Adventure: Poisoned to the Core DM: FourMonos Judge: KarinsDad

CaBaNa

First Post
Now, if these allegations are true and the Daask are operating outside their normal license there will be fines to pay! However, you sir Rikshaw, if that is your name, are also in violation of ordinance. I may consider a writ of amnesty in exchange for full cooperation and a small fine to cover the bureaucratic process. Pok looks critically at the dandy in the doorway.

Giving a quick glance over his shoulder, the gnome smiles, You're welcome River, I know the technique looks like the Khyber cultist's technique, but as usual; the effect fades with time. Killing someone is a lot of paperwork, especially if there isn't an obvious conspiracy afoot...

Well Rikshaw, care to come clean about what organization you represent and how you came about this information? Or are my orc and dwarven friends going to need to detain you? Pok looks to Rumbum, Muzdum and back toward Rikshaw.

OOC: Streetwise 17, Roll lookup

FourMonos

First Post
Rickshaw holds his hands up animatedly, "Whoa, whoa whoa! One at a time already! I can't barely here myself think in here."

He takes a big breath, "You're right, Mr. Shifter. The Daask don't usually pull off violence so obvious. But these goons ain't pacifists. They're perfectly fine with violence when it suits them. They just prefer to work on the leverage angle first.

"That's what we don't know yet. What got them so riled up that they would be this direct and open. They even moved some new heavies into town recently. Something has got their panties in a twist. Maybe if you figure that out, you can clue me in."

He raises his eyebrows, "And don't you worry about these boys. They aren't... how should I say... new to the muscle racket. I appreciate you not hurting them too much.

"Which brings up another excellent point. Why am I here? Let's just say that I represent parties that are being inconvenienced by the Daask. They are moving in and taking things over. Making it hard for my bosses. We don't like that."

And he shrugs at the comment of arrest. "Sure. You can call the guard. But if I don't know him directly, I'll know someone at his post. I won't spend a night in jail. The people I work for are... Connected." He raises his eyebrows knowingly.

[sblock=Streetwise 10 or History 15] Rickshaw just informed you (using some the common street term) that he works for the Boromar, the Eberron equivalent of the Maffia. They are notoriously intermingled with politics and hold a lot of behind the scene power. [sblock=Streetwise 15 or History 20] The Daask moved into Boromar territory heavily in the last few years. While the Boromar traditionally deal in gambling and drug distribution, the Daask have added a flavor of violence the Boromar can't keep up with. Humans versus monsters. [/sblock] [/sblock]

"Anyway, I thought you might want to cut to the chase and see if you can save that poor guy in the tavern a little quicker. Here's the name of an establishment that may be a good place to start asking questions." He takes a piece of paper out of his tunic and lays it on the small table in the front room.

"Oh, and don't tell them I sent you." And with that, Rickshaw walks slowly from the room, whistling with his hands in his pockets.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek scratches his head. He says in a whisper that's actually still quite loud, They bigs in bad-stuff-street-crime. Knows peoples. Monster peoples getting in on their peoples. Bad for them, I guess.
OOC: History: 35, Streetwise: 24 (I just got 2 nat 20's. Why now? :O)

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=Tondrek] Well, rolls that good should be rewarded. You know that the Boromar were the original bad guys, spread throughout Khorvaire. Maybe farther. They warred some with other crime families, but the Boromar were the ones mostly in charge. Again, their rackets mostly delved into gambling, loan sharking and drugs. They own a lot of politicians and law enforcement. You mess with them, life gets very hard for you, very fast. Sometimes it violence, sometimes its an eviction or a random fire in your place of business.

When the Daask came rolling out of Droaam a few years back, they ate up the Boromar territory. The strongest Daask foothold is in Sharn, but they have branches in most major cities. Their influence wanes the farther you get from Droaam. They are non-humans: ogres, goblins, gnolls, lycanthropes and even medusa. You name it.

Daask brought new drugs to the market. Possibly even more addicting than Dream Lilly. It seems their alchemy is cutting edge...
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"So, what does he thinks? That the other group will hand us the antidote? Or reveal the composition of the poison? Or is he trying to just make us do his dirty job?" asks River to the others.

dimsdale

First Post
Rumbum, drop his guard, letting the handle of his axe hit the ground with a thud. Rumbum confused. He gives the dwarf a forearm shiver. We hit bad guys next time...yes?

ooc: I'm back :) Posting more frequently now

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Aye lad, next time, whoever kills the more o' them gets a beer paid by whoever killed the least. Deal?" the dwarf replies.
"So I think we first get the book to the halflin', second, whatever ye want.

CaBaNa

First Post
"Aye lad, next time, whoever kills the more o' them gets a beer paid by whoever killed the least. Deal?" the dwarf replies.
"So I think we first get the book to the halflin', second, whatever ye want.

Right. This is a distraction from the original mission, which is book couriering. exasperates the gnome as he taps his foot.

FourMonos

First Post
GM: Although not everyone has checked in quite yet, it sounds like the groups decision is to return to the book to Shageon (and fore-go investigating the Daask option). If no further input, I'll update tomorrow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases