HM's Skull & Shackles AP

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Do to poor map of this battle and you not knowing Tara couldn't reach combatI'll let you keep your rolls so 5 dmg to the creature.

The creature gos into a frenzy of attacks as it seems to dislike the fact it is outnumbered. One of it's wild claws clips Kolto with a barbed end.

[sblock=Combat]
Round 4:
monsterB depth 15' AC 14 HP 13/13 attack, hit dmg=4
Kolto -depth 10' HB 13/20 HP:08/09 (saved vs poison already); attack miss
Sandara depth 5' HB 18/20 - grab Lightning, swim
Lightning depth 5' HB 18/24 poisoned STR dmg1 HP -1/09 stabilized
Tara depth 5' HB 23/24 move, attack hit(dmg=5)
Nightstorm depth 15' HB21/24 poisoned STR dmg2 HP - 06/10; attack miiss
Kalir depth 0' HB24/24 reloads [/sblock]

[sblock=Combat]
Round 5:
monsterB depth 15' AC 14 HP 08/13 attack Kolto hit (dmg=1)
Kolto -depth 10' HB 11/20 HP:07/09 (saved vs poison already)
Sandara depth 0' HB 20/20 - casts cure light wounds
Lightning depth 0' HB 24/24 poisoned STR dmg1 HP 05/09
Tara depth 10' HB 21/24
Nightstorm depth 15' HB19/24 poisoned STR dmg2 HP - 06/10
Kalir depth 0' HB24/24[/sblock]

OOC: Everyone is up Round 5. In melee right now are Nightstorm, Tara, and Kolto

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nightstorm once again tries to drive the point of his sword in between the chitinous plates of the reefclaw, but he flounders in the water and it prevents him from driving the tip home.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Lightning swims down to the fray below, stopping by Nightstorm, and laying a hand on the struggling swimmer. "Perhaps this might help," as an aura of energy spreads from his hand through the human ninja, giving the man a slight boost of inspiration.

ooc: Casting Guidance on Nightstorm with the ring of allies between him and the creature.

ghostcat

First Post
Kalir paces up and down the reef looking for a shot at the crab. However, his companions have got it surrounded and he can't get his shot off without risking hitting one of the good guys.

[sblock=Action]Attempt to fire crossbow without firing into melee.[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kolto continues to maneuver gracefully in the salty water, looking for a good opening. This time, he manages to drive home a solid blow.

[sblock=Actions]
  • Standard: Cestus (1d20+3=20) for Damage (1d4+3=7).[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
    KOLTO TENGERE CR 1/2
    Male Tiefling Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) 1
    NN Medium Outsider (Native)
    Init +2; Senses Darkvision; Perception +0
    --------------------
    DEFENSE
    --------------------
    AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10. . (+2 Dex)
    hp 9 (1d8)
    Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2
    Defensive Abilities Canny Defense +1; Resist cold 5, electricity 5, fire 5
    --------------------
    OFFENSE
    --------------------
    Spd 30 ft.
    Melee Cestus +2 (1d4+2/19-20/x2) and
    . . Unarmed Strike +2 (1d3+2/20/x2)
    Magus (Bladebound, Kensai) Spells Known (CL 1, 2 melee touch, 2 ranged touch):
    1 (2/day) Shield (DC 16), Feather Fall (DC 16)
    0 (at will) Acid Splash, Ray of Frost
    --------------------
    STATISTICS
    --------------------
    Str 14, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 20, Wis 10, Cha 10
    Base Atk +0; CMB +2; CMD 14
    Feats Fiendish Heritage, Weapon Focus: Falcata
    Traits Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands), Ancient Explorer: Knowledge (Local)
    Skills Bluff +2, Climb +6, Knowledge (Arcana) +9, Knowledge (Local) +10, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Profession (Sailor) +4, Spellcraft +9, Stealth +4, Swim +6
    Languages Abyssal, Common, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Infernal, Polyglot
    SQ Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su), Chosen Weapon: Falcata, Spell Combat (Ex)
    Combat Gear Cestus; Other Gear Travelling Spellbook (blank)
    --------------------
    SPECIAL ABILITIES
    --------------------
    Abendego Spellpiercer (Sodden Lands) +2 to Concentration checks
    Arcane Pool (+1) (6/day) (Su) Infuse own power into a held weapon, granting enhancement bonus or selected item powers.
    Canny Defense +1 (Ex) +INT bonus to AC (max Duelist level).
    Chosen Weapon: Falcata Kensai abilities only function when wielding a weapon of this type.
    Damage Resistance, Cold (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Cold attacks.
    Damage Resistance, Electricity (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Electricity attacks.
    Damage Resistance, Fire (5) You have the specified Damage Resistance against Fire attacks.
    Darkvision (60 feet) You can see in the dark (black and white vision only).
    Fiendish Heritage You possess a strong tie to your fiendish ancestors, granting you favorable abilities.

Prerequisite: Tiefling, must be taken at 1st level.

Benefit: Your fiendish bloodline proves particularly strong, being tied to a specific race
    Spell Combat (Ex) Use a weapon with one hand at -2 and cast a spell with the other.

Hero Lab® and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at Lone Wolf Development
    Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC®, and are used under license.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Water churns and froths around Tara's hands as she grits her teeth and maintains the strange, unsettling power that she has in them. She pauses for a moment, waiting for an opening, then darts forward...reaching out to slap her palm against cold scaly skin!

(Dehydrating touch thingus again!)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Combat Over - and everyone's alive. :)

Kolto finds a soft spot as Tara moves in with her lethal touch. But the death of the creature isn't the end of it's body spasms before falling still and starting to float to the ocean's surface. As it thrashes about, one of it's barbs from a claw buries itself deep into the leg of Nightstorm.(HP:02/10)

OOC: Rolling what I forgot with the first creature.

As the group gathers in the knee deep water once more Sandara looks over at the two floating bodies. "You know Mr. Plugg said the captain wanted something other than chicken and fish to eat. What do you think?"

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nightstorm swims back to the shallowest part of the reef so that he can get a good look at the damage. "Close enough," he says through gritted teeth as he tries to extricate the barb from his leg.

"Whatever we are doing, we better do it quick. I do not fancy just waiting around and bleeding all over. That is just an invitation to any passing shark," says the ninja. "But seeing as we have dealt with these two creatures, maybe our sea-blessed friend Lightning here can drag Kalir along and they can take a quick look inside that ship. I cannot imagine those things would have permitted anything else to live amongst them."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I think seeing their faces when they ask what we brought them would be priceless. I can provide myself and one other person with a very short bubble of air to explore the ship, but it'll only last a minute, so I would suggest someone strong who can carry a fair bit."

Kaodi

Hero
"Kolto is probably your best bet then," says Nightstorm, gesturing towards the red sorcerer. "I was thinking of volunteering for the trip myself before we were attacked, but that beast got me pretty good. And I think they had some sort of poison too, because I am not feeling my best."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases