Adventure: Poisoned to the Core DM: FourMonos Judge: KarinsDad

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok frets as River gets closer, then decides it best to stay near the door. The gnome attempts keeping a casual appearance while glancing around for exits.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek usually gave the university staff fits each time he had visited, so he kept quiet. Instead, he poked at things on shelves, looked at things that probably should have remained undisturbed, and generally said things in his constant stream-of-consciousness way that likely made those unuse to him skittish.

FourMonos

First Post
Surprise takes the Professor's features at the name of Shageon.

"By the Seven! My old friend Shageon is still alive. Goodness, he was old when I last saw him a lifetime ago!"

Lancaster smiles and gives a knowing wink, "I was something of a rebel in my early days. Determined to alchemy my way into the history books *chuckles softely*. A lot has happened since then. Well, something serious must have happened for my old friend to call upon me now."

River hands up the list. "What can you tell us about these ingredients?"

"What's this? Ingredients? For something Shageon needs? Let me have a look." Professor Lancaster takes the list gently, and reviews the components.

He lets out a low whistle. "Well, this is going to be a challenge. These are rare. Take the first one, Methamine. That is extracted from fresh chimera claw. Egads, that alone may be impossible to find."

Lancaster paces the floor a moment, hand on chin, deep in thought.

He raises a finger, "Wait a moment. There is a gladiator ring in lower Menthis. Torchlight district if I'm not mistaken. I believe it is called the Battle Pit. They often have beast fighting beast contests. Perhaps they have knowledge of where the fresh chimera claw can be found. Either that or we may have to send you to Droaam to secure some."

He pauses, looking at the group. "Well? Get a move on! If Shageon sent you here, he isn't wanting you to dally!"

dimsdale

First Post
The orc smiles at the hint of battle. Chimera big...yes? He grips his axe sports a toothy grin. Area! Go! He strides out of the room, then pauses outside as the orc has no idea the location of the arena.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Wanted to give everyone a chance to post something, anyone have any questions, concerns or things they want to do other than proceed to the Battle Pit?

FourMonos

First Post
The trip to Lower Menthis goes without a hassle. The Battle Pit doesn't appear to be much from the outside, mostly a coliseum that can't be more than a hundred feet across inside. A single guard is standing around the main entrance. He looks at you strangely upon hearing your request.

"Uh, you think maybe you should talk with the animal keeper?"

He asks you to wait outside while he gets the keeper.

The keeper, a middle aged half orc, stomps grumpily to the front gate.

"Yeah, I keep the animals. What do you want?"

Velmont

First Post
"We are here because we need to gather Methamime, an extract from a fresh Chimera claw. We have been told you could be the man to help us in this task. A man life is at stack and time is against us. Are you that man?" asks River with all his tact and charm.

FourMonos

First Post
The half orc can't help but feel himself wrapped up in concern over the injured man with River's swaying words.

(changing color so I don't step on River's color)

"Uh, okay. Sure. You're in luck. We gots a chimera. An, old beaten down one. Um, I mean 'venerable'."
He does the air quotations. "Boss says not to downplay our beasts... keeps the crowds more interested. You know, they don't want to hear you brought a bunch of broken down monsters to slug it out. Hehehe."

The lack of returned amusement sobers the half orc.

"Right, let me show you the special cages."

GM: More coming.

CaBaNa

First Post
Pok takes careful measure of the half orc, noting where he keeps his possessions, the condition of his equipment... The gnome stays behind River during the examination though, and continually checks his surroundings as well. The guards keep a share of his attention as well, there bodily effects and measure of professionalism. *SPECIAL CAGES?* Pok pulls his hood even further down, while surreptitiously looking for the posted notices and warnings required for owning such beasts. Each bureaucratic infraction carefully measured and noted for a later, more official, visitationaudit.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases