Death's Domain [HM's 4e game] Recruiting - OOC

hafrogman

Adventurer
Ok, can someone explain what [W] is?
[W] is your weapon damage, whatever that is.

So a greatsword does 1d10 damage. If you have an 18 (+4) strength, then your attacks might look like this:

Reaping Strike 1[W]+Str = 1d10+4

Sure Strike 1[W] = 1d10. you loose your str to damage for the +2 to hit, but keep other bonuses (magic, etc.)

Steel Serpent Strike 2[W]+Str = 2d10+4, only the weapon gets to be rolled twice, your bonuses (str, magic, etc.) are only added once.

Walking Dad

First Post
Alright, if you still need a 5th player, you can have me. Are you use the optional racial ability bonuses? They are in the PHB1 errata.

I will play a dwarf melee ranger :D

Galim Grimaxe

[sblock=sheet]
Dwarf Ranger Level 1

Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision

AC 16 Fortitude 15 Reflex 12 Will 12
Initiative: +1 Speed: 5

Final
Str 18 Con 16 Dex 13 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 8

Bought
Str 16 Con 14 Dex 13 Int 10 Wis 14 Cha 8

Hit Points: 33 / 33 Bloodied: 16
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Healing Surge: 8 Surges per day: 9 / 9

Resist:
Saving Throw: +5 vs Poison.

Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1 (Minor Action)

Languages: Common, Dwarven.

Trained Skills: Athletics +8, Dungeoneering +9, Endurance +9, Heal +7, Perception +7.
Other Skills: Acrobatics 0, Arcana 0, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, History +0, Insight +2, Intimidate -1, Nature +2, Religion +0, Stealth 0, Streetwise -1, Thievery 0.

Feats: Toughness (ranger bonus), Armor Training.

Traits:
Stand Your Ground- You move 1 less square with Forced Movement, and get an Immediate Saving Throw to avoid being knocked Prone.
Prime Shot- +1 To Hit if closest to enemy with Ranged attack.

[sblock=Powers]
At-Will Powers: Standard Actions.
Melee Basic Attack (Battleaxe): +6 vs AC 1d10+4 damage.
Ranged Basic Attack (Throwing Hammer): +6 vs AC 1d6+4 damage.
Careful Atack (Battleaxe): +8 vs AC 1d10+4 damage
Twin Strike (Battleaxe & Battleaxe) +6 vs AC 1d10 damage & +6 vs AC 1d10 damage.

At-Will Powers: Minor Actions.
Hunter's Quarry: You designate the nearest enemy as your Quarry and deal an extra 1d6 damage against the creature. The Quarry remains active until the creature is killed or you designate a different enemy as Quarry. Minor Action.

Encounter Powers:
Fox's Cunning
Immediate Reaction Melee or Ranged weapon
Trigger: An enemy makes a melee attack against you
Attack: You can shift 1 square, then make a basic attack against the enemy.
Special: Gain a +2 power bonus to your basic attack roll.
Second Wind: Healing Surge & +2 to all Defences until end of next turn. Minor Action.

Daily Powers: Standard Actions.
Sudden Strike (Battlexe & Battleaxe): +6 vs AC 1d10 damage. Regardless of hit or not Shift 1 square and make a secondary attack against the same target. +6 vs AC 2d10+4 damage, and the target is Weakened until the end of your next Round.[/sblock]

Equipment: 2x Battleaxes, throwing hammer, chainmail armor, and adventurer's kit

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Galim Lowhill was the son of simple dwarf merchants. They were respected for their knowledge of the surface world and their insight in the other races.
This insight wasn't og big use when their small caravan was attacked by a savage band of goblinoids. Only two dwarfs survived the attack, one was Galim, the other an elderly woman who served as a cook.

Galim was lucky enough to be 'adopted' by his Uncle Urtrag 'Mas Eyes' Grimaxe, a fierce fighter and master in the use of two hammers.

Galim embraced the teachings and adapted them to his own two-axes style (the axes were a gift by his uncle).

Not of a highborn family, with no more possessions than his trusted axes and a ragged chainmail armor, Galim is still more than happy to fight all enemies of the dwarf race, particularly goblinoids.

Life is hard and expansive, Galim took an adventurer job that brought him and two others to Winterhaven looking for Douven Staul. His wife has not received word from him in over a month.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Welcome aboard WD... I'll look for the errata you talked about. If it's PHB 1 then it should be in I guess. Found a pdf of all of it - so Magic Missile is no longer 2d4+INT wheww... that's good.

I don't see anything about traits. Please explain.

Also was wondering about backgrounds and if I could call upon a few of you to add the following in whatever you might have.

A- Fenris, Disposable Hero, and now WD: I wish for all of you to be traveling companions that have arrived at Winterhaven looking for Douven Staul (Missing Mentor hook). His wife has not received word from him in over a month and that is not like him as his letters normally serve as a journal (so he doesn't have to write things out twice).

B- Shayuri: Will be new to Winterhaven having traveled with a caravan South to learn more about the old Nerath human empire. Specifically a place known in the histories as Shadowfell Keep (a place where a great evil was destroyed) that fell to ruin hundreds of years ago. Maybe you work for a great library and are out to collect storys/map the region etc. The Ruins of an Empire hook.

C- hafrogman: Gets the Ominous Signs hook Your character has found a dying cleric on her way to Winterhaven, a surprise attack by kobolds mortally wounded the priestess. Before her death she tells you she was seeking after news of a death cult near Winterhaven and mentions one name with her dying breath... Kalarel.

Please let me know if all of the above is ok you may swap change just about everything but the names, LoL.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
All races (but humans) have now a fixed bonus to one ability (Con in the case of dwarfs) and another they can choose from between two other abilities (Wis or Str in the case of dwarfs).

Sorry, the traits are just racial/class abilities/features not already included in the other stats. Just the normal stuff for a dwarf/ranger.

---

I'm alright with hook A or C. Just keep me in A.

oh, and my characters name will be Galim Grimaxe.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I see those now.

If all the other non-humans (which is just about everyone) is up for it than I will allow it.

And I like Heroic Effort (Human ability swap for additional at-will power). Fenris might want to look into that as well.

HM

Disposable Hero

First Post
I'm fine with any hook you got cooked up.

[sblock=Summary]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Jotrek Quickblade, level 1
Halfling, Rogue (Scoundrel)
Build: Trickster Rogue
Rogue Tactics Option: Artful Dodger
Rogue Option: Scoundrel Weapon Talent
Inherent Bonuses

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 12, DEX 20, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 14

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 10, CON 12, DEX 18, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 12

AC: 17 Fort: 11 Ref: 17 Will: 12
HP: 24 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +12, Bluff +7, Insight +6, Intimidate +7, Stealth +10, Thievery +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Arcana –1, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +1, Endurance +1, Heal +1, History –1, Nature +1, Perception +1, Religion –1, Streetwise +2

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Halfling Racial Power: Second Chance
Rogue Attack 1: Sly Flourish
Rogue Attack 1: Deft Strike
Rogue Attack 1: Dazing Strike
Rogue Attack 1: Easy Target

FEATS
Level 1: Backstabber

ITEMS
Leather Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Dagger x2
====== End ======[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
C- hafrogman: Gets the Ominous Signs hook Your character has found a dying cleric on her way to Winterhaven, a surprise attack by kobolds mortally wounded the priestess. Before her death she tells you she was seeking after news of a death cult near Winterhaven and mentions one name with her dying breath... Kalarel.
I worked it into my background, seemed to fit pretty well.

Shayuri

First Post
Getting an idea for an ice-based mage...an eladrin of the Court of Winter...

Not JUST ice powers of course, but that's an ongoing theme with her. I'll have the final crunch out tonight!

The suggested background addition works fine! I may embellish it a bit here and there, with your permission, but the basics of the pursuit will work perfectly.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have gone over a couple characters, but Disposable Hero I have no idea what some of the things are you sheet are for.

Rogue Tactics Option: Artful Dodger
Rogue Option: Scoundrel Weapon Talent

Are these just fluff things? Please let me know.

Character Checks...

WD-
* I don't see waraxe as a weapon? the d12 makes me think you mean greataxe? But then they wouldn't be allowed for the twin strike.
* Why not take a couple throwing hammers for range weapons, in case you can't get close enough or to throw as you close in. They would be +6 vs AC 1d6+6 damage (not bad better than a dagger)
* I am ok with the chainmail fluff. And taking the feat prof(chain) sounds a good idea since he will be mostly in melee.
* Equipment not listed - Guessing weapons, armor, and adventurer's kit

hafrogman-
* Only thing I can't find is your two 1st lvl rituals
* Why all the leftover gold saving for something I should know about? ;)

Fenris-
* All lvl modifiers (AC, saves, etc. do not apply till you reach an even level)
* Fighter weapon talent gives you a +1 to attack rolls not to damage
* don't see sweeping strike - Do you mean Spinning Sweep?
* Thanks for not listing all your numbers gave me a chance to try it once more. Please check over everything I updated below.
[sblock=Character]
human fighter level 1
Perception: 11, Insight: 11
Initative: +1 Speed: 5

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 12, Cha 8.

HP: 29
Bloodied: 14
Surges: 11
Surge Value: 7

AC: 17 = (10 + 0 lvl + 7 Armor )
Fort: 17 = (10 + 0 lvl + 4 Str + 2 class + 1 race)
Reflex: 13 = (10 + 0 lvl + 2 Dex + 0 class + 1 race)
Will: 12 = (10 + 0 lvl + 1 Wis + 0 class + 1 race)

Attacks:
basic Melee(greatsword): = +8 ( +0 lvl + 4 Str + 1 Class + 3 Prof + Feat) Damage: = (1d10 + 4 Abil + Feat + Misc)
basic Melee(greatsword, power attack): = +6 ( +0 lvl + 4 Str + 1 Class + 3 Prof - 2 Feat) Damage: = (1d10 + 4 Abil + 3 Feat + Misc)
basic Ranged(none): = +2 ( +0 lvl + 2 Dex + Class + Prof + Feat) Damage: = (XdX + Abil + Feat + Misc)

Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Hide, Chainmail, Scale, Light Shield, Heavy Shield

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Melee, Military Melee, Simple Ranged, Military Ranged

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Endurance +7, Heal +6, Streetwise +4

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Dungeoneering +1, Perception +1, Acrobatics +2, Arcana +0, Bluff -1, Diplomacy -1, History +0, Insight +1, Intimidate -1, Nature +1, Religion +0, Stealth +2, Thievery +2.

Class Features:
Combat Challenge
Combat Superiority: +1 to attacks of Opportunity
Fighter Weapon Talent: +1 attack rolls with two handed weapons

FEATS
Race: Action Surge
Level 1: Power Attack

POWERS
Fighter at-will 1: Cleave [+8 vs AC, 1d10+4 (adjacent enemy 4 dmg)]
Fighter at-will 2: Reaping strike +8 vs AC, 1d10+4 (miss 4 dmg)]
Fighter at-will 3: Sure Strike [+10 vs AC, 1d10]
Fighter Encounter 1: Sweeping strike Spinning Sweep [+8 vs AC, 1d10+4, target knocked prone]
Fighter Daily 1: Brute Strike [+8 vs AC, 3d10+4]

EQUIPMENT
scale armor, greatsword, adventurer's kit, 10gp[/sblock]

Will be starting after the weekend I'm sorry to say. Still reading up on NPCs, might be changing the dungeon map, and work is killer Thur-Sun

I'll try and post up an IC FRI just to let you RP amongst yourselves a couple days if I get the chance.

HM

Walking Dad

First Post
Oh, I see, the waraxe was introduced in the Adventurer's Vault (first item supplement - I will suggest it as the first additional book, lots of stuff for everyone :)). I thought it was in the PH. Will change the Waraxes to battleaxes and the weapon training to chainmail proficiency.

Edited my above post.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases