when he's done he cracks his whip overhead to get people moving.

    *crack* *crack*

    "What's this Sandara not wanting to work today?"
    he asks as the woman stands near the rail.

    "I'll do my part just fine, Scourge. But you assigned me or none of these others anything to do, you oaf." the pirate snaps back.

    Scourge gets a look of shock across his face as he notices a small group (Kalir, Kolto, Lightning, Nightstorm, and Tara) standing around also with nothing assigned for them to do.

    "That's because you have a more important assignment today," Mr. Plugg says from behind the boatswain. "That will be all." he says to Master Scourge, who then takes his leave.

    "You all are to go crabbing today." The first-mate says with an evil grin. "The captain is tired of fish and chicken and wants something special tonight. So head below gather some pots from Fishguts and report back here within the hour."

    He turns away from the group and starts to walk away. Then he stops and turns as if remembering something. "Don't be late or you may find your swim a lot longer than you would like."

    "Aye, aye! Mr. Plugg!" Sandara says with a mock salute.

    OOC
    Gather your gear by listing it back onto your character sheet. Anything not listed will be assumed to be left behind.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #233
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    sunshadow21's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,706

    Ignore sunshadow21
    My communities:

    Lightning suppresses a smile at Scourge's discomfort as he heads down to pick up his gear. Taking his time, mostly to annoy the first mate, he reports back exactly one hour later.

    ooc
    Gear is ready. He doesn't need any of the gear he found before, but he will share it with anyone else who wants it: hand axe, short sword, 2 waterskins, harpoon, grapple

  • #234
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fuerteventura
    Posts
    2,609

    Ignore ghostcat
    My communities:

    Kalir is relieved that he has a day off from the backbreaking work of swabbing the decks. Even though he is not quite sure what crabbing involves. He suspects that it may involve boats and knowing Mr Plugg, it won't be pleasant.

    Kalir goes off to collect his gear and a pot from Fishguts and stays chatting with anyone who's around for as long as he dares. Getting back just within the allotted hour.

  • #235
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,439
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Nightstorm is not sure how thrilled he is by this latest task, but at least it will be a change from the usually boring tasks. Already in possession of all his gear, he just needs to collect his "tools" for crabbing from Fishguts. Once he has that, he makes his way back up onto the deck to just watch the water as they sail, and maybe do a few exercises while they wait for crabbing to begin.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • #236
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    3,327

    Ignore rangerjohn
    My communities:

    OOC: Was Bella deliberately left out of the crabbing trip?
    rangerjohn

  • #237
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Shayuri's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Minnapolis, MN
    Posts
    16,748
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore Shayuri
    My communities:

    Crabbing, thinks Tara, this isn't going to end well.

    Precautions. What would go wrong? What would kill you in the sea?

    Air, obviously. Air. All right what else? Temperature. Tara nodded...she was actually ready for that one. Something she'd been saving for the winter...but it might come in handy now. Then what? Well, sharks, of course. Her spear would be better than her dagger underwater, but by no means was she very good with it. But since she wouldn't have much ability to cast spells underwater...

    She hurried to her lockbox to retrieve a few of the things that had been returned to her since the quartermaster had taken a shine to the new 'recruits.' Then to the kitchen to ask if there was a bit of cork she could have. The question earned her a funny look, but cork from the stoppers of the previous night's rum wasn't hard to get. A bit smelly, but it would do.

    Tara emptied out her waterskin then, over the rail, and blew air into it until it was taut...then quickly jammed the cork over the nozzle. Hard, hollow bone bit into the soft corkwood and kept the air from leaving. Of course, if they had to go too deep, the pressure would force the cork right off, but it was better than nothing.

    She felt in her pouch and blew out a relieved sigh. The smooth obsidian oval was still there; about the size of an egg. She didn't know what alchemy was contained inside, but she'd seen how heatstones worked. They could save lives during snowstorms...though one would only work for a day or so. She'd carried it knowing that she'd probably still be staying in a cheap inn room when winter came. Most importantly, they burned without fire, or any need for air. There was no reason she could think of why one wouldn't work underwater.

    And of course, her sunrods. Another emergency expense, but if this wasn't an emergency what was? It'd be dark down there.

    It was the best she could do. For now at least.

    Tara hurried back to meet the others in time.

  • #238
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,272

    Ignore Mowgli
    My communities:

    Kolto has little to say, and few preparations to make. He gathers with the others at the appointed time.
    _______________


    Stat Block

    KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
    Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
    NN Medium Outsider (Native)
    Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
    --------------------
    DEFENSE
    --------------------
    AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
    hp 9 (1d8)
    Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
    --------------------
    OFFENSE
    --------------------
    Spd 30 ft.
    Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
    . . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
    Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
    1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
    0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
    --------------------
    STATISTICS
    --------------------
    Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
    Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
    Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
    Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
    Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
    SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
    Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
    --------------------
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    --------------------
    Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
    Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
    Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
    Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
    Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
    Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
    Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
    Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
    Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

    Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

    Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
    Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

    Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
    Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #239
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362

    Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    After the hour is nearly up a call comes from the lookout nest.

    "Land-ho! Two leagues northeast!"

    Mr. Plugg acknowledges the call and then casts about looking for the group of crabbers. Once he spots the group he moves down from the poop deck as the ship turns towards the island.

    "Ready then," he says with an obviously uncaring if you are or not attitude. "When we near the reef yonder we will drop anchor so we can do some underbelly work. You'll need to swim out," he continues pointing out to the reef. "Fill your pots and then swim back. If your not here two hours before dark, then you should try the six mile swim to Motaku. It will be closer."

    He turns away from the group and yells for the sea anchor to be dropped.

    OOC

    Yes she was, sorry rangerjohn you weren't about so Bella got left behind. I'll post something for Bella to do if you wish.

    Reef is 200' away from the ship and the sea is calm so I'll forgo all the DC 10 swim checks to get to it. But you should describe your characters little journey to the coral reef please.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #240
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Napanee, Ontario
    Posts
    5,439
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore Kaodi
    Nightstorm checks over his gear to make sure he is ready for whatever may come. A six mile swim would be tough, damn tough, but if it comes to that he might as well not leave anything behind. He places anything that might be damaged in the watertight bag in his pack, then gathers up his pots and pans to go.

    Once everything is secured, the ninja moves to the side of the ship, and hops over the rail. He looks around at the water for signs of danger, and then dives right in, making a good splash. Once he under, Nightstorm quickly rights himself and propels himself upwards to the surface with his legs. He breaks the surface, and then takes a deep breath.

    Adopting a forward stroke to conserve energy, Nightstorm makes his way towards the reef. While it has been a while since he has had a chance to swim, being on the ship and all, he does not have any problems and is able to cross the distance quickly and confidently. On the way he keeps his eyes peeled, but all he sees is colourful tropical fish of several sorts, and some underwater plants. Which is just fine with him. With the predators back on the ship, the last thing he needs is some in the water as well.
    -Kaodi

    Good name in man and woman, dear my lord,
    Is the immediate jewel of their souls.
    Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;
    'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;
    But he that filches from me my good name
    Robs me of that which not enriches him
    And makes me poor indeed.

    -Iago, Shakespeare's Othello, Act III. Scene III. Lines 180-186.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Skull and Shackles
      By sheadunne in forum Pathfinder RPG
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: Wednesday, 27th March, 2013, 09:04 PM
    2. Skull & Shackles AP
      By JediSoth in forum Pathfinder RPG
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: Saturday, 12th January, 2013, 10:38 PM
    3. HM's Skull & Shackles AP-OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 258
      Last Post: Wednesday, 19th December, 2012, 02:24 PM
    4. Skull & Shackles Player's Guide out
      By Wycen in forum Older D&D Editions and OSR Gaming
      Replies: 10
      Last Post: Friday, 13th April, 2012, 11:59 AM
    5. Skull & Shackles (gestalt game) - OOC
      By HolyMan in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: Wednesday, 21st September, 2011, 09:31 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •