Carrion crown

What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post

Thread: Carrion crown

Hybrid View

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis

Carrion crown

Well it's been a while but here is my latest campaign.

DRAMATIS PERSONAE:
    That glint in the Dm's eye means your character's about to have something nasty happen to them (possibly involving trees, or bananas or salt !!!)

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis
    DRAMATIS PERSONAE:

ROBYN LONGSTRYDE: A human ranger.

MILLICENT: A surprisingly knowledgeable human barbarian.

DAVID: A human rogue/swashbuckler

RENTHIE: A human cleric

GABRIEL: A swashbuckler

LOAG: An elven wizard

BILLY: Formerly human, now a ghoul/mummy wizard.

And finally, not forgetting the supporting cast of THE MULE who is a mule.
    That glint in the Dm's eye means your character's about to have something nasty happen to them (possibly involving trees, or bananas or salt !!!)

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis

Trial of the beast

Heading away from the Port of Crabs the group headed towards Lepidstadt. They had been tasked with their mentor to hand some books in to the library.

As they headed along the road they met a group of caravans populated by colourful individuals, or what Robyn called "Freaks". The leader of this group, an albino man called Caleb Hesse asked them to look for their companion Aleece who had gone missing.

Robyn was able to find some tracks that led into a mrashy area. There the group found Aleece's body. Whilst they were examining it they were ambushed by a Phase Spider, but they quickly made short work of it and took the body back to the caravan.

Heading on their way they at last came to Lepidstadt where they were met by David who had gone on before them and an elven mage called Loag. As they were exchanging greetings a ghastly hideous thing that looked a bit like Billy came into view. It was clearly undead, Renthie immediately tried to turn it and Billy ran away, with Renthie, Robyn and Millicent giving chase, meanwhile David and Loag headed into the library. They soon discovered that the person they were due to hand the books in to was in the courtroom at the trial.

Eventually, after Robyn had used a tanglefoot arrow to trap Billy and Millicent had grappled Renthie things calmed down a bit. Billy revealed he had been brought back to life by someone who he thought was called Kauderwelsch. Renthie sulkily gave in and agreed to allow Billy to accompany them and so the group headed to the courthouse.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis
    Heading to the courthouse the group were quickly witness to a huge, baying crowd. It seemed that a huge, patchwork flesh golem was being put on trial for murder. They eventualy managed to hand the book in to Judge Embreth Daramid.

"Thank you, my fine fellows", he said, "but I wonder if there is something else you could do for me. No one will defend the beast, apart from a stuttering fool and I want this to be a fair trial. Can you assist in defending the creature."

"Where did the creature come from originally", asked Robyn.

"From Castle Caromarc", replied the judge.

"Right we'll head there first", said Renthie

And so to Castle Caromarc the party headed.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis

What has gone before - part 1

It all began several weeks ago with the death of the party member's friend and mentor Professor Lorrimar. Whilst, notified that the Professor was dead they also were informed that they were named as beneficiaries in the Professor's will. Intrigued they set out for Harrowstone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They found Harrowstone to be a barren, windswept place. They were doon introduced to Lorrimar's daughter Kendra who asked if four of them could serve as pallbearers, and so the small group carried the coffin to the final burial place, the Restlands.

As they reached their destination they were met by several burly villagers, including one Gibs Halpen.

"That's fair enough, we ain't havin no necromancer buried ere, t'aint natural".

"My friend", said Gabriel, "surely you see that Lorimar was no necromancer, he was just interested in what happens after death, a thing that many priests and clerics are too. Surely this is no reason to condemn him, didn't he provide the town with years of devoted service".

The crowd were swayed and Gibs and the others went home, muttering darkly to themselves.

Novice (Lvl 1)

Ignore Dantardis

What has gone before part 2

After returning from the grave site the group headed back to Lorrimor's house to read the will. It made for strange vieweing, reading as follows:

"The Land itself is in danger, the balance has been altered.

Over the last few years I took it as my duty to examine the strange; the ghostly and the otherworldly.

Whenever I could I tried to resolve the issue, but all the time I sensed there was something deeper, something darker, behind it all.

My last wish in ths life is that you take up my mission -explore the lands around here and seek out this deeper darkness and destroy it, only then will the land be safe".

It was a lot to ask - to embark on a quest without any idea of its final resolution, but the party agreed to do so.

+ Log in or register to post