[Playtest Package 1] - What about the survey?

infax

First Post
I'm stuck at work for at least another 5 hours. I've been voraciously reading everything about the playtest packet here at ENWorld. The one thing I haven't seen anyone touching upon, though, is the feedback format.

Is there a survey included with the packet? Or are those that receive the packet instructed to wait for WotC to put a survey up so they can get the feedback?

While having rules to test how D&D5e is shaping up is extremely nice, I have already seen a couple of things I would like to tell Wizards about (both positive and negative), so, the format and availability of feedback forms is of the utmost interest.

If the survey was included with this package, has anyone glanced at it yet? Anything interesting about it? What are the developers interested in hearing about at this point? We know character creation is not the focus. I read that the monsters are done developing yet either, so feedback on that will be of limited interest. What do they want to know about then?

Cheers,

INFAX [inquisitive and psyched]

Kinak

First Post
infax said:
Or are those that receive the packet instructed to wait for WotC to put a survey up so they can get the feedback?
It sounds as though they'll be emailing out a survey in a week or two. Don't call them, they'll call you ;)

Cheers!
Kinak

tlantl

First Post
They put up three new forums on the WotC community boards so we can share information and give feedback informally-ish. You know how those boards get.

They're full of the usual crowd jawing about how they hate the stuff in the play test. Mostly the same loud mouthed detractors that have trolled the place since D&DN was announced. I can only assume that now that the developerss will be using those same forums the trolling will be quelled finally.

infax

First Post
They're full of the usual crowd jawing about how they hate the stuff in the play test. Mostly the same loud mouthed detractors that have trolled the place since D&DN was announced. I can only assume that now that the developerss will be using those same forums the trolling will be quelled finally.

We can only hope it will be reined in.

I never felt very comfortable at the WotC forums, though. So I hope they have different, and better, ways of getting feedback. At the very least, we know that WotC_Trevor hangs around ENWorld from time to time (used to be more than a single official WotC employee at around the time of 4e launch...).

tlantl

First Post
I feel your pain.

At least there are fewer of them. It would be nice if they'd go somewhere else to lament the passing of their favorite. I've lamented the passing of two and a half versions of the game so I know how they feel but I can't feel sympathy or empathy for people who spew bile and sow discontent just because others don't like what they do.

Still it's entertaining sometimes and that's part of the reason I come to these and other forums.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases