Adventure: Poisoned to the Core DM: FourMonos Judge: KarinsDad

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yesss!" exclaims the dwarf, gripping his axe, and clink-clanking his gauntleted hand. "Sorry lad, but we're gottan take them all three, in pieces!"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek was looking curiously at the magical arrangment, reverse engineering them in his mind while speaking of technomagimacal barrier shielding when his ears perk up and he looks up to the glass with a curious look, much like a dog's. He says, I thought no fighting here, not allowed there right? just as things go wrong.
OOC: Passive check makes it. Init below

dimsdale

First Post
ahhhh...that not supposed to happen...yes? The large orc growls menacingly, bearing all of his teeth, breathing in deep, then exhales slowly. He grips his axe tightly with both hands and prepares to attack.

initiative roll: 1d20+4= 19

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Let's just finish setting the stage here, shall we?

With a shake, then a groan, the large double doors behind the party open simultaneously. Standing behind them is a large ogre flanked by a foursome of bugbears wielding flails.

The ogre's eyes gleam with a malevolent intelligence. His common is flawless and without accent. He must have heard River's comment.

"Sure, sure" the ogre taunts, "Come on back here. We'll keep you warm and toasty." He reaches over his back and pulls what you first think is a large pole until you hear the clink of chains and the head of the enormous flail is set down in front of the ogre.

GM: And for fun, this is also a combat skill challenge! Hurray!

The trainer stands shocked, "Don't kill em! Put em back in the cages!"

GM: Skill Challenge!: On your turn you can activate the cage by using the manual operations/override. You have to be standing next to the walls marked with an "X". After activating the cage, the animal has to be in the caged area until the end of its next turn. If it leaves the cage area, the cage resets. You can use either a standard action or movement action for you activation attempt (I'll post some skill challenge requirements once everyone posts an initiative). Primary skills will be Arcana and Thievery. EACH ANIMAL YOU SAVE EARNS YOU EXTRA XP!

OOC: Oh yeah, poke [MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION] and [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION] ;)

CaBaNa

First Post
Hrmph. escapes Pok's lips, as he looks up toward the glass and notices the force fields dropping. Once the ogre speaks, Pok addresses the de facto leader Who might you toasty warmers be representing? the gnome glances around and notices a distinct lack of escape route. *Always leave an out... seems I'm cornered, so the way out, is through...* his mind working fast while waiting for an answer, Pok felt the familiar rush of adrenaline from his couriering days.

OOC: 16 init (forgot orb in roll), 21 perception, 8 diplomacy. Roll Lookup. Being that Pok had such a low init, keep in mind the readied immediate actions tab FM.

[sblock=Pok]

[sblock="Readied" Immediate Actions]

If an enemy moves adjacent to Pok, he will use "Moonstride"

If Pok takes damage he will use "Fade Away"

If Pok is hit by a charm or psychic attack he will use "My Mind is My Own"

If Pok is hit by an attack he will use "Cape of the Mountebank"

[/sblock]

[sblock=Pok stat block]Master Pok d'Sivis- Male Gnome Wizard 9
War Courier
Touched by Khyber (Escaped Thrall)
Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 20
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:20, Will:18 -- Speed:5
HP:52/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:6/6
Power Points left: 1
Initiative +13
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: NOT USED
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Suggestion
Ghost Sound as minor
Fade Away
Boots of the Fencing Master
Viper Belt
Orb of Nimble Thoughts
Wand of Accuracy
Grasping Shadows
Ebony Razors
Enemies Abound
Eyebite
Moonstride
Familiars Call
Spectral Image Spellbook
Wizard's Escape Spellbook
Horrid Whispers
Visions of Avarice
Visions of Ruin
Cape of the Mountebank
Phantom Chasm Spellbook Phantasmal Assailant Spellbook
Mirage Arcana Spellbook
[/sblock]

[sblock=CB Summary]

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Pok d'Sivis, level 9
Gnome, Wizard (Arcanist)
Arcane Implement Mastery Option: Wand of Accuracy
War Courier (+2 to Stealth)
Theme: Escaped Thrall

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 10, DEX 16, INT 21, WIS 13, CHA 13

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
STR 8, CON 10, DEX 15, INT 17, WIS 12, CHA 11

AC: 20 Fort: 15 Ref: 20 Will: 18
HP: 52 Surges: 6 Surge Value: 13

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +16, History +14, Insight +10, Nature +10, Stealth +18

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +7, Athletics +3, Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Dungeoneering +7, Endurance +4, Heal +5, Intimidate +5, Perception +5, Religion +9, Streetwise +5, Thievery +7

POWERS
Basic Attack: Melee Basic Attack
Basic Attack: Ranged Basic Attack
Escaped Thrall Utility: My Mind Is My Own
Gnome Racial Power: Fade Away
Wizard Utility: Ghost Sound
Wand of Accuracy Power: Wand of Accuracy
Wizard Utility: Light
Wizard Utility: Mage Hand
Wizard Utility: Suggestion
Wizard Utility: Prestidigitation
Wizard Attack 1: Phantom Chasm
Wizard Attack 1: Winged Horde
Wizard Attack 1: Phantasmal Assault
Wizard Attack 1: Grasping Shadows
Wizard Attack 1: Horrid Whispers
Warlock Attack 1: Eyebite
Wizard Utility 2: Spectral Image
Wizard Utility 2: Moonstride
Wizard Attack 3: Ebony Razors
Wizard Attack 5: Phantasmal Assailant
Wizard Attack 5: Visions of Avarice
Wizard Utility 6: Wizard's Escape
Wizard Utility 6: Familiar's Call
Wizard Attack 7: Enemies Abound
Wizard Attack 9: Mirage Arcana
Wizard Attack 9: Visions of Ruin

FEATS
Level 1: Ritual Caster
Level 2: Arcane Familiar
Level 4: Twilight Adept
Level 7: Dual Implement Spellcaster
Level 8: Enlarge Spell
Level 8: Improved Initiative

ITEMS
Spellbook
Shimmering Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing) +1 x1
Cape of the Mountebank +1 x1
Boots of the Fencing Master x1
Comprehend Language
Wand of Psychic Ravaging +1
Orb of Nimble Thoughts +2 x1
Wand of Psychic Ravaging +2 x1
Viper Belt x1
Resplendent Gloves (heroic tier) x1
====== End ======

[/sblock]

[/sblock]

[sblock=edit]
r1, you know I edit these things a dozen or so times before being finished. I always seem to forget the ministat, or a roll link, or any number of other bits that I add later. Thanks again for the reminder though!
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: quick note, I'm out of town on Monday/Tuesday. Going to Cedar Point :). I probably will be offline most of the weekend too... sorry

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: No worries have a great time at Cedar Point and have a great vacation [MENTION=13739]Velmont[/MENTION]! We have birthday activities here (last night and today) so posting a combat is taking longer than anticipated.

But let's face it, we play PbP. None of us are in a tremendous hurry.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: I had forgotten River had taken a hit from a goon in the first encounter. @Velmont did you want to use a surge before this encounter? I will retroactively fix this when you are ready. He was 64/75 starting encounter if he didn't want to heal.

The ogre gives his enormous flail a heft and it starts swinging with a deadly thrum.

"Get 'em." He commands the bugbears. With a howl of excitement the bugbears hop forward.

The first bugbear moves menacingly toward Pok, swinging his bladed flail. He is surprised when the gnome disappears and ends up on the opposite side of his friends. Undaunted, the bugbear goes into a defensive position, spinning his flail rapidly in crossing arcs, effectively making it difficult for anything to get near him. The arcing and spinning flail does slice and cut the nearest party members.

The second bugbear, flail swinging, moves up and lays a serious blow to River, knocking him from his feet and sliding him 10 feet. The bugbear grins maliciously.

The third attacker moves forward next to Muzdum and swings the flail but misses, a move that is mimicked by the last bugbear.

The ogre also moves forward, but he doesn't account for Muzdum's height and the heavy flail zooms overhead.

You can hear the displacer beast rattle its chain, testing its distance.

[sblock= Initiative]
Ogre and Bugbears: 30 Yeah, they were ready for you. I hope that used up a crit they could have scored on you.

Tondrek 27
Amarande 22
Muzdum 19
Rumbum 19
Pok 16
River 10

Mosters (Manticore, Displacer Beast, Chimera)

[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Details]
Illumination: Normal.

Map: Link is Here.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats Update]
River (L-17): 37/75; HS 10/10; AP 1; Second Wind; Status: Prone

Rumbum: (M-18): 82/82; HS 14/14; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Tondrek: (K-19): 77/82 HS 11/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Doggie: (J-19):15+15 THP AC 24 F 22 R 19 W 21

Pok d'Sivis
: (L-20): 52/52; HS 6/6; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

Amarande Vigoth: (H-18): 90/90; HS 12/12; AP 1; Second Wind; Status:
Ulvellyn: (I-18)

Muzdum Firebelly: (M-19): 66/71; HS 11/11 AP 1; Second Wind; Status:

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
Bugbear 1: Movement: Move to K-21. This triggers Pok's Moonstride. (I moved Pok opposite Tondrek as River didn't seem a good shield and the opposite direction put him close to the manticore). Standard: Flail Barrier 5 damage in close burst 2, no roll. Doggie, Tondrek, River and Muzdum take 5 damage.

Bugbear 2: Movement to L-20. Standard: Flail Dance vs. River: Crit! River takes 22 damage and is knocked prone and pushed to L-17. He is in the same square as the trainer.

Bugbear 3: Movement to N-20. Standard: Flail Dance vs. Muzdum: 23 vs. fort is a miss. As part of the attack, shift to O-19.

Bugbear 4: Movement: Move to J-20. Standard: Flail Dance vs. Tondrek: 16 vs. fort is a miss. As part of the attack, shift to I-21.

Ogre: Movement: Move to L-M 21-22. Standard: Heavy Flail vs. Muzdum: 24 vs. AC is also a miss.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Enemy Stats]

Bugbear ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W

1: (K-21) Damage taken: 0, used Flail Barrier.
2. (L-20) Damage taken: 0
3. (O-19) Damage taken: 0
4. (I-21) Damage taken: 0

Ogre (L-M 21-22) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage Taken:

Beasts:

Displacer Beast (D-E 8-9) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage Taken:

Manticore (Q-R 15-16) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage Taken:

Chimera (J-K 2-3) ?? AC ?? F ?? R ?? W
Damage Taken:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Skill Challenge!]
On your turn you can activate the cage controls to close the cage. You have to be standing next to the walls marked with an "X".

After activating the cage, the animal has to be in the caged area until the end of your next turn. If the animal leaves the cage area, the cage resets.

Skills: Arcana 25, Thievery 20

You can use either a standard action or movement action for you activation attempt.

Also! As an alternative you can activate the chain winch to pull the beast 10 feet (2 squares). Current length of chain (distance the monsters move outside of box): 10 feet. The winch will let out more chain each round. [/sblock]

GM: Sorry that took so long to get going guys. You're up!

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases