Malvoisin's Way of the Wicked, Act 1: Knot of Thorns [PFRPG]

Velmont

First Post
Valeria moves toward the guard to have him in sight (L6) and try to put to sleep the other guard (Slumber Hex: Will vs DC 16)

Malvoisin

First Post
The second guard looks hopeful for just a moment as his sword seriously injures Anitol. But then, just like his fellow, he falls victim to Valeria's sleeping curse, slumping over to the ground with a moan.

Osrin, meanwhile, cleanly slits the throat of the first sleeping guard, leaving his life blood pooling out on the cold, hard stone.

Ethan approaches the second guard with longsword in hand, followed closely by Jaylen.

OOC: Hand waving the coup de grace, for logic's sake. First guard is dead, second guard is essentially at your mercy. There is no indication that any further reinforcements are coming for now. We'll call this combat over.

status report: Anitol 1/9 hp

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Jaylen tries to find an opening in the battle, as he readies to lob another acidic blob at the guards. This time, maybe he can make it hit their open mouths as they scream at the others...

Readied action to Acid Splash a guard that proves the easiest to hit. Ranged +2

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan flashes a smile back at Valeria. "Well done Valeria."

He turns his attention to the sleeping guard. "Ferryman take you as well."

[sblock=Action]Coup de grace on the second sleeping guard.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The glow around Curz's hands dissipates and he stands silently. He says nothing as the guards are killed and relieved of their weapons. Had they treated him (and the others) better he may have asked for their lives...

{{ But wicked men always get what they deserve. }} he thinks to himself.

He watches the door the guard came out hoping the rest of their escape will go off as easily.

Malvoisin

First Post
The blade of Ethan's longsword easily dispatches the second guard. There is no sign of any other guards for now, leaving the escapees with a moment to make plans.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Anitol staggers away from the fallen guard, gasping slightly and trying ineffectually to staunch the flow of blood from his chest with what remains of his prison rags.

"Well . . . that could have gone better. But I suppose it could have gone worse, as well. We don't know how long we have until these two are missed. We should take stock, briefly, and then get moving."

He looks down at the guards and then thoughtfully at Ethan.

"You should probably put on one of their uniforms. It won't pass close inspection, but it might buy us a few seconds if we're spotted again."

Velmont

First Post
Valeria kneels down next to the second guard and start to search him. "I can do it all day long. I'm not much versatile but it work pretty well... sadly, it is not perfect. A strong will can resist the slumber, or I would not be here."

Valeria search for the guard for keys, any item that could be useful for their escape and anything valuable that could help to pay a passage once out of the prison.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Ethan nods as Anitol makes the suggestion. "You read my mind. As long as theres not too much blood on the uniforms they'll both be useful." He looks around to the group until his gaze settles on Osrin. "Care to take a stroll with me and scout out what's ahead?"

Malvoisin

First Post
Anitol looks around the prison block and assesses the situation. None of the other barred cells in the hall currently contain any occupants. The wooden door to the south apparently leads to the guard room. The heavy door to the west is a bit of mystery, however. You have all seen guards enter and exit that area a few times, sometimes with large hauches of meat, and never in groups of less than three.

Valeria makes note of the possessions of the guards. Each has a longsword (one already taken by Ethan), club and chain shirt. One has a ring of large keys, which you have already seen is for the jail cells. Each guard also carries one smaller key, perhaps for a locker or trunk of some sort.

There is some blood splashed around the neck and chest of each of the guards' uniforms, but not an excessive amount. It's possible that it wouldn't draw too much notice, at least from a distance.

OOC: Don't forget about the veil, too, guys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases