Death's Domain [HM's 4e game] Recruiting - OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Definitely! In fact I've thrown some things together here at work, but I can't finish chargen without the book so it'll have to wait another couple of hours.

But you'll get the sheet tonight. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Here's the DDI summary. I will be fleshing it out, adding numbers and dice formulas and fluffy background and so on...this is just the beginning.

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Ellowyl, level 1
Eladrin, Wizard (Arcanist)
Arcane Implement Mastery Option: Staff of Defense

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 20, WIS 11, CHA 12

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 14, DEX 10, INT 18, WIS 11, CHA 10

AC: 18 Fort: 12 Ref: 15 Will: 14
HP: 24 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +12, Diplomacy +6, Dungeoneering +5, History +12, Nature +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +0, Athletics –1, Bluff +1, Endurance +2, Heal +0, Insight +0, Intimidate +1, Perception +0, Religion +5, Stealth +0, Streetwise +1, Thievery +0

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Eladrin Racial Power: Fey Step
Staff of Defense Power: Staff of Defense
Wizard Utility: Light
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Ghost Sound
Wizard Utility: Prestidigitation
Wizard Attack 1: Freezing Cloud
Wizard Attack 1: Ray of Frost
Wizard Attack 1: Thunderwave
Wizard Attack 1: Icy Terrain
Wizard Attack 1: Sleep

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Armor Proficiency: Leather

ITEMS
Spellbook
Quarterstaff x1
Leather Armor x1
Backpack (empty)
Belt Pouch (empty)
Sunrod
Waterskin
Longsword

Brew Potion
Tenser's Floating Disk
Comprehend Language
====== End ======

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Shayuri's check over...

Should list +5 Will to saves vs Charms somewhere (not sure where)
I'm sorry Shayuri but Chilling Cloud is not in the PHB. And it seems to fit the theme you have going. If you ever wish to "fluff up" a spell you could do things like...

Cloud of Daggers - They look like icicles spinning inside an icy wind
Magic Missles - snowballs that never miss
Scorching Burst - So cold it is like instant frostbite and it feels like you are burning up.

(Note the damage types would stay the same, force ,fire, etc. Just the fluff would change.)

49 gp leftover after equipment

Confused about Rituals and forgot to ask hafrogman about his. Has there been a change to allow 1st lvl characters to take higher level rituals just not be able to use them?

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
hafrogman it says in the PHB that a cleric gets gentle Repose and one other first lvl ritual hs this changed somewhere? Does my errata need an update??

:confused: Great if my "right" answers are wrong.

HM

Shayuri

First Post
Argh...yeah. Using DDI to make characters with just the PHB is like pulling teeth. Sorry about that. Just substitute Thunderwave.

And yeah, any character can buy any ritual they can afford. They just can't CAST them until they're the right level or higher.

All my rituals are level 1 though, and from the PHB...I passed up some much better choices to make sure of that. :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
Confused about Rituals and forgot to ask hafrogman about his. Has there been a change to allow 1st lvl characters to take higher level rituals just not be able to use them?
I assume the confusion is over the Brew Potion ritual . . . which was errata'd at some point to be level 1, although you're right it doesn't show up in the PHB errata for some reason. :erm: It might be in whatever book introduced potions of low enough level that a character below level 5 could craft them.
hafrogman it says in the PHB that a cleric gets gentle Repose and one other first lvl ritual has this changed somewhere?
Yeah, I can't see any change listed, it might just be programmed badly into the character builder where it just has me pick two level 1 rituals. So I'll drop brew potion for gentle repose.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
BTW please let me know what rituals you are looking to get and I may throw a few into the current and upcoming games.

The magical item list is ultra small for this adventure. I got about twelve total (not counting potions - which aren't many).

Having five PCs ending up 4th level when all is said and done I think 12 is a little low.

HM - Looking out for the little guy. (No not the koblods they gets smashed!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases