Death's Domain [HM's 4e game] Recruiting - OOC

drothgery

First Post
I'm hoping hafrogman and Fenris get to come back to play. Just wishful thinking for now.

HM
Hmm. First thought was a charisma-paladin, but that seems to rely a lot on Divine Power to do right. I wasn't entirely clear on whether you were allowing just races from PH2, or classes as well.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Actually I do have Divine Power from when I played a paladin. But the question is do you need to use it at 1st lvl or can you add the options later.

I would like for you to make the character using the PHB-1 for lvl 1 and then you can use either the PHB-2 (if needed) and Divine Power for lvl 2.

I know it's complicated just want to keep it even for those who have made characters before.

HM

drothgery

First Post
Actually I do have Divine Power from when I played a paladin. But the question is do you need to use it at 1st lvl or can you add the options later.
Hmm... if I retrain one of my at-wills to one from Divine Power at level 2, I should be pretty much okay; my level 1 encounter attack power won't be great, but I won't be a defender who can't make a melee basic attack with his primary stat.

Also, starting equipment? By the book a 2nd level character would start with level 3, level 2, and level 1 magic items and 360gp (value of a level 1 item), but I don't think you've picked up that much treasure yet.

drothgery

First Post
Well, here's a first cut at stats (PHB-only @ level 1, some powers and feats from Divine Power and PH2 at level 2, and one 1st-level at-will power retrained to something out of Divine Power at level 2). Idea would be a second son of a minor noble type; consigned to the church by family tradition and making the best of it.

[sblock=character sheet]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Alek, level 2
Human, Paladin
Build: Protecting Paladin
Human Power Selection Option: Heroic Effort

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 14, DEX 8, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 18

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 11, CON 14, DEX 8, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 16

AC: 21 Fort: 15 Ref: 16 Will: 17
HP: 35 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Diplomacy +10, Endurance +4, Heal +8, Insight +8, Religion +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics –4, Arcana +2, Athletics –3, Bluff +5, Dungeoneering +3, History +2, Intimidate +5, Nature +3, Perception +3, Stealth –4, Streetwise +5, Thievery –4

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Human Racial Power: Heroic Effort
Paladin Feature: Divine Mettle
Paladin Feature: Divine Strength
Paladin Feature: Divine Challenge
Paladin Feature: Lay on Hands
Paladin Attack 1: Enfeebling Strike
Paladin Attack 1: Shielding Smite
Paladin Attack 1: Radiant Delirium
Paladin Attack 1: Virtuous Strike
Paladin Utility 2: Bless Weapon

FEATS
Level 1: Action Surge
Level 1: Improved Initiative
Level 2: Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade)

ITEMS
Plate Armor x1
Adventurer's Kit
Longsword x1
Heavy Shield x1
Potion of Healing
====== End ======[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Great defender drothgery - Your ideal to make him a noble is good, he can be the son of Ernst Padraig the lord of Winterfell. When the group goes after the kobold's threatening the town I'm sure your father will ask that you be sent along to represent Winterfell.

We'll go on from there. If you want to RP while the group gathers themselves up and then heads back let me know I could arrange a few things (to help with the whole cult stuff) to give your character some extra motives.

HM

drothgery

First Post
Great defender drothgery - Your idea to make him a noble is good, he can be the son of Ernst Padraig the lord of Winterfell. When the group goes after the kobold's threatening the town I'm sure your father will ask that you be sent along to represent Winterfell.
That works for me. Do you want me to post him in the RG thread?

We'll go on from there. If you want to RP while the group gathers themselves up and then heads back let me know I could arrange a few things (to help with the whole cult stuff) to give your character some extra motives.
It's fine either way.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sure post him up in the RG

I'm getting off here tonight bu t I'll have a little RP so you can "get into character"up tomorrow night. Probably have you talking with Sister Linora at the temple.

HM

drothgery

First Post
Sure post him up in the RG

I'm getting off here tonight bu t I'll have a little RP so you can "get into character"up tomorrow night. Probably have you talking with Sister Linora at the temple.

HM
Okay. It's Winterhaven, not Winterfell, right? The Starks haven't invaded Points-of-Light land, I think...

drothgery

First Post
Okay, Alek's in the RG.
FYI - my tabletop game is currently on Wednesday evenings, so I might not get back too you until tomorrow if you post something for me tonight.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases