IC Game [Pathfinder] Diabolical Plots

mazzoli

First Post
To give credit where it's due, this post was shamelessly co-opted from my current Living Pathfinder adventure.
[sblock=Helpful Links]Obsidian Portal
OOC Discussion[/sblock]
DM: Mazzoli

Start Date: 5/24/2012
End Date:

Players:
Colvin Strict
XP: 150
GP: 0

Din

Firtargath Tagon'gun

Lanalia L'as

Oraia

Talys

[sblock=Loot Table]None yet.[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. In combat please post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order.

* Please use the EN World dice roller to resolve rolls. I'll be handling my own rolls in my own way to allow for me to screw you guys over regularly. It's also faster.

* Please let us know if you're going to be gone for any length of time so that we don't spend forever waiting for you to post or something. I can run your character in combat if need be, and you'll just have to miss out on the RP.

* Leveling will occur at the end of the encounter in which it happened. I'll let you know. You'll get your additional maximum HP and extra spell slots, but won't gain any total HP or have spells prepared in those slots if you're a prepared caster. Spontaneous casters can use the slots as normal.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture and a unique speaking color. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet would be much appreciated in every IC post during a fight. [/sblock]

Example Mini-stats block:
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Ariel Esimae
Initiative: +2
AC: 19 (17 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 9 Current: 9
CMB: +1 CMD: 13 Fort: +4 Reflex: +4 Will: +6 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Shield & javelin

Fire Bolt: 3/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 1/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: 1st Level 2/3; used Shield of Faith for CLW [/sblock]

[sblock=Encounter Information]Cacodaemon - CR 2 - 900 XP[/sblock]

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
The din of voices in the packed (if the concept of a fire marshal existed in this place, he’d be having a conniption) common room of Our Lady of the Lake starts to die down at the insistence of the frantic hand gestures of a man standing on the bar. A short, stout balding man with what can only be described as a magnificent moustache, Jethro Alim occupies the highest position of authority in the town of Perium, a position much like a mayor if nobody paid attention to how the mayor got his authority and the race was decided by whoever could bluster the loudest. On second thought, his position is exactly like a mayor.

He gestures over at another short, stout man, “Now we’ve heard what this here dwarf, Furtergarath Tagonagunn-“ he butchers the name badly but doesn’t seem to notice his mistake “-has to say about how he came to wash up on our shores plum naked and scaring our children aplenty. I say the whole story sounds mighty fishy, but Grunner, our master fisherman and father of the lovely Jeslle-“ he leers at the girl uncomfortably, and she turns away in disgust “-says he knew just where to find the supposed wreckage of his boat and dragged up what looks like the leftovers of a holedweller squad. Since we know things haven’t been right of late, I have an idea for seeing how far we can trust him without trying to toss him anywhere. We can even see what we should do with all these outsiders what’s finally made their way to town lately.

He looks pointedly at a young girl with gold and blue eyes cloaked in a hood before glancing over at the elf indolently scratching the head of the dog at his side while barely listening to the meeting. “What say we have Mr. Dwarf here, along with the girl and the elf and those other outsiders who didn’t come here tonight, visit the woods for us and see what it is that’s going on out there?

The room erupts as most of the townsfolk gathered start shouting and slapping tables and stomping their feet. A voice rings out across the cacophony, “Any of you that damage my property, I’ll take it out of your hide! It’s bad enough I can’t serve anybody with this crowd. Get this waste of time over, you’re cutting into my profits!” The tall, lanky owner of the inn, by the name of Marte Price, leans back against the wall behind the bar now that the room is quiet again.

Jethro scans the crowd again, a malicious grin on his face that is beet red from exertion, “I take it you all like my idea? I think if you want to keep staying in this town, draining our supplies when we haven’t got much for ourselves, you need to prove your worth. Take these-"

He is interrupted when the door to the inn swings open, quickly at first, but slower after a yelp of pain from the person standing in its arc gets hit in the backside. A young woman holding a parasol steps into the room. She shakes her head to clear the wetness from the dense fog before looking up and becoming keenly aware that all eyes are on her. The man on the bar points and starts stamping his feet, his face growing redder by the second. Boilers don’t exist, so he gives the distinct impression of a tea kettle about to whistle. “You! You can join them! Tomorrow! Into the woods tomorrow morning with all of you, and those others skulking around out there right now!

Jethro abruptly calms down and looks over at Fir, “What do you think of this deal, dwarf? Wouldn’t you like to go find out where those terrible birdwomen who killed your mates are?” He then turns his gaze to the elf, “And you, Green Man, don’t you want to go see what’s going on in those woods of yours? I’d say this is your best chance to fix your problems.” His now-unsettling stare descends upon Oraia, “As for you, missy, you’ve been asking questions about what’s going on in these parts ever since you showed up. Now’s your chance to stop asking questions and see for yourself what the problem is.” He looks up at, or rather through, the just-entered Lanalia and quietly, but audibly, says, “Yes, that takes care of them, unless they have something to add. But what brings you here, miss?
[sblock=”OOC”]Roleplay time![/sblock]

Mlwells

First Post
Lanalia, face painted in innocent curiosity, peers around at the serious faces of the inn's room. "Yay!" she tosses her still open parasol into the air to give a quick two claps. With deft movements she grabs it again and hops on top of the nearest table and with a "boing! boing! boing!" skips from one table to the next until she ends up atop the bar. With finesse she finishes with a flourished cartwheel to end up in front of silly red faced fool.

Using the piece of charcoal she grabbed in her antics, she quickly scrawls "I'm boring!" across Jethros oversized hairless head. Before he could complain she pivots on her heel and tosses the charcoal away.

Twirling her parasol, she addresses the crowd, "Ladies and gentlemen! I have a proposition to make! Especially to some of ya! I hear that there's some interesting people in town ya know! Is the exhibitionist dwarf, creeper old man with dog and a funny glowing lady around?" she doesn't bother to wait for a response. "There are flappy bird ladies somewhere around here. An' I don't like their master so who wants to play hide and seek with 'em? Hmm?!" She taps her her lips thoughtfully, "Though I can't say for sure how many players there are - more fun that way!"

[sblock="Lanalia's Face"]
7268018150_4dbc2546cf.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mazzoli

First Post
Jethro stares at Lanalia while his flabby lips flop fish-like. He eventually teeters precariously and sits down hard on the bar while the slip challenges the room.

Mlwells

First Post
For the first time, Lanalia stops and looks around the room, stunned into silence. Then she looked down at the wounded bar counter. A large peevish grin grows upon her face that she directs at the audience.

"Whoopsies!" her lips curl into her mouth which she bites on. As discreetly as possible she sidesteps along the bar, making her way toward the exit. "la-lala! When you want to hear my diabolical plan for the flappy things... I'll be outside!" Lanalia points the still open parasol out and abruptly closes it. "Hup!" she leaps over the nearest people and bounds out the door.

[sblock="Lanalia's Face"]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Masrenzrik

First Post
Oraia, less than amused with the changeling's antics interrupts the stunned silence that Lanalia's exit caused. "That was... interesting. Anyway, Sir Alim, I would love nothing more than to bring the unholy perpetrators of these heinous acts to swift and brutal justice. If the other outsiders assembled here would like to assist me in eradicating these villains, back up would be appreciated."
She pauses to look around and assess her potential brothers in arms and declares, "In any case, Jethro," while pulling her greatsword out from under her cloak, "You have my sword for use in defending these good folk."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Fir had been quietly biting his tongue. This must be a human joke he thought to himself. Two girls, one smaller than the blade she so boldly shows, the other obviously touched by some insane demon, and... an elf??

He takes the last pull of his mug to keep from telling this Jethro where to stick his help.

But this is all there is here and he surely can't strike out alone. Those harpies were working for someone... or something sinister, and he had to find out what. It could be only a matter of time before the town was attacked and then these people, who had helped a strange outsider, would die just as his shield-brothers had died.

Slamming the tankard down he gets up and grabs his pack, axe, and shield.

"Were go'n ta find out the cause lass. Put yuir sword away till ye needs it." Fir says as he dons his equipment. He looks at the crowd.

"This won't be easy. And won't happen over night. I hope that the hospitality of Perium will be wait'n on us should we need it again."

Not waiting for a responds or wanting one the dwarf pushes through the crowd towards the door.

"Come on elf. The days a waste'n."

mazzoli

First Post
Jeslle stands and gives the still-flabbergasted Jethro a hateful smirk before turning to where the dwarf is heading out the door. She smooths her blouse and takes a deep breath before speaking, "Mr. Tagon'gun, sir, I just want you to know that not everyone in Perium is against you as Mr. Alim seems to be. Since he seems to be forcing you to look into this I, for one, really appreciate it. I hope you can find what has happened to my brother since he disappeared a month ago. So, um, thank you very much." She looks disparagingly over the rest of the room, "You should all be ashamed of yourselves, cheering the idea of throwing this dwarf who's fallen on hard times to the mercies of whatever is out there."

Most of the crowd looks suitably contrite at this admonishment and a chorus of "Sorry!" rings out from some of the townsfolk. This stirs Jethro into action, and he hops back to his feet with a dexterity belied by his stout form.

"Don't forget to pick up that skulker and that boy who thinks he knows magic on your way out! Go with him girlie, and you too, elf, with that dog of yours! As for you, missy," he says threateningly to Jeslle, "I'll have a talk with your father about what we should do with you, speaking out of place like that. You were lucky we even let you in here, but don't go expecting that privilege again!"

Mlwells

First Post
A shuttered opening to the side of the door abruptly dissapears into the darkness of the outside world. A pair of arms with the fair fingers interlaced appears on the sill asLanalia's head comes to rest on the bridged hands.

In a clear voice, she calls out, "Hallooooo! Brother? What brother? When? Where! Go ooooon!?" her voice drawls out and she smiles as she waits expectantly.

[sblock="A Portrait of Lanalia's Face"]
[/sblock]

Caim

First Post
"That skulker, as you so put it, is already here and ready to go if the rest of you are." Colvin moves from the portion of wall he called his own while in the inn. "I'll be outside with the girl possessed by the demon." As he exits the inn he glances back at the fisherman's daughter with a smirk.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases