[Pathfinder] Friadoc's 'Down Camlin Way' campaign [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jorgan takes a deep breath, letting the salty air flood his senses for a time. He's here to trade with the fish vendor, but there's no hurry. This morning is a fine one, and there's no sense in letting it slip by unnoticed. He notices the bantering duo and gently gives a nod and a smile, then turns to take in the early summer sun as it makes its ascent.

jkason

First Post
Gileysefed Lan, gnome oracle

On the outskirts of the market, a green-haired gnome stands, biting his lip as his wide, lavender eyes scan the throng of much taller humanoids. The large, red-haired wolf sitting behind him sighs and flops to the ground, calling the gnome's attention to herself.

"Aw, Golf, you can't give up so easy," the gnome reassures the animal. "I'm sure she's around here somewhere."

The wolf raises her head and lets out a soft woof.

"Oh, I know what you're thinking, but it's not my fault. I mean, you've seen this, right?" the gnome digs into the saddlebags on the wolf, producing a neatly-stacked set of mobile cookware. "Look how well they all fit! It's brilliant! I had to look at it. It's not my fault I forgot to tell her."

There is an odd moaning in the wind, and the cookware in the gnome's hand pops into the air, spilling across the ground with a clatter. The wolf hops to her feet to avoid any of it landing on her head.

"You know, I think they're right," Giley says. He appears generally unfazed by the spontaneous eruption of pots and plates, moving to gather them all up again and return them to the wolf's saddlebag. "What we need to do is make some noise. Then she's bound to hear us, right?"

Giley rifles through a small pouch, eventually producing a small bit of wool.

"Talashia? Where are you? Come find me!" Giley says to the wool. Then he blows on it, wafting it up above the crowd. Suddenly, as if multiple people were all yelling in unison, a voice emanates from the almost-unseen bit of wool:

"Talashia? Where are you? Come find me!" rings out the chorus. The people in the market turn with a start, looking up into the air for a source of the repeating voice. Giley, looking up at his handiwork with a proud grin, fails to notice that he suddenly has a much wider space around him as the throng steers clear of the ghost voice's call.

"Do you think I need to add lights?" he asks the wolf without looking at her.

Golfinwerg simply flops back down on the ground with a whimper.

Shayuri

First Post
"As subtle as ever," came a wry voice behind Giley. The wind shifted, and Golf perked up, sniffing. She got to her feet and made a low howling sound, the sound a wolf makes to its pack when game is in the air.

Emerging from the woods was a woman in a blue and white blouse and blue skirt, with sun-darkened skin that made her white hair look even whiter. A stout staff was in her hand...just a carved tree branch really, a glorified walking stick, and a dark green cloak draped 'round her shoulders.

The woman looked at the marketplace crowd, many of whom were looking around to spy the source of the noise. A few were ambling over curiously.

...is it magic?...are they doing a show?...

"He was just trying to find me," Talashia assured the farmers and merchants, making a placating gesture. "We got separated."

"Talashia! As I live and breathe!"

One of the men of the village came through the crowd and laughed.

"So you made it back after all! And Giley! What are you two lurking in the shadows out here for! Folk will think you're up to no good!"

Teneman Goodson, 'Tenny' to his friends...which was just about anyone..., came up and clapped Giley on the back, then offered his hand to Talashia, who diffidently shook it. He laughed again and yanked her in for a hug, which she hesitantly returned. He was a carpenter, and a good one...people came even from the city sometimes to see his work.

"Have you seen your parents yet?" Tenny asked jovially as he released Tala. "They haven't mentioned you coming back...did you tell them you were coming?"

Leif

Adventurer
Tyyrh, Elf Fighter

"Did you see and hear that, Ernesto?" asks Tyyrh when he sees the explosion of cookware and hears the booming voice calling Talashia's name. "There are spells at work here, without question. Let us draw near to them at once. When they see our martial proclivities, perhaps they will join with us, or, knowing the self-importance of such folk, perhaps they will let us join with them."

[sblock=Tyyrh, Stats]
Tyyrh, Elf Fighter1, N/G
S14 +2
D17 +3
C14 +2
I10 +0
W10 +0
C10 +0

HP 13/13
AC 20 [10+1[feat]+3[dex]+6[chainmail]]
Move= 20 ft
BAB +1
CMB +3
CMD 17
Init: +5

Feat(s)
-[L1]Weapon Focus (Elven curve blade--+4 att/1d10+2 dam)[+2str+1BAB+1feat]
Fighter Bonus Feat(s)
-[L1]Dodge (+1AC dodge bonus)

Skills (2 ranks/level)
-Climb 1rank+2str=+3
-Perception 1rank+2racial=+3

Saves:
Fort: +4; Ref: +4;Will: +0

[starting gold = 300gp]
[20gp left over]
Chainmail (150gp, +6AC+3dex+1feat) (AC:20) (move=20ft)
Elven curve blade (80gp; 1d10+2 dam; +4 att, 18-20 X2)
Longsword (15gp; 1d8+2 dam; +4 att, 19-20 X2)
Dagger (2gp; 1d4+2 dam; +2 att, 19-20 X2)
Short bow (30gp; 1d6 dam; +5 att, X3 )
Quiver of 40 arrows (2gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Belt Pouch (1gp)

pp
gp 20
sp
cp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jorgan closes his eyes and shakes his head nearly imperceptibly. So much for a peaceful morning, he thinks, and makes his way next to his schoolmate. "A grand entrance as always, I see..."

Friadoc

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
Hey, Folks, I just wanted to let you know that, yes, I'm reading these and enjoying them. It's definitely a nice start to the campaign, and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

I plan on interjecting after a bit, probably within the next day or so, but I'm liking the character development and shared narrative...so keep it up. :)
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Gileysefed Lan, gnome oracle

"Subtle? You mean, like whispering? Well, then you'd never have heard me," Giley responds with a wide smile and roll of his eyes.

Golfinwerg, for her part, gives Talashia a quick sniff, then seems content to sit to the side as the two interact.

"Have you seen your parents yet?" Tenny asked jovially as he released Tala. "They haven't mentioned you coming back...did you tell them you were coming?"

"I was going to, but Golf said I shouldn't put my tiny, squished up nose in," Giley says. Golfinwerg chuffs a bit of air as she nods her head. "She thinks our noses aren't very useful," he adds in a stage whisper. "Bit of a pedalist that way, but what can you do?"

Jorgan closes his eyes and shakes his head nearly imperceptibly. So much for a peaceful morning, he thinks, and makes his way next to his schoolmate. "A grand entrance as always, I see..."

Giley turns at the newcomer, his smile widening, if that were possible.

"Hello! I'm Gileysefed Lan, and this is Golfinwerg," he says, indicating the wolf. While she doesn't show much sign of aggression, anyone paying close attention will notice that Golfinwerg's move for a head scratch at mention of her name puts her slightly between Jorgan and the bright-eyed gnome.

Without warning, Giley's belt pouch opens and a smattering of coin jumps out, spilling to the ground. In that moment, the breeze seems to carry an indecipherable whispering. The gnome scoops up the coins without missing a beat, adding, "They've never told he their names," he adds, waving vaguely to the space above his head, "But I'm sure they're pleased to meet you, too."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Arriving with Tyrrh, Ernesto hears the faint whisper in the wind and looks about for the source. Finding naught, he asks Tyrrh , "did you hear something?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases