Death's Domain [HM's 4e game] Recruiting - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I'm thinking elven ranger...what books exactly are you wanting to allow?

Just the PHB to start.

TO EVERYONE: I was thinking that maybe I would allow alternate sources as we played. But these would need to be decided on by the group. We could say at certain levels (example: 3, 6, 8, and 10) a new book would be added to those currently allowed. This would give you a way to plan ahead and we add a little of the stuff I don't have over time (and I could build up my collection).

Hey HM, I am in the same boat as you. I have played 4E once at a game day, and that has been it, I have the three basic books though. So if you have room I would like to give it a shot (and a fair shake ;) ) since parts of it will be making it to 5E.

Welcome aboard Fenris! Glad to know I'm not in a minority of one, like I thought. Hope to give us a good game. Happy character building.

HM, look at my typicall 4e character sheets:
Galin

Would I need add much more besides the mechanic of the feats for you to have all needed information? Or look at a LEB sheet, where it is expected that not all DMs have access to all rules:
Vimak Stonecarver

There is no problem with allowing more books, if you trust your players not to cheat on you.

Oh, and I'm certainly in. Your answer should only help me to decide on rave & class :)

Hi WD - I would want everyone to list out there feats and powers (even racial abilities I guess) having them color coded as well. That LEB sheet is nice. I will make up an RG for this asap so everyone can start posting character concepts there and we can all look at them.

See the To Everyone above for my thoughts on how the game could progress. Sorry to say for the first two levels it will defiantly be PHB only. Consider it a challenge to overcome.

I think HM wants to limit the game to people with limited experience with 4e; I threw together a PHB-only halfling rogue (and tried to build an eladrin lazy warlord, but it turns out that you need non-PHB powers to build a warlord that never makes an attack roll).

No anyone can join and I would like a couple experienced players to help me later on rules/errata wise. Your lazy warlord reminds me that my first 4e character that I tried to make. I wanted him to be a pacifist cleric, but there was no way to not have an attack/damage dealing power. I'm sure with all the new sources that is no longer a problem.

I think that's more of a prioritization/hope. I have plenty of experience, but he was willing to use my experience if he didn't find enough newcomers.

Your correct, and it looks liek we are now up to 3 - with you as a possible forth.

If [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] would allow me to beg them to play (please, please, please)we would have a group together.

Possible Group:
Terrible Swift Sword - ranger
Fenris - unknown
Walking Dad - unknown
Shayuri - unknown (if my begging works)
hafrogman - unknown

Also read below.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I have been looking through the adventures thinking of ways to link them and such. Also looking at the end goals and such.

I think them all a little large for pbp. So if there are no objections I will be shorting them as I can so it doesn't take two or three years to play the first mod.

I will probably just cut out most of the "filler" combats and shorten the dungeons up by removing areas that are only there for combat reasons. I don't see a reason to travel down a corridor to a room to fight a bunch of monsters only for everyone to get say 200XP and then have to trudge back after searching it comes up empty. In pbp time that could take two months. Do this for say 4 rooms and your 8 months in the hole with no story progression.

I will keep the key encounters and sometimes (like in the pyramid adventure) leave the dungeon intact.

To make up the XP loss I will add in additional participation/RP experience to everyone every couple months to keep up with the game.

Just wanted to get my thoughts out as I prepare for this campaign.

HM

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Well...I have the DDI open at the moment anyway...and since it seems like my Dark Heresy game GM has mysteriously stopped posting...

I'll see what I can do. :)

I've had a notion to try a Dragonborn lately...or perhaps...well, let me look. It's not the race/class combos from PHB that are hard, it's the limited feats and power lists. Fortunately, most online guides DO break things down by source, so I can use those to help make choices...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Thanks Shayuri - glad to have you aboard as well. Like I said above after a few levels I will start allowing other sources into the game.

Well everyone I will hook up an RG in a couple days but till then you all may wish to discuss party roles. I think we only have one confirmed with TSS's ranger(striker).

I'll let you discuss putting your group together as I go start thinking of what to say in the opening IC post.

HM

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
Well everyone I will hook up an RG in a couple days but till then you all may wish to discuss party roles. I think we only have one confirmed with TSS's ranger(striker).
Well, as I mentioned upstream, I can fill in any role. I get that the PHB is kinda restrictive and wanted everyone to get their first choice. But in the interest of brainstorming and to get the ball rolling I'll give an idea of what I had in mind for each role.

Defender: Defensive shield type fighter. Human. A sort of temple guardian sort with a possible cleric mutliclass.

Leader: Tactical warlord. Human. Could be a little lazy depending on how the basic attacks end shaping up.

Striker: Infernal warlock. Dwarf. Ah, constitution as the uber-stat.

Controller: Wizard. Dragonborn. Well, there's only one controller. So something unusual.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Just a bump to see where all the players mind sets are. For characters and if they still wish to play.

I am excited I got E3 in the mail and can not believe Orcus's HP -yikes- :eek:

So I now have all the modules and am going through the first one to see what to leave and what to take out for pbp. Notice the treasure pool is small for this first game. But then as I'm not sure about the WBL rules for 4e yet, maybe it is on track, just looked small for the four levels gained.

HM

Caim

First Post
I think I'm going to have to bow out of this one. I have some family issues needing my attention and I don't know how much time I can spend on a new game. My apologies HM.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases