Dire Animal Template, Giganotosaurus, and Spinosaurus

dragonis111

First Post
First off is there a template for making any animal dire or do i just need to figure it out on my own based on other stat blocks of normal and dire animals?

Secondly, I plan on statting out the Giganotosaurus and the Spinosaurus.

For the Giganotosaurus I could easily take the T-Rex stats and just increase the size, the hit dice, the damage dice, increase strength and con, the AC some, and increase it's speed a little due to its larger stride.

But for the Spinosaurus I am thinking more or less I'll have to start from the ground up?

I'll also need some help for making their stats as animal companions for druids and rangers.

Any suggestions?

Thorindale

First Post
There is a Dire Creature template in the Tome of Horrors Complete (PF).

And spinosaurus stats can be found in the Bestiary 3 (PF).

Last edited:

dragonis111

First Post
Thanks Thorindale you just got rid of half of my work!!!

To let you in on a secret, I need these things as my party will be finding an ancient wizards Jurassic Parkish island that has been recently rediscovered, and unknown to my party as of now said wizard had experimented with dire dinosaurs and also accidentally created a race of hybrid human/dinosaur beings that now inhabit the island and worship him as their god creator.

frankthedm

First Post
27470723.JPG

The World of Kong: A Natural History of Skull Island: A must read for any Game Master planning on sending the players to a lost world. Kong does not take up much of the book either, I think three or four pages, if that much.

"The World Of Kong: A Natural History Of Skull Island is an art book filled with design and concept work from the people at Weta Workshop for Peter Jackson's film King Kong. Presented as if Skull Island really existed, the book shows dozens of animals created for the Skull Island sequences, few of which actually appeared in the final film. Each creature has a name (usually given in Latin), a translation of its name, a general size listing, and a few paragraphs of descriptive text. Material perfect for adaptation into the game system of your choice!"

Quote taken from this website. It converted the critters to the Hero system. Creatures from The World of Kong

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases