Lists of what I am not allowing will be passed around the room.

ForeverSlayer

Banned
Banned
It looks to me like I will have to go through Next with a fine tooth comb and make a list of what I don't want to use, and pass that around to my players. In my opinion this seems like it's going to be a lot of work and that player's can't have expectations until after they have spoken with their DM.

Last edited:

Mallus

Legend
It looks to me like I will have to go through Next with a fine tooth comb and make a list of what I don't want to use, make a list of it and pass that around to my players. In my opinion this seems like it's going to be a lot of work and that player's can't have expectations until after they have spoken with their DM.
A little... early for this, eh?

Also, players will have expectations. Human nature and all. A good DM doesn't stand on high and proclaim "thou shalt not have expectations". That would be silly -- though somewhat appealingly megalomaniacal. A good DM manages expectations, often meeting their players halfway.

Oni

First Post
Maybe if you have to make tons of changes you would be better off playing a different game. If, for whatever reason, 5e doesn't suit your taste there isn't any particular reason you must play it. Or perhaps you're trying to say that you feel that game will be strong enough to make up for any problems like this. Of course, at this point in time any speculation about the nature of the final rules is probably pretty premature, it's hard to say what stuff you might want to take out when you don't even know what's in it yet.

the Jester

Legend
A little... early for this, eh?

Seriously. The game won't be out for quite a while yet and literally nothing is finalized about it.

And this is different from any other edition... how?

In 1e it was Unearthed Arcana and Oriental Adventures. In 2e it was almost anything from the Book of Elves, lots of kits, Skills & Powers. In 3e it was Sword and Fist, Book of Nine Swords, tons of third party material, etc. In 4e it was DarkSun stuff, the power creep of themes and backgrounds.

If you think vetting material for your players when you dm is a new thing, you haven't been paying attention.

moxcamel

Explorer
If you're talking about the playtest, it might be a bit early to make sweeping house rules. Things are going to change a lot, and the idea is to playtest the material as presented so as to standardize the feedback. If you're talking about the actual game as shipped...well, ok. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases