[Pathfinder] Friadoc's 'Down Camlin Way' campaign [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
OOC: I'm still here, as well. The site seems to be running smoothly now, I have to say. Hopefully that will last!

IC: "Sounds logical enough, Talashia. Are we ready to move now?"

Shayuri

First Post
(Argh, missed that we were waiting on me...oh man, what a slip)

Talashia nods.

"I think we have what we need now. If any of you have any errands left, meet the rest of us by the dock." She pauses, "If anyone doesn't plan on going with us, say so now so we don't wait for you."

Assuming no one says anything, she heads off, their guide in tow, to start the journey.

Friadoc

Explorer
With an aloofness born of professionalism, Carslin makes way to the nearest of the entrenched earthworks. Taciturn, yet efficient, Carslin says little as he guides the party through their first exposure to the Mushfens. What little he does say is akin to constructive correction, be it a subtle piece of flora that would cause painful blistering or a colorful insect whose touch is best avoided due to it causing deep slumber.

The environs of the Mushfens is just on the other side of comfortable, as the humidity is just too moist and the heat just above reason. It is muggy, weighty, and ever present. It wears upon a person not use to such places, and even those with practice and acclimatization find it irksome and invasive.

Each hour of trekking feels like four, be it due to exertion or the constant ambiance of the flora and fauna of the swamp, and just when it starts to feel like another step is too much the guide points toward the raised stakewall. Constructed of local wood and mortared with native clay, soil, and turf. Within the palisade is a simple two story keep crafted of the same materials as the walls of the rally point.

"Now comes the difficult part," understates Carslin. "We need to navigate the switchbacks and see if anything's made this one their home since last used."

Upon the guide's commentary, the switchbacked trenches become more evident along the raised hillside that the fort resides. Similar to a rudimentary maze, it is an earthwork designed to slow invaders and make it easy for the defenders to hold off greater numbers with fewer.

"Who's up for scouting?"

Friadoc

Explorer
As Ernesto approaches the earthen works it is obvious that the entrance starts shallow yet quickly deepens as he enters the maze of switchbacks and dead ends. There is not a time limit to completing the maze, however there is a weighty foreboding of danger at each turn or run of trench that there might be creature, hazard, or trap.

The initial entry point comes to a T-Junction, those outside can easily call directions although it would warn anyone, or thing that is within the switchbacks or the fortification. What will Ernesto and his fellows' methodology be?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases