Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Insight

Adventurer
Oh, hrm. All right, well forget all my attempted stealthiness then. Not much Osrin can hide behind.

Use this instead:

"Listen, I have nothing but respect for the guards of this town and of this fine prison," Osrin says. "But know that when we escape - and we will escape - you, who have been given the opportunity to aid us, will be the first one to die. Why not aid us and live? You can go home to your family, your friends, and be happy knowing that you are safe."

OOC: Bluff check.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Curz listens to the others behind him and he is frozen for a moment at what to do.

He puts his hands around the bars of the small window and shakes the door a bit. "This door is locked. I want it unlocked. I need you to unlock it," he says calmly though his hands are sweating around the bars.

The guard smirks, "Fat chance of tha-..."

"UNLOCK! This door." Curz commands, and the word comes about sounding strange and otherworldly, as he shouts it at the man.

[sblock=OOC] Sorry I'm so late to the party.

O.k. I know that Unlock is not one of the five commands the spell says you can give, but I'm hoping that there should be a longer list. With things like, Jump! Open! and of course Unlock :p as just a few other options.

GM call I am good either way. If allowed DC 14 Will save.

Not much else he can do. Till his buddy shows up that is. :devil:[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
The guard holds his ground, waiting for backup. He's nervous, but clearly not believing Osrin's promises of safety and peace.

Meanwhile, Anitol reaches through the bars of the cell door, attempting to pick the lock with the thieves tools. He is not successful this time, and the cell door remains closed. "Hey! Stop that, you!" shouts the guard, but he doesn't approach any nearer to the bars.

OOC: HM, I agree with you that Command should be a tad more flexible than having only five options. So house ruled.

At Curz's supernatural command, the guard's brow furrows in surprise as he finds himself stepping forward with a ring of keys extended. With held breath, you watch as the guard's trembling hand inserts the key into the lock and turns it with a 'click'. The guard's eyes widen in terror; he gasps softly, unable to believe what he has just done.

OOC: Your cell door is unlocked! Jaylen and Valeria can change their actions for round one now, if you wish. Come to think of it, Ethan and Osrin really haven't done anything but talk this round either, so they can act too (as a Delayed action).

jailhouserock2.jpg

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Valeria, seeing the only thing in their way is the guard, she tells him. "Good long and endless night!"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sleep Hex on the guard: Will vs DC 16[/SBLOCK]

Insight

Adventurer
"Had you acted of your own free will, perhaps things would have worked out better for you," Osrin says as he moves quickly and sidelong through the opening.

OOC: don't know if Osrin will act before the sleep spell goes off, so here's his options. If he goes before the sleep spell or it doesn't work, he attacks the guard with his dagger. If the sleep spell is successful, Osrin instead moves to the corner at square L7 and awaits more guards.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: If the hex works:

"Kill him before he awakes. His sleep won't last long." tells Valeria to his cellmates.

OOC: For your information. A slumber Hex last 1 round per level before the target awake. Which means only 1 round at this level.

Malvoisin

First Post
OOC: I was considering Osrin as having delayed his action, so really he could go before or after Valeria. Let's assume he waits, though. Hmm, not very great at Will saves are these guards?

Before he can react further, the guard is overcome by Valeria's hex, and slumps to the ground fast asleep.

Seizing the opportunity, Osrin emerges from the cell, stepping over the slumbering guard.

OOC: Okay, still time for Ethan (delayed) and Jaylen to act in Round 1. After that, we'll see if any newcomers, alerted by the first guard's shout, may join the fray.

jailhouserock3b.jpg

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan grabs the guard quickly as he slumps to the floor. "This is as good a death as any." He twists the guards neck trying to break it.

[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure what roll is needed to break someone's neck but I'll go with STR?[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
Ethan grabs the guard quickly as he slumps to the floor. "This is as good a death as any." He twists the guards neck trying to break it.

[sblock=OOC]I'm not sure what roll is needed to break someone's neck but I'll go with STR?[/sblock]
OOC: What you're talking about is a coup de grace, which is fine, but it's a full round action. Let's have Ethan move into position for round one, then he can attempt his neck-breaking action in the second round. I'll give a little more time for Jaylen, but round 2 goes up later today, regardless.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases