Way of the Wicked - A Campaign for Evil PCs [PFRPG] Discussion (FULL)

Malvoisin

First Post
Be the Bad Guy!

The Kingdom of Talingarde is the most noble, virtuous, peaceful nation in the known world. This is the story of how you burned this insipid paradise to the ground.

It’s only fair. They burned you first.

They condemned you for your wicked deeds. They branded you. They shipped you to the worst prison in the kingdom. In three days, you die. In three days, the do-gooders pray they’ll be rid of you.

They’ve given you three days. The fools, that’s more than you need to break out. And then, it will be their turn to face the fire.

Greetings one and all! I am recruiting for the Way of the Wicked Adventure Path, a campaign for evil-aligned characters. This is a very thoughtfully-designed adventure path from Fire Mountain Games, crafted with intelligence and attention to detail. Simply put, this is an evil campaign done right...and I want to run it here as a pbp. If that's got your interest piqued, read on...

Campaign Seeds

Guilty. You are a lawbreaker – the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains before a magistrate and condemned you. They sent you to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a runic F. You are forsaken. You won’t be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is only a holding pen. In three days – justice comes. In three days – everything ends. What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only… No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison. This is where your story ends.

[sblock=What is Talingarde?]
Talingarde is the most virtuous, peaceful, noble nation in the world today. This land is ruled by King Markadian V called the Brave of House Darius. He has only one heir – the beautiful princess Bellinda. This benevolent monarchy is heavily intertwined with the Church of Mitra, the Shining Lord. You are from Talingarde. This is your home. You have lived here your entire life. And if they gave you half a chance, you would have your revenge on all of them.[/sblock]
[sblock=Who is Mitra?]
Mitra, the so-called Shining Lord, is the god of the sun, bravery, honor, justice, charity and other such pusillanimous rubbish. The Church of Mitra is the preeminent religion of Talingarde these days. The Knights of the Alerion, the elite warriors of Talingarde, are a Mitran order. The monks of St. Macarius, who travel the land healing the sick and the helping the needy, are also a Mitran order. The House of Darius, the royal family of Talingarde, are devout followers of Mitra. It wasn’t always this way. Before the Darians took over, Talingarde worshipped an entire pantheon of deities. Preeminent among those deities was Asmodeus, Prince of Hell, Lord of Ambition and Order. Now it is forbidden to worship Asmodeus. To do so is to be condemned. The Mitrans destroyed all the Asmodean temples and burned his books and priests. There are no followers of Asmodeus anymore in Talingarde – at least none who will admit so publicly. Devout Mitrans will not say the name Asmodeus. He is simply “The Fallen” or “The Enemy”.[/sblock]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Creation Notes
-1st Level PCs
-25 Point Buy
-Pathfinder Core Rulebook, Advanced Players Guide (note: I hate summoners!), Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic are allowed sources. Other sources possibly considered on a case by case basis. Just ask.
-No overtly monstrous races (there's infiltration and skullduggery aplenty to be done here).
-Alignments Allowed: LE (strongly encouraged), NE, or N/LN with evil tendencies. That's it.
-Characters will begin with no equipment. They are prisoners after all! Saves time on character sheets, too.
-No traits for this game. Instead, each PC will be allowed to take two extra skill points at each level.
-PCs begin as inmates at Branderscar Prison, and thus are guilty of having committed one of the following crimes...you may embellish your own details as far as what exactly you did, to whom, and how you got caught. Each option also conveys a small mechanical benefit, which I will reveal after your decision has been made.
[sblock=List of Possible Crimes]
Arson, Attempted Murder, Blasphemy, Consorting with Dark Powers, Desecration, Desertion, Dueling unto Death, Extortion, Forgery, Fraud, Grave Robbery, Heresy, High Theft, High Treason, Kidnapping, Murder, Piracy, Sedition, Slave-Taking, Slave Trading.[/sblock]
-Class notes: No paladins, gunslingers, ninja, samurai or summoners (I hate summoners!) are allowed. Clerics and Inquisitors would do really well to be worshipers of Asmodeus. The Anti-paladin from the APG is permitted (houseruled to allow any evil alignment instead of requiring Chaotic Evil). The Assassin PrC is allowed if you want to work towards that. Barbarians and Druids are not strictly prohibited, but may be problematic and thus are not really encouraged.

This is something different, to be sure, but it promises to be a hell of a lot of fun (in more ways than one). We'll need four players to get the game off the ground, but I'd probably take as many as six if there is enough interest. If more than six should throw their hats in the ring, I'll have to think of some way to whittle things down. For now, please post if you're interested in playing, along with any other thoughts or questions you may have.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
My interest is piqued as I took a look over at Fire Mountain Games and read a few reviews of the AP.

Also I have always wanted to play a firebug, but heroes don't go around burning everything and everyone.

So Arson would be his crime of choice and worshiping Asmodeus fits well.

Not sure what class I may play will just wait and see about filling out a party role - any class can like fire. :devil:

HM

Caim

First Post
I'm actually in a game for this AP but the GM is afk and it looks like it'll be declared dead very soon. The game never got past the prison escape. So I am interested in this game as well.

HM it sounds like your an alchemist my friend. As for what I would play I was thinking barbarian who is/was a slave taker/trader, a rogue that is on his way to being a hired killer, or a magus who just enjoys killing. For the magus I would like permission to use the Dervish Dance feat. If your not familiar with the feat it allows you to use your Dex mod instead of Str mod for damage with a scimitar.

Edit: Just noticed you didn't include Ultimate Magic in the books allowed. So is magus out?

Edit: Actually I think I'll wait and see what happens with the GM from the other game and go from there and let someone else have this spot.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
My interest is piqued as well. As far as what class I would like to play...I'm not really sure but I'm sure I can come up with something very soon.

Velmont

First Post
That's interesting. I think I would like to play a Witch for that game. Probably accused of Consorting with Dark Powers, Extortion and/or High Theft

Malvoisin

First Post
Edit: Just noticed you didn't include Ultimate Magic in the books allowed. So is magus out?

Edit: Actually I think I'll wait and see what happens with the GM from the other game and go from there and let someone else have this spot.
Understood.

I actually overlooked Ultimate Magic as an allowable source, but I have now updated my original post to include it. So, for the record, a magus would be allowed.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I too am very piqued by this concept. I would probably go with the route of either a deserter or consorting with dark powers. Inquisitor more than likely. How many are you taking for this adventure?

Malvoisin

First Post
Couple of notes:

1. I have no problem with prospective PCs having committed more than one of the listed crimes. However, one should be designated as 'primary' for purposes of conveying the bonus.

2. I'll be looking to assemble a group of villains who have all committed different crimes, if at all possible. I like variety.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Hmmm I was thinking dwarf inquisitor with the heresy inquisition but if Fangor would like inquisitor be my guest. Also why would barbarian be a poor choice?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases