D&D 4th Edition Adventure: Poisoned to the Core DM: FourMonos Judge: KarinsDad - Page 16




What's on your mind?

  1. #151
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    The grumpy half orc trainer leads you down through the "Staff Only" access. All the while, he yammers along about the cost of keeping animals, how the crowds shrink every year and that he isn't sure the Battle Pit could really stay open that much longer unless something changes. It doesn't really run so much like a dialogue as it does a monologue.

    The group travels further down through three flights of stairs until it is clear you are deep under ground. You estimate that the hallways run below the floor of the arena itself, which you were able to see when you first entered the main entrance.

    He leads you at last down a 10 foot hallway with large double doors to the left. The smell of animal feces and urine is strong. The trainer opens one of the pair of large double doors and leads you into a room lined with cages.

    The cages are set back into the walls, two 15 foot cages on each side and a 20 foot cage set into the far wall. Three animals are kept in the five cages.

    The initial impression of a lion laying in the closest cage on the right hand is quickly dismissed as the animal stands and turns to face the group. The lion body sports an angry human face, large bat like wings sprout from its back and a tail covered with spikes raises up above its back.

    Within the second cage on the left, a large black cat like creature paces. Two tentacles whip from its back and you make out the six total legs the fey beast possesses. It's resemblance, except in size, to Amarande's companion is remarkable.

    Finally, at the farthest and largest cage, the chimera lays with its head on its paws, staring at the group with its three different heads.

    The trainer walks into the room and waves everyone in. "Come on in. These new cages are the best in magi-tech innovation. They are a combination of iron cages and forcefield technology. Nothing is getting out of those cages unless we let them out."

    Map and Location
    Link here. Please place yourself on the map behind the animal trainer in the room.

 

  • #152
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "I guess they are here to fight... but what do they fight. Against each otehr or against people?" asks River, not liking much that game, but accepting it more easily than fight between two persons.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #153
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    Rumbum moves forward with his large axe head in his right hand. He says nothing, but takes time to study each large beast as he has never seen the likes of any of them before.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

  • #154
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    11,002

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    My communities:

    Muzdum advances, with his usual smile amidst his red cheeks.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #155
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    GM: Sorry about the slow DM posting guys, but we're about to get to some action, so let me give this a bump and poke @CaBaNa @renau1g @stonegod

  • #156
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    OOC: Placed
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #157
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    At the sight of the Fey Panther, Ulvellyn's fur bristles and a low growl emits from its throat. To that point Amarande was impassive, but the reaction from his companion (and potential upcoming conflict) gets his blood moving.

    The smaller panther paces back and forth anxiously and Amarande turns to his new companions. "The panther is ours" he declares in a low hiss.

    Amarande Visgoth
    Amarande VisgothMale Vryloka Fey Beast Tamer Blackguard Kensei 11
    Initiative: +6, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 15
    AC: 28, Fort: 24, Reflex: 20, Will: 27 Speed: 7
    HP: 90/90, Bloodied: 45, Surge: 26, Surges left: 12/12;
    Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones 0
    Powers -
    Dominator's Strike
    Vengeance Strike

    Dread Smite
    Masterstroke
    Lifeblood
    Shroud of Shadow
    Vice's Reward
    Deliverance of Faith
    Student of the Sword
    Frost Brand Attack Power
    Backlash Tattoo

    Blood of the Mighty
    Knightly Intercession
    Heal Fey Beast
    Wrath of the Gods
    Dwarven Githplate healing
    Ornament of Alertness


    Important things: +5 damage rolls against enemies with CA. +2 damage on bloodied enemies. Enemies adjacent to Ulvellyn grant CA to Amarande. Resist 10 necrotic/9 fire. If having thp's 1/round can take 5 damage to add 5 damage to attack's damage. At start of turn can make a saving throw against daze/stun even if condition isn't (save ends).

    UlvellynKey Beast 10
    Initiative +6; Low-light, Passive Perception 11
    AC: 26, Fort: 22, Reflex: 26, Will: 26 Speed: 8
    HP: 45; Bloodied 22
    Trait: Allies gain a +1 power bonus to all defenses while in the aura 1

    http://http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB...igoth_(renau1g)

  • #158
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    CaBaNa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,064

    Ignore CaBaNa
    My communities:

    OOC: heading to work, sorry to hold up the game, please place Pok behind River.
    MAGIC!

  • #159
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    FourMonos's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    IN
    Posts
    2,278

    Ignore FourMonos
    The half orc glares hard at Amarande.

    "Now you listen hear, Mr. Knight or wha' ever, you ain't doin' nothing to these animals. They are the property of the Battle Pit. You's said you only need a chimera claw, so we got to see if we can find one in here."

    He takes a couple steps further into the room. The double door swings shut behind the group. The smell of feces and dung is fairly strong now.

    "Besides, like I said, these cages are top o' da line. They are solid metal bars surrounded by a self activating shield o' force. The manticore spikes and chimera breath can't get through it. The animals are chained to the back of the cage. So even if the cages dropped, the winches at the back would keep 'em from going any further."

    He walks over and points at the control panel on the wall (X on map).

    "See this, only me and Ruddick knows the codes to release the cages. And that can only be done here or in the control room up there." He points to the clear window above the adventurers' heads. There is indeed a lighted room overlooking the animal cages.

    perception 20
    Although somewhat insulated, you hear the sound of a scuffle from behind the clear glass.


    With a soft fizzle, you recognize the uncomfortable hum of dissipating energy. The force fields around the cages winks out. A soft rumble is felt underfoot and the bars of the cages starts to retract into the floors.

    The shocked trainer looks up at the glass, "Um... Ruddick?"

    GM: Yeah, I know, everyone saw it coming. Could everyone roll initiative please? Should have done that when I asked people to put their tokens on the map.

  • #160
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "Come back behind us." shouts River to the Trainer.

    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Adventure: Escort Duty (DM: KarinsDad, Judge: TBD)
      By KarinsDad in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 560
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th December, 2013, 01:20 PM
    2. Assassination! DM: FourMonos Judge: Renau1g
      By FourMonos in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 543
      Last Post: Sunday, 27th January, 2013, 12:30 PM
    3. Adventure: The Undead Hunter DM: FourMonos Judge: ??
      By FourMonos in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 350
      Last Post: Monday, 26th March, 2012, 05:13 PM
    4. Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)
      By Someone in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 249
      Last Post: Thursday, 16th June, 2011, 04:14 PM
    5. [Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)
      By stonegod in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 475
      Last Post: Tuesday, 4th January, 2011, 11:39 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •