The D&D Next Playtest Begins...

Ebon Shar

Explorer
I've been trying all morning and I cannot get in. Servers must really be hammered. I guess I'll wait until after work and then worry about it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think WotC missed a marketing opportunity here.

The released the playtest stuff today, May 24.

Tomorrow, May 25th, is Geek Pride Day.

I understand the logic - get them the stuff on Thursday, so they can prep and run sessions on the weekend. But I think the geek-support-marketing would have been far more valuable than one day of game prep.

Knight Templar

First Post
Seriously? Because you can't get the first playtest materials in the first few hours? Wow.

When a company tells me I'll receive a link in 30-60 minutes I expect to receive it in 30-60 minutes. The incompetence demonstrated during this release is truly epic, and quite typical of WotC. They seem to specialize in failure.

warlordgdx

First Post
Seriously? Because you can't get the first playtest materials in the first few hours? Wow.

Yeah, people are getting waaay too overworked (and impatient) about this. WoTC may not be technically savy, but so long as the playtest is eventually available today, it should be good.

Agamon

Adventurer
An open playtest...this maybe could have been anticipated? Maybe use something besides the TI-99 they have the file sitting on right now?

renau1g

First Post
When a company tells me I'll receive a link in 30-60 minutes I expect to receive it in 30-60 minutes. The incompetence demonstrated during this release is truly epic, and quite typical of WotC. They seem to specialize in failure.

We can all take a lesson from the kitty here. It's a game. There are far more important things to get blood pressure up about.

Relax.jpg

Ebon Shar

Explorer

Wow, KT, your expectations are pretty high. You must never play an MMO (and if you don't, I don't blame you) or use Ticketmaster. The playtest material is there, as they promised, it's only the "interwebs" that is bottlenecking everything.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Still, it's somewhat amusing that the legitimate access I signed up for and was granted doesn't work, while the "share" sites already have it. Not that I condone that sort of thing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
When a company tells me I'll receive a link in 30-60 minutes I expect to receive it in 30-60 minutes.

I want my D&D to be metaphorically better than Domino's Pizza, so I am not going to consider my game designers and publishers in the same way I do my pizza delivery.

The incompetence demonstrated during this release is truly epic

I think I'd call that abuse of "epic". Really, dude - Aragorn arriving at the last moment at the Battle of the Pelenor Fields is epic. Nothing in the delivery of a free playtest document - success or failure - is epic.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases