The D&D Next Playtest Begins...

drothgery

First Post
Well it's now downloading for me.... hey, I just checked, it's still the 24th...RAWR!!!!! They said they'd give me the rules on the 24th......... and it's the 24th but I had too wait until later in the day and not at midnight when I wanted it(even though midnight my time is still the 23rd in PST)...... RAWR!!!!

The internetz is funny.... the WotC boards are way, way more entertaining though...... they're even providing direct links to torrent sites over there.... good times
Yeah, after almost everyone in the eastern and central time zone went to bed, it's now possible to get the playtest docs from Wizards.

Walking Dad

First Post
Got it (user agreement took an age to load). And PbP is explicitly disallowed. Now I'm not sure it was worth waiting for it. Any information if/when we will be allowed to Play/test D&D next in PbP environment?
I like the rules itself BTW. The old problem, good rules, bad marketing.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

I went home last night, after work, and downloaded the materials without a hitch.

While you are each allowed to be disappointed in the system performance, and allowed to say so, please keep your comments less than hyperbolic. There's a point where criticism steps over the line into trash-talk that's just not constructive to conversation.

OpsKT

Explorer
Constructively, if they wanted to remind us old, original D&D players of the Rules Cyclopedia, they did a good job.

The monsters and the layout of the character sheets, as well as the content and writing, remind me of the Rules Cyclopedia a lot. I still miss that book. Why did I ever trade it for Vampire... ah well.

So, they got me maybe now in the 'willing to play in someone's game' camp. The format and presentation of the final product (read: ONE book this time, no more three books crap) is a very vital component of if they can move me to the, 'I want to buy this' camp.

thekguy

First Post
I can't get it, I get a 'Bad Request - Invalid URL' message on EVERY SINGLE LINK. I did clear my cache. I thought they fixed it?

Remove ads