Adventure: Poisoned to the Core DM: FourMonos Judge: KarinsDad

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Well, I appreciate your honest assessment of time and ability to commit CaBaNa. Hopefully, when the gaming bug bites you again, and life has evened out, you will be able to rejoin us. You will be missed :).

You also made me contemplate my current time commitments. To be honest, I have spread myself too thin and my reaction has been to procrastinate. I need to cut back to be fair to all the players. For that reason, I will likely be weaning down my characters (mostly in L4W) as their adventures come to an end. I also can't run two adventures at once. I need to shut down "Poisoned to the Core" for now. A second version may come to the fore once my other adventure "Assassination" has come to its completion.

My apologies to those involved in "Poisoned". Since I'm finishing this adventure in the middle of a fight, I'm not sure the best way to proceed. I will check with @KarinsDad. Thanks in advance.

ooc: No problem on my end FourMonos. I understand. Thanks for letting Rumbum participate in you adventure. No need to worry about XP gained by Rumbum as I was going to retire him anyway. It's been fun playing in one of your adventures and having Quan for so long in my adventure. May Quan be the one who delivers the finishing blow on the dreaded black dragon! :)

FourMonos

First Post
Typically, one of the judges takes over. Send an Emali message to the leb judges ( leb.judge@gmail.com ) asking for them to step in.

OOC: Hmm, I thought that occurred when the DM disappeared. I haven't. ( I swear, I checked this morning). I just want to bring the adventure to an end quicker than anticipated. Mostly, since I'm going to interrupt this adventure mid fight, I was wondering about awarding xp for this fight. Half? Scrap the fight? Any advice would be appreciated.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Hmm, I thought that occurred when the DM disappeared. I haven't. ( I swear, I checked this morning). I just want to bring the adventure to an end quicker than anticipated. Mostly, since I'm going to interrupt this adventure mid fight, I was wondering about awarding xp for this fight. Half? Scrap the fight? Any advice would be appreciated.

Well, I don't seem to understand the difference between ending the adventure early because the DM disappears, and ending the adventure early because the DM decides that he spread himself too thin. From the perspective of the players, the adventure is ending early (and to protect the player's interest in this, the reason for the judge steps in rule).

Voda Vosa

First Post
I would advice to give it a cinematic closure (i.e. describe our success in a poetic way -I mean, there's still the dying guy in the tavern- ), award whatever xp we have earned, and call it a day.

FourMonos

First Post
I would advice to give it a cinematic closure (i.e. describe our success in a poetic way -I mean, there's still the dying guy in the tavern- ), award whatever xp we have earned, and call it a day.

OOC: Well, that seems to be the majority (Velmont is busy right now, R1 is MIA, CaBaNa is busy with life, dimsdale experienced what I'm struggling with and VV is understanding (and thank you for that!), but I'll ask [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] if he is motivated to finish the adventure. If not, we'll have a nice finish... with a hook for the follow up down the road.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Now that you put it that way, I think it would be more convenient, since I'm the only active player apparently. I'm not very thrilled to be the only Pc playing, less making all this quilombo just for me. Oh and Stonegod. ;)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Well, that seems to be the majority (Velmont is busy right now, R1 is MIA, CaBaNa is busy with life, dimsdale experienced what I'm struggling with and VV is understanding (and thank you for that!), but I'll ask [MENTION=82251]TwoHeadsBarking[/MENTION] if he is motivated to finish the adventure. If not, we'll have a nice finish... with a hook for the follow up down the road.

OOC: Sorry 4M, I was unaware that your players were disappearing. Go ahead and close it up, figure out XP and treasure. If the PCs got some percentage up to a level (e.g. 60%), assign treasure to that same percentage of PCs where the players are not MIA first. For example, if at 60%, maybe VV, dimsdale, and stonegod get parcels; and everyone gets 60% of level gold, or some such.

Thanks for running. It seems that keeping a group together has been getting more and more difficult.

FourMonos

First Post
River moves north of the large Boromar brute and shouts his prayer at them. Through his mind tortured haze, the man-beast called Grizzo recalls an inkling of a prayer from his childhood. That solitary pleasant memory paralyzes Grizzo more than any blade, mace or club could ever do.

Grizzo stops attacking and walks slowly toward River. He grabs two of the Boromar swordsmen walking by and snaps their neck like he was turning a door knob.

Through a thick mouth, Grizzo mutters, "I like that. Mama like it."

Everyone stops in mid swing to see what happens. With something new to chew on, Grizzo slowly walks away. His fellow Boromar muscle men slink away from the adventurers.

[sblock=XP rewards]
Experience Awards: Poisoned to the Core

Encounter 1:

Level 10 minion (125xp) x 9 = 1125 xp

Encounter 2:

Bugbear Wardancer (lvl 9) x 4 = 1600 xp
Ogre Champion (lvl 12) x 1 = 700 xp
Manticore (lvl 10 elite) x 1 = 1000 xp
Displacer Beast (lvl 9) x 1 = 400 xp
Chimera (lvl 15 elite) x1 = 2400 xp

Combat Skill Challenge x 3 = 750 xp
-----------