HM's Skull & Shackles AP

Kaodi

Hero
Now that he has caught up to the bulk of the climbers, Nightstorm decides to just keep going at a steady pace. He says a short prayer to Besmara under his breath as he hauls himself higher.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Kolto's awareness encompasses the whole of his surroundings, taking in the sway of the ship and the feel of the rigging in his hands and under his feet; he's tuned out the cheers and jeers of the crew and the efforts of his competitors. There's nothing but the pull and push, him and the ship. He fairly shoots up the rigging.

Accelerated Climb (1d20+6=20)

ghostcat

First Post
Kalir continues to ignore everything going on round him and keeps concentrating on his climbing. He continues to make steady progress.

rangerjohn

Explorer
"As always I am in your arms my queen", Bella says under her breath. Before she falls back to the deck. She then looks to the waves with a cross expression.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
A wind comes up, shaking the ropes as Tara tries to climb. For a moment she loses her balance, teetering over the deck with only one hand anchored and her body starting to pitch backwards. With a desperate lunge she manages to grab the ropes again and clutch them closer, sparing herself a fall...though it's cost her time.

rangerjohn

Explorer
Bella looks to the first mate, "I concede, I am a surgeon not a rig monkey. As you would know if you bothered to look!" She says baring her arm. "Now do you need me for your crew or not.

Fenris

Adventurer
Jaakali continues his steady pace up the ropes. He is certainly not in the lead, but has not made any mistakes either.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Reiko ignores the harsh words and sneer of the boatswain and quickly tries to reach the others. The boatswain cracks his whip near her...

*crack*

"Give over, the Red Monkey-Man is near the top already. And saves us the trouble of waiting for you to climb down."

He ignores Bella's outburst letting Mr. Plugg (the first mate) have a go. "You will do what we tell you to do or you will spend a few hours in the sweatbox. After that you'll beg us to let you clean out the bilge with a wine cup. We give the orders here. And I say who does what. The mark of The Pirate Queen is only good so long as your a good pirate, and you aren't that yet!"

The crew cheer on the racers as Kolto pulls ahead. The ship loud with bets being placed as whether or not the reckless climber will fall, and if he does will he survive it.

[sblock=Race Rules]
Race is a bunch of climb checks. For everyone but Kalir it will take 8 DC 10 climb checks to get to the top. For Kalir it takes 12 DC 10 climb checks.

Anyone may opt to try an accelerated climb and raise their DC to 15. If you do and succeeded I will subtract an additional check from those you need to make.

Everyone needs to roll one check at a time and I will post whose in the lead and such after each round.

NOTE:
- fail by 4 or less = no progress (please post some fluff accordingly)
- fail by 5 or more = you fall - will see about catching yourself depending on where you are.[/sblock]
[sblock=Race crunch]
Code:
[B]RACE:
[/B][COLOR=Yellow]Character       Ft UP    Checks left[/COLOR]
Kolto            45'         2
Lightning      22.5'         5
Jaakali        22.5'         5
Nightstorm     22.5'         5
Tara             15'         6
Kalir            10'         10 - guidance 8 rounds remaining
Bella            [COLOR=Red][B]OUT[/B][/COLOR]         8
Reiko            [COLOR=Red][B]OUT[/B][/COLOR]         8 - HP 6/8
[/sblock]

OCC: Round 4 everyone can go again

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Nightstorm keeps pulling himself up steadily. At this point, the only likely chance to win is if the man in the lead takes a tumble. He thinks it odd that the fellow has scrambled up so quickly with no care taken for safety. Either he must be foolhardy, or perhaps he has a trick up his sleave. But no matter...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases